DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

21 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Who would give up TWO number ones for Sean Payton?  I don't understand.

A rich lunatic that doesn't understand how roster construction works

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I again, may just be wishful here, but it doesn't sound like he's about to pull an Andrew Luck...

It sure looks like he's headed for the afterlife. 

I'm pretty sure how this works out is they give Tua a huge extension and he announces his retirement right before the start of the season for maximum fuckery.

• Like 3

I know that Dak has his flaws as a quarterback, but he may very well be the best quarterback in the NFC going forward.  He gets a lot of shit, but I'd rather have Dak at his age than any other quarterback in the entire conference.  

• Haha 2

Hey, if the Cowboys would rather craft a dolchstosslegende around their QB letting them down and that’s why they lost, than entertain the idea that the 49ers are still 1TD their better and that’s why they won, I sure won’t stop them.

They would rue running Dak out of town in Very Short Order, I think

• Like 2

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I know that Dak has his flaws as a quarterback, but he may very well be the best quarterback in the NFC going forward.  He gets a lot of shit, but I'd rather have Dak at his age than any other quarterback in the entire conference.  

That's kind of a backhand compliment. The other guys that are better - or potentially better - are all older. Who is his competition? Jalen Hurts? Jared Goff? Brock Purdy? Being better than those guys ain't saying much. And, yet, all 3 have done something Dak hasn't (reached a conference title game). 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tabe said:

That's kind of a backhand compliment. The other guys that are better - or potentially better - are all older. Who is his competition? Jalen Hurts? Jared Goff? Brock Purdy? Being better than those guys ain't saying much. And, yet, all 3 have done something Dak hasn't (reached a conference title game). 

That, and all the real good ones are in the afc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

You are aware he had the most interceptions in The NFL this year correct? You are also aware he missed a full SIX games due to injury and STILL took the interception crown correct? Is this a bit? Is this comedy? How could you believe he's the best in the conference lol. There's a bunch better than him in The NFC. We getting some wild takes today 😂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You are aware he had the most interceptions in The NFL this year correct? You are also aware he missed a full SIX games due to injury and STILL took the interception crown correct? Is this a bit? Is this comedy? How could you believe he's the best in the conference lol. There's a bunch better than him in The NFC. We getting some wild takes today 😂

Daniel Jones has been good for about 45 minutes.  Jalen Hurts has been good for about an hour and a half. Tim Brady is literally older than me. Aaron Rodgers doesn't even know if he wants to play. Everyone else is Kirk Cousins. Dak,  for all his flaws, has a better resume than anyone in the conference without an AARP card in his wallet. Don't get me wrong,  I think Hurts should be MVP this year and Dak was pretty bad,  but Dak has been pretty consistent when both of his feet are pointing the same direction.

I also noticed that Eli is in your avatar when he had 8 different seasons where he threw more interceptions than Dak did this year. 

Good. 

I think Payton would give the Texans some legitimacy, but him quitting on NO kinda sucks, and having to give draft compensation for him sucks even more.  He can head to the Denver traveshamockery if he wants. I bet he just wants the Cowboys job. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dov Kleiman (i know, i know...) is reporting that Green Bay is looking to trade Aaron Rodgers.  They want two 1's in return.  

The Jets, Titans, Raiders, and Dolts are the ones most interested.  

Boy, for as much as Rodgers and Favre hate each other, they both seem to have the exact same career.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dov Kleiman (i know, i know...) is reporting that Green Bay is looking to trade Aaron Rodgers.  They want two 1's in return.  

The Jets, Titans, Raiders, and Dolts are the ones most interested.  

Boy, for as much as Rodgers and Favre hate each other, they both seem to have the exact same career.

They seem to be vastly different people that somehow happen to be the same exact person. I feel like they also fit in the same place in the quarterback pantheon. I think Rodgers was the better player,  but they're both the guy who put up all the numbers but didn't win as much a they should have. They're polar opposites when it comes to the turnovers. Favre was way too reckless while Rodgers was way too risk adverse. Let's hope Rodgers doesn't rob the welfare fund of California when he retires.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Good. 

I think Payton would give the Texans some legitimacy, but him quitting on NO kinda sucks, and having to give draft compensation for him sucks even more.  He can head to the Denver traveshamockery if he wants. I bet he just wants the Cowboys job. 

There were rumors that both Payton and Jim Harbaugh were really banking on Staley being fired in LA.

7 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I don't want a trial run with Kafka.  I don't care what kind of metamorphosis Daniel Jones had this year.  This has to be doing our due diligence and covering our bases. 

Jones threw 15 TDs this year in his fourth year as a starter. That's not exactly impressive.