DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Reported compensation is the Niners first round pick Denver got from Miami, and then a second and third next year.

Per Schefter the official compensation is indeed this

The Saints will now have the #29 pick in the draft (putting them back in the 1st round since they are sending the 10th pick to Philly)

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

It makes me unbelievably happy to see Denver just blowing through first round picks.......because I hope that Payton and Wilson crash and burn and i get to see the AFC just kicking the shell of the Broncos franchise for the next 15-20 years

Same here. I grew up with Seattle in the AFC West and had a long standing dislike of Denver that I inherited from my dad (who always referred to John Elway as "Horse face") so to see them completely blowing up their future for at least the next couple of years is just so satisfying.

But hey at least Denver has a franchise QB who the team and the city have all rallied behind....

foghorn-leghorn-lol.gif

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Kubiak. We still love Kubes.

I don't know. Kubiak was 61-64. BOB went 52-48.

(Of course, the Lions in the last five or six decades have pretty similar coaching success.)

Yeah but BOB was so bad we’d have a good record and still not believe in the team. We were looking at a top seed and an unstoppable offense with Andre, Arian and OD before Schaub broke his lisfranc and we had to start Bengal Killer TJ Yates.

Then Schaub never recovered and became a pick six machine and Kubiak had a stroke on the field. 

Then BOB hired Easterby and became GM and traded Hopkins for shit and made other terrible awful trades and alienated an entire fan base and hell his super secret elite magical offense didn’t even work in college and we hate him and want him to fail miserably in New England again and I’m pretty sure his stupid offense only works if you have Tom fucking Brady

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Yeah but BOB was so bad we’d have a good record and still not believe in the team. We were looking at a top seed and an unstoppable offense with Andre, Arian and OD before Schaub broke his lisfranc and we had to start Bengal Killer TJ Yates.

Then Schaub never recovered and became a pick six machine and Kubiak had a stroke on the field. 

Then BOB hired Easterby and became GM and traded Hopkins for shit and made other terrible awful trades and alienated an entire fan base and hell his super secret elite magical offense didn’t even work in college and we hate him and want him to fail miserably in New England again and I’m pretty sure his stupid offense only works if you have Tom fucking Brady

Well one thing is for sure: he was fucking horrible GM.

5 hours ago, TimLivingston said:

So the word now is Vic Fangio had offers but didn’t sign due to waiting Payton out. Now it seems like he’ll go to Denver with him. Which should open Wilks up to sign with San Francisco. So really, everyone wins, except, as always, Denver. 

Somehow @RIPPAalways can find the answers to random questions, but when was the last time a head coach was fired by a team, then the fired coach went back to the same team to be a coordinator for a new coach? I can't think of any recent examples although I can't say its never happened. Its weird tho.

5 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Somehow @RIPPAalways can find the answers to random questions, but when was the last time a head coach was fired by a team, then the fired coach went back to the same team to be a coordinator for a new coach? I can't think of any recent examples although I can't say its never happened. Its weird tho.

if interim coaches count Jim Tomsula did get re-demoted to DLine position coach under Harbaugh after he finished up Singletary's season

I think he might have done it again after Harbaugh and before Chip Kelly but for reasons you all can probably well understand I try to remember as little of Chip Kelly's year as 49er HC as possible so the details often escape me.

The one thing I find amazing about Denver giving up three picks for Payton is that it seems like there's a very real possibility he was their second choice and they only went all in on getting him after Harbaugh turned them down again last week.

37 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

If Brady really does retire it will kill a lot of fantasy booking for next year. Everyone talking about him stepping in with the 49ers or Raiders will have to go to Plan B.

aaron-005.jpg

hi

• Haha 1

Even Adam Shefter thinks this "retirement" is bullshit .   And he thought he was retired a couple times already

I would also like to congratulate Tyler Huntley to make it to the Pro Bowl after scoring :checks notes:   2 TD.   I hope they don't use him in the dodgeball or cornhole competitions

Edited by hammerva