DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

I’m not 1 of the people who thinks for a minute that Bill Belichik is washed but for meme’s sake, is the AFC East about to have washed Bill, washed Rodgers and washed Brady next year? 

Dolfan was suggesting they’re possibly adding Derrick Henry I think. Since he’s known as King Henry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The assumption there is Miles Sanders leaving.  Miami, Minnesota, Denver, or Detroit seem like the likely landing spots.  

If that happens, yeah, you can probably pencil in Bijan at 10, but I have seen him slipping to Detroit in the draft.  

• Like 1

I like Philly or Buffalo as landing spots because I would love for Bijan to be a starter for a Super Bowl contender, and also because I would get an Eagles shirt with Bijan's jersey and pretend to be an Eagles fan.

Roschon Johnson is going to be your late Day 2 early day 3 steal.

38 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

LETS. FUCKING.  GO. 

If he plays half or more of more than 9 games, I'll buy you a Starbucks/Amazon/iTunes gift card with a value of $1 per game played.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tabe said:

If he plays half or more of more than 9 games, I'll buy you a Starbucks/Amazon/iTunes gift card with a value of $1 per game played.

Donate it to God's Love We Deliver and you're on. 

2 minutes ago, Tabe said:

That seems like... not much for #1 overall. 

How’s it not much? A 1 (in the top 10 still), a 2 this year, a 1 and 2 next year (with the one possibly being in the top 10 again), and a receiver that would be the #1 receiver on that team even if it’s by default. I think they did incredibly well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The assumption there is Miles Sanders leaving.  Miami, Minnesota, Denver, or Detroit seem like the likely landing spots.  

If that happens, yeah, you can probably pencil in Bijan at 10, but I have seen him slipping to Detroit in the draft.  

I hope I don’t sound like an idiot, but what’s the rumor for Dalvin Cook then? Because I can’t see the Vikings having money for both him and Sanders. Especially if your team and Denver decide they want him (Sanders) to be their number one back.

3 minutes ago, LF2 said:

How’s it not much? A 1 (in the top 10 still), a 2 this year, a 1 and 2 next year (with the one possibly being in the top 10 again), and a receiver that would be the #1 receiver on that team even if it’s by default. I think they did incredibly well. 

2 firsts, a second and a good WR to move up 8 spots isn't a huge haul. 

Last time the luck was traded, Tennessee got two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds while giving up two late rounds picks as well. 

I guess considering the draft pool this year, Chicago did ok. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tabe said:

2 firsts, a second and a good WR to move up 8 spots isn't a huge haul. 

Last time the luck was traded, Tennessee got two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds while giving up two late rounds picks as well. 

I guess considering the draft pool this year, Chicago did ok. 

They got two firsts and two seconds. One of the firsts is guaranteed to be in the top 10, and if Carolina takes Richardson I think it’s a safe bet they’re both in the top 10. Plus I’d rather (as Chicago would too) have a #1 receiver than a crap shoot third round pick. Have you seen the free agent receivers this year? When teams are talking about Jakobi Meyers getting 20+ million then yeah DJ Moore is a great pickup. 

Also with the trade you referenced Tennessee only hit on one pick and now they’re trying to dump that guy too (King Henry) 

• Like 1

Moore is a solid player at a position the Bears desperately need help. I like the deal for them, even if they probably would've preferred staying in the top five and getting either Carter or Anderson.

Yeah The Bears won this one. While it may not be as much as others have gotten for the Number One pick, it's far more than I expected a team with limited leverage to get. They have their QB and in a QB heavy draft it's not like The Panthers HAD to move up to get one of the top 5.

DJ Moore is the perfect fit for The Bears in a way Claypool isn't. They get a solid above league average number 1 WR now and can use that 9th pick on a different position than WR. For their wants and needs this is a great deal.

For The Panthers if the QB hits this is still a win for them. It's just a roll of the dice. If the QB doesn't hit they are pretty bad off. But they must be pretty confident in the guy they want being a hit. We shall see.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Yeah The Bears won this one. While it may not be as much as others have gotten for the Number One pick, it's far more than I expected a team with limited leverage to get. They have their QB and in a QB heavy draft it's not like The Panthers HAD to move up to get one of the top 5.

DJ Moore is the perfect fit for The Bears in a way Claypool isn't. They get a solid above league average number 1 WR now and can use that 9th pick on a different position than WR. For their wants and needs this is a great deal.

For The Panthers if the QB hits this is still a win for them. It's just a roll of the dice. If the QB doesn't hit they are pretty bad off. But they must be pretty confident in the guy they want being a hit. We shall see.

Oh my god, it has happened.  We agree on something, lol.  There is no bigger crap shoot than drafting a 1st round quarterback, so if you have a quarterback and you can get multiple first round picks to surround him with talent, you have a massive opportunity to improve your roster.  I have no idea what Justin Fields will be, but there aren't many teams with young quarterbacks that have more capital for improvement than the Bears right now.

With that said, giving up that much for a lottery ticket while publicly saying you don't want a former MVP who you could potentially get for less is kinda dumb.  I legitimately can't tell you how stupid I find this entire Lamar Jackson situation.  Absolutely everybody is trying to get a franchise quarterback, and there is one available and everyone is acting like MVP caliber quarterbacks are regularly available.  This is probably the best free agent opportunity ever, and nobody is jumping at this opportunity. Seriously, you have to compete with Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow and unless you have Herbert, Lawrence, or Hurts you should probably be looking for a new quarterback and Jackson is the only one available who can be in that conversation.  People should be tripping over each other trying to write that check.  

• Haha 1

In happier news, Brock Purdy finally had the surgery to get his UCL repaired. They are hoping he can start throwing again in three months and maybe be ready for the regular season. It was a repair and not a reconstruction, thus the shorter timeline than MLB pitchers that get Tommy John surgery.

• Like 3