DVDVR Message Board

2023 INDY WRESTLING THREAD

Titus Alexander and Nick Wayne went to a 30 minute draw tonight in Sacramento (I didn’t attend, if it was in ssf I would have). Now they’ve set up a rematch which will be a TLC match at the next show on March 4. The problem with that is that’s revolution weekend, with rampage also the night before. I don’t think there will be many traveling fans coming to the bay that weekend who will be hungry for wrestling. If it was any other month I’d be excited to go but I’m already skipping rampage because I’m going to too many shows in a 3 week period. Nice problem to have though. I hope the show sells out. Maybe there will be enough SoCal people coming up who will want to see wrestling on Saturday. 

eiLXFiC.jpg

Battleground Championship Wrestling returns to the infamous 2300 Arena in South Philadelphia as they present A Champion Shall Rise!

Championship Tournament Round 1
Brian Kendrick v. Rich Swann
Harry Smith v. Matt Cardona
Bully Ray v. Mystery opponent
Tony Nese v. Johnny Battleground

NWA Women’s Championship
Vita VonStarr v. Kamille Brickhouse

Ray Jaz v. Facade

Afa Jr. v. Wrecking Ball Legursky

The Nasty Boys

and more!

Doors open at 6:30PM | Bell time 7:30PM

Edited by Dolphman 3000

The JCW Jersey J Cup from last week was really good overall. Even though it was four rounds spread over an afternoon and evening show the matches in each round got ample time. Joey Janela's match with Jordan Oliver was probably one of the best matches he's had and had limited amounts of silly garbage spots. Oliver's match with Alex Shelley, Mike Bailey/Johnathan Gresham, Komander/Arez, and Lio Rush/Tony Deppen also stood out.

West coast pro show sounded like a hoot and a holler. 

Edit: also hoodslam drew a huge crowd in Oakland head to head with rampage last night. Don’t know the number, last time they did an outdoor show they drew 2k. Looking at photos it was a huge crowd last night, I’d assume less than 2k but still. 

Edited by matt925

The MCMG won the GCW tag titles today.  I am assuming they are going to be the set up for a much greater tag title match at WM weekend. But if they are regulars and not the tag version of Moxley then cool.

By the way Kasey Kirk vs Rina Yamashita last night might be the best death match in 2023 so far

• Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, Casey said:

Allison Danger is debuting for GCW in April 21st!

She’s only had one match since 2013, teaming with her nephew Colby in October of last year.

UPDATE:

It's Allison Danger versus Billie Starkz! 🤩

Watching the Daniel Makabe “The Life Of” from a couple years ago and he’s going through his VHS collection and crediting “the tastemakers and recommendations of the Death Valley Driver Video Reviews” for influencing his preferences and style 

Edited by elizium
  • Like 5

Larry Legend (ring announcer) missed the ICW NHB UK tour, and then didn't appear on their Friday or Saturday shows in Chattanooga TN. And then it was announced (during the Saturday show) that he'll be doing XPW shows going forward, and it seemed like commentary went from "Get well soon Larry Legend" to vaguely hinting about being upset with somebody.