DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I'd do a darkness retreat if I had the time. Of all the shit Rodgers has said this is the least weird to me. But he's now at that point where everything he does is an example of his wackiness.

"Rumors are that Aaron Rodgers sometimes hangs his toilet paper under instead of over on accident, but just 'goes with it' instead of fixing it. Family concerned he probably needs psychiatric treatment."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

If you have overly playful/annoying cats, hanging it under is actually correct, since it's WAAAAAAAY easier to roll back up that way.

Or Hell, if you have wet hands for one reason or another.

Actually, what the fuck am I defending this for?  I hang it under.  It works.  Fuck all the way off.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 5

I was listening to LeBatard show talk about it and they are really correct is that Rodgers doing this is the ultimate form of white privilege in sports.  I mean could you imagine the shit storm Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson would get if he did all of this drug stuff AND his quality of play was actually decreasing during it

• Like 7

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I was listening to LeBatard show talk about it and they are really correct is that Rodgers doing this is the ultimate form of white privilege in sports.  I mean could you imagine the shit storm Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson would get if he did all of this drug stuff AND his quality of play was actually decreasing during it

Lot of truth to that. 

Surprised that Don Coryell wasn't in the Hall of Fame already. Granted he wasnt a very successful playoff coach but extremely innovative coach and could argue one of the coaches responsible for turning the NFL into a passing league 

Good seeing Chuck Howley and Joe Thomas in there. Thomas has to be top 10 in greatest players in last 20 years that was on terrible teams.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Surprised that Don Coryell wasn't in the Hall of Fame already. Granted he wasnt a very successful playoff coach but extremely innovative coach and could argue one of the coaches responsible for turning the NFL into a passing league 

Good seeing Chuck Howley and Joe Thomas in there. Thomas has to be top 10 in greatest players in last 20 years that was on terrible teams.

Every time I see Joe Thomas I do a double take. I cannot believe how small he got after retiring.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wink Martindale has been told he won't be getting the Colts HC job so he will be back with the Giants

Mika Kafka and Brian Callahan are also out per Jeremy Fowler.  

lol it's really gonna be Jeff Saturday again.  

• Haha 2

Someone has left Thailand

Former Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has apparently returned from his one-way trip to Thailand.

According to multiple reports, Kingsbury is in Houston on Friday to discuss joining DeMeco Ryans’ staff with the Texans.

Kingsbury is presumably a candidate to be the club’s offensive coordinator. He called the offensive plays as Arizona’s head coach from 2019-2022.

The Cardinals fired Kingsbury after a 4-13 finish this season. In four years, Kingsbury compiled a 28-37-1 record. The club’s best offensive finish was in 2021, when the Cardinals were No. 8 in yards and No. 11 in points. The 2020 team was No. 6 in yards and No. 13 in points.

Before Arizona hired him, Kingsbury had a very brief stop at USC as the program’s offensive coordinator. That was after Texas Tech fired him following the 2018 season, as Kingsbury had compiled a 35-40 record as the program’s head coach.

Whoever Ryans chooses as his offensive coordinator with Houston will have a significant hand in developing whoever the Texans will presumably choose to be their quarterback with one of the top picks in this year’s draft.

Houston will reportedly hire one of Kingsbury’s former assistants, Matt Burke, as defensive coordinator. Burke served as the Cardinals’ defensive line coach in 2022.

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Mika Kafka and Brian Callahan are also out per Jeremy Fowler.  

lol it's really gonna be Jeff Saturday again.  

Eh.... The Athletic reported that Saturday isn't a candidate anymore (unless Irsay goes off script again - which is always possible)

The remaining finalists are Rich Bisaccia, Aaron Glenn, Raheem Morris and Shane Steichen. And most reporting is saying Steichen is the leader in the clubhouse

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Eh.... The Athletic reported that Saturday isn't a candidate anymore (unless Irsay goes off script again - which is always possible)

The remaining finalists are Rich Bisaccia, Aaron Glenn, Raheem Morris and Shane Steichen. And most reporting is saying Steichen is the leader in the clubhouse

The hilarious side note to this is that according to the Indianapolis Star, Saturday has apparently been calling Irsay directly and appealing his case to stay on.  He did so after finding out about a Colts' fans petition to not re-hire him. 

• Haha 2

On 2/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, SirFozzie said:

You should read this. Now. If this doesn't get multiple sports reporting awards, I don't know what to tell you. It is a prime detail on what goes into making a top athlete, and most crucially, what happens when one's body says "no more". Joe may be eclipsed in the current-day GOAT talk, but this is a great article that goes deep into what makes him tick, and what keeps his aching body getting out of bed in the morning.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35604915/49ers-legend-joe-montana-reflects-legacy-ahead-super-bowl

After reading in that article about his rivalry with Brady and how Brady was regularly a dick to him, this makes me feel better:

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Haha 3