DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

• RIPPA locked this topic
3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My favorite assumption here are that Rodgers is going to play for both the Jets and the Packers, apparently. 

right back to when you were kids and had an odd number of friends so one kid was assigned "Permanent QB"

• Like 2

Greg Olsen is being demoted to the Fox #2 team. He's also taking a pay cut from $10 million to $3 million.  

He'll be replaced by Tom Brady on the #1 team.  Assuming, that Tom actually stays retired.

Olsen's contract runs through the '25-'26 season. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Greg Olsen is being demoted to the Fox #2 team. He's also taking a pay cut from $10 million to $3 million.  

He'll be replaced by Tom Brady on the #1 team.  Assuming, that Tom actually stays retired.

To clarify - Olsen isn't being demoted until 2024 since that is when Tom Brady is starting. He will still make $10 million next season (unless FOX decides on a new #1 color person for one year)

Also - Brady has actually filed retirement paperwork this time which is more than he did last year. (That doesn't mean he won't still come back but at least he is further down the road this year)

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Colts have officially hired Eagles’ OC Shane Steichen to be HC

lousy spoilsports.  

Report from Philly that they're falling all over themselves to keep Joe Gannon in house as DC to prevent him from jumping to become Arizona's head coach. 

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Report from Philly that they're falling all over themselves to keep Joe Gannon in house as DC to prevent him from jumping to become Arizona's head coach. 

Well if that was true they didn't do a good job of it

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If my contract allows me to get demoted and take a $7 million pay cut after announcing the Super Bowl, my agent is getting a 100 percent pay cut.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

As long as nobody on the Cardinals schedule watched the Super Bowl, Gannon should be fine

Reminds me of watching the Eagles/Patriots Super Bowl knowing Patricia was heading to Detroit.

Not a fun time.