DVDVR Message Board

2023 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Gonzo

• 2 weeks later...

A rather bold strategy of Kendrick Perkins to claim there is a "racial bias" by the people selecting the NBA MVP because Jokic has won it in the last 2 years and chances are in 2023 either Jokic repeats or Luka wins it.   Never mind the fact that 25  of the last 30 MVP are black.   So of course JJ Reddick being JJ Reddick calls him and First Take on their bullshit

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/jj-redick-kendrick-perkins-first-take-racial-bias-nba-mvp.html

What is the most frustrating thing regarding the Dov account (which hinted at in the tweet above) is how many NFL reporters will retweet him and not the original source

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Pablo Torre moving from the 4 letter to lebatard's group.

Apparently he's going to be doing a bit of both,  but he will be developing his own show for Meadowlark Media. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

What is the most frustrating thing regarding the Dov account (which hinted at in the tweet above) is how many NFL reporters will retweet him and not the original source

I get it and that's annoying, but as long as he's crediting the original source, what's the problem? Seems like they're mostly mad he's getting engagement and they aren't. Which, boo hoo, tweet better

Well...  I mean... I guess points for honesty about being a total sack of partial shit.

Just remember, when you hear a story about how the Dolphins are moving on from Tua, if it's from him, he's got ulterior motives. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well...  I mean... I guess points for honesty about being a total sack of partial shit.

Just remember, when you hear a story about how the Dolphins are moving on from Tua, if it's from him, he's got ulterior motives. 

He might have ulterior motives, but what he doesn't have is a spleen

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my nearby city's in the news again, because one of our sports radio station's producers had a mental clutch drop moment and did a casual racism against Mina Kimes. They were discussing Nips (or those tiny bottles of fireball, etcetera, and the producer threw out Mina Kimes as the Best Nip.

So, of course the corporate had to come down hard and they did by.. insisting he meant Mila Kunis. Oh, so it's a sex joke not a racis..

You know what. Fuck 'em.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tangential story from college:

my friend Derek and I walking back to our dorm from the mini grocery store in the quad. Among assorted groceries, we have a box of Cheese Nips. His girlfriend is sitting outside the building waiting for him. As we stop to talk, he hands the box to her and says "hey baby, nice nips." We all laugh. It was 1988. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Hey, my nearby city's in the news again, because one of our sports radio station's producers had a mental clutch drop moment and did a casual racism against Mina Kimes. They were discussing Nips (or those tiny bottles of fireball, etcetera, and the producer threw out Mina Kimes as the Best Nip.

So, of course the corporate had to come down hard and they did by.. insisting he meant Mila Kunis. Oh, so it's a sex joke not a racis..

You know what. Fuck 'em.

• Like 2

One of the weirder things about living in Winnipeg is going to local chain Salisbury House, where they don't call them hamburgers, they call them nips. If you're really hungry, you order yourself a Mr. Big Nip platter

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, elizium said:

One of the weirder things about living in Winnipeg is going to local chain Salisbury House, where they don't call them hamburgers, they call them nips. If you're really hungry, you order yourself a Mr. Big Nip platter

I can't think of anything that sounds less appetizing to me than,  "Mr. Big Nip Platter."  Make that Ms., and somehow I'm intrigued. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, elizium said:

I assume that if something about your order is incorrect it's a Nip Slip, yes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

NFLN is firing Willie McGinest.  He faces jail time for two felonies associated with a restaurant brawl in December.

The fact that he was still working there this long after the video came out is amazing too me. I have no idea why he beat that dude up,  but he was clearly no threat when McGinest ran up on him. Even if that dude 100% had it coming,  you get fired and probably do some time for that one.