DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Won't need this until till after the games today but I am sure I will forget so I am starting it now

To recap from the end of the Week 18 thread

- The Broncos have received permission to speak to Sean Payton (though the interview can't take play till after the first round of the playoffs)

- Sean McVay is doing his annual "I don't know if I want to coach anymore" bit

It's disappointing because they blew that Carolina game a couple weeks ago, but the fact that they entered today still alive for the playoffs after going 3-13-1 last year and starting 1-6 is insane.

And they have the sixth pick in the draft as well as their own picks (I think 17th?)

Hutchinson looks like a future superstar and is already a key contributor.

They have a coach that is fearless, his players love him, and he's improving every week at the game management parts of the job.

I wish Seattle had lost today, but I can't complain about the season at all.

And they swept that hideous green and yellow team.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's disappointing because they blew that Carolina game a couple weeks ago, but the fact that they entered today still alive for the playoffs after going 3-13-1 last year and starting 1-6 is insane.

And they have the sixth pick in the draft as well as their own picks (I think 17th?)

They have a coach that is fearless, his players love him, and he's improving every week at the game management parts of the job.

All of this. 

Bill Belichick confirmed he will return for his 24th season.

And something that apparently needs to be said... Robert Saleh is considered safe in his job as Jets HC.  However "nothing is off the table" when it comes to Woody Johnson. 

Which, I'm assuming translates to "if Jim Harbaugh says yes."

11 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Lovie Smith is getting fired.

"Really? I can't understand why" - Groucho Marx, Love Happy

Ooh, deep cuts. That's an old fart reference I can get behind.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Cardinals are reportedly parting ways with Steve Keim as their GM, though he could stay with the franchise in another capacity.

Don't know if this means anything for Kliff Kingsbury.

It means holes in the desert have to be a lot deeper to dig when it's monsoon season. 

• Like 1

I’d like to think these otherwise smart people are only talking to the Broncos to see just what kind of Monopoly money the team is willing to throw at them, but I know better.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a long list of guys convinced that they and only they can fix Russell Wilson.  It’s been a long time coming but Russ is now the hot but crazy girl you dated in high school.  Time really is a flag circle.

Lol, there is one difference,  I in no way believe Russ will put out next season.  I predict whoever gets the job has a lot of cold showers in their future.

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Like 1

Can't Woody's kids find a way to send him overseas for another four years, and far, far away from Jets operations? 

I think Saleh should be back for another year, but the quarterbacks need to GTFO. Go get someone in free agency, and figure out if Milfy Wilson is willing to work to become an NFL quarterback. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

This one's for you @Brian Fowler  

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Can't Woody's kids find a way to send him overseas for another four years, and far, far away from Jets operations? 

I think Saleh should be back for another year, but the quarterbacks need to GTFO. Go get someone in free agency, and figure out if Milfy Wilson is willing to work to become an NFL quarterback. 

My guess is Woody is going to do everything in his power to bring in #8.  Money, coaching decisions, how high the grass is cut...  

But aside from them bringing him in, I'm 99% sure Saleh is the Jets' guy next season. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Browns have fired DC Joe Woods

They built a team full of small,  fast,  athletic dudes,  and didn't invest at defensive tackle. If they had anyone who could demand a double team that defense was potentially great,  but they don't and everyone could just run down their throat. You can be small and fast at linebacker and in the secondary,  but you have to have some bulk in the middle of the line. 

• Like 1