DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I don't think being a Christian makes you a psycho necessarily. But if you make it your public identity almost as if it's your wrestling character, that's a red flag. Anyone working that hard to make that their identity is generally pretty phony. Usually there's a reason for being that level of phony and that reason tends to be the psycho part.

And this right here is Crazy-Eyed Russ in a number of interviews.  He makes Westbrook seem like the more well-adjusted Russell.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mario said:

Edit: I threw out Andrew Luck as an example of a star quarterback who is relatively well-adjusted, but my wife immediately pointed out that he used to pretend he was a Confederate soldier and write long letters to his mom “from the battlefield”, so, yeah, I am withdrawing his candidacy.  My mistake,

Wasn't that just a parody Twitter account ran by a random person?

I think Luck would say he was pretty fucked up during his career. ESPN did a long form article on him finding happiness in retirement and it sounds like his was miserable and angry his whole career. A lot of it seems to be because as QB, he felt he had to be QB in all facets of his life, including ordering for everyone when they went for dinner.

Andrew Luck Finally Reveals Why He Left the NFL

7 minutes ago, Mario said:

I thought it was legit and later inspired a parody account, but Google makes it seems like it was never anything but a goof.

It was always a parody and a great one at that. I think it just stemmed from the fact that short, wispy beard Luck just looked like a Civil War soldier 

Not really news per se but per Schefter - the Bears are "leaning" towards trading the #1 pick

Also the usual reminder that we are in lying season and all teams try to swindle other teams

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Not really news per se but per Schefter - the Bears are "leaning" towards trading the #1 pick

Also the usual reminder that we are in lying season and all teams try to swindle other teams

My favorite unlikely scenario I've seen is the Bears first convince the Texans that somebody is trading up for whichever QB Houston wants. Gets the second plus a haul of extra picks.

Then trades down with Indy, gets their pick and another haul, and can still likely get either Anderson or Carter.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

My favorite unlikely scenario I've seen is the Bears first convince the Texans that somebody is trading up for whichever QB Houston wants. Gets the second plus a haul of extra picks.

Then trades down with Indy, gets their pick and another haul, and can still likely get either Anderson or Carter.

Texans are already having people float that they're thinking of waiting until next year for their franchise QB

Carson Wentz is officially unemployed.

You know, I sorta half-heartedly defended him last off-season, pointing out his numbers were a lot better than he got credit for. But I was flabbergasted Washington traded away actual stuff for him and his contract instead of waiting for Indy to cut him.

Then he played much worse this year. Yeesh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You'd think the place that literally had a game snowed out this year would consider putting a roof of some kind on the new building.   But, eh... not like I'm ever going there. 

Yeah they're heavily pushing "most seats are covered by the overhang!" as if the snow won't just blow under it anyway. It looks like a nice stadium for Florida.

Plus a covered stadium could have hosted a Super Bowl and/or WrestleMania. By the time this is built, Josh Allen will likely be out the door, and the team will be 4-13 again (if Pegula doesn't sell the team before then).

Sad.

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2

For whatever reason - a lot of teams* are unwilling to pay the extra money to add the retractable roof (or just a roof in general)

I mean you would have thought a baseball team in Minnesota would have put a fucking roof on their new stadium but nope.

Or that a baseball stadium in Texas would have had AC

(* the Titans seem to be the exception right now since they are building their new stadium to be used year round as they specifically stated it would make sense for fucking Nashville to host music concerts when football isn't in season.)

Speaking of the Bills

They have announced that Leslie Frazier has decided to take a year off from coaching. He will return in 2024

They did not say who will be interim DC (nor get into the specifics as to why Frazier is taking a year off)

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of the Bills

They have announced that Leslie Frazier has decided to take a year off from coaching. He will return in 2024

They did not say who will be interim DC (nor get into the specifics as to why Frazier is taking a year off)

Bills fans will need a new scapegoat next year, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Although it should be noted it doesn't say he'll return to coaching for the Bills in 2024, just that he'll return to coachingSo I wouldn't assume the next coach will be an interim, will be interesting to see how they present the new DC or if Frazier is definitely coming back they just don't have one at all since McDermott has a DC background. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Bills fans will need a new scapegoat next year, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Although it should be noted it doesn't say he'll return to coaching for the Bills in 2024, just that he'll return to coachingSo I wouldn't assume the next coach will be an interim, will be interesting to see how they present the new DC or if Frazier is definitely coming back they just don't have one at all since McDermott has a DC background. 

We'll see if playcalling improves or not. If not, then the heat going to go to McDermott, especially if they shit the bed in the playoffs again.

Falcons have released Marcus Mariota. They save $12 million

Washington has placed the franchise tag on Daron Payne. The tag for DTs is projected to be a hair under $19 million ($18.937 million to be exact)

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Giants are releasing Kenny Golladay on the first day of the league new year (March 15)

They will save $6.7 million which will be immediately wasted on Daniel Jones

Wonder which team will give Golladay $10 mil a year, thinking they can get him back to his old form.

14 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Wonder which team will give Golladay $10 mil a year, thinking they can get him back to his old form.

The answer is always the Colts. If you have a washed up player, we'll take him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The Broncos appear to be seriously considering bringing in Matt Patricia as their DC.  Bring on the comedy.

Not as DC. They already hired Joseph for that. But as a "senior defensive assistant" whatever that means.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Not as DC. They already hired Joseph for that. But as a "senior defensive assistant" whatever that means.

Ok. Thing I saw said DC. Whatever. 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For whatever reason - a lot of teams* are unwilling to pay the extra money to add the retractable roof (or just a roof in general)

I mean you would have thought a baseball team in Minnesota would have put a fucking roof on their new stadium but nope.

Or that a baseball stadium in Texas would have had AC

(* the Titans seem to be the exception right now since they are building their new stadium to be used year round as they specifically stated it would make sense for fucking Nashville to host music concerts when football isn't in season.)

I think you misspelled "New York State Taxpayers". I still think it's hilarious that everyone rants about how run down The Ralph is when compared to the dilapidated arena downtown it's SoFi Stadium quality and PSE/State don't give a shit. It's probably the worst arena in all of major pro sports.