DVDVR Message Board

2023 INDY WRESTLING THREAD

Haven't edited a show in a month: December ground me down, but you know how it goes. Finally editing again, finishing up an episode of Tuesday Night TalkDown that was originally supposed to air four weeks ago.

It features Todd Quality (w/Lance Skullz) vs. KB6, from October 15 in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. Plus Lance tries to have a war of words with a tiny crowd that more than makes up for their lack of numbers with sheer volume!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with Fite+? I have some questions that I couldn't find answered on the website.

Live GCW stuff; is it included or is it just archives and shows get added after they air? Do you still buy them separately if you want to watch them live?

I know AEW PPVs are not included, but is there any sort of discount if you're a Fite+ member?

Are they going to be adding the old Black Label Pro shows? They're not on IWTV anymore, but Fite+ only has 3 shows listed. That's actually why I looked into Fite+, I was about 5 shows behind and was trying to catch up

GCW live shows are included with the Fite+ monthly.  I could've sworn that BLP shows were already on there and more were being added.  I know that when they announced the switch from IWTV they said the whole back catalog was coming with.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:27 PM, elizium said:

Anyone with Fite+? I have some questions that I couldn't find answered on the website.

Live GCW stuff; is it included or is it just archives and shows get added after they air? Do you still buy them separately if you want to watch them live?

I know AEW PPVs are not included, but is there any sort of discount if you're a Fite+ member?

Are they going to be adding the old Black Label Pro shows? They're not on IWTV anymore, but Fite+ only has 3 shows listed. That's actually why I looked into Fite+, I was about 5 shows behind and was trying to catch up

For US users - AEW PPVs aren’t available live, at all, on FITE or the Plus program, unless you use a VPN. As of right now all that’s on there is 2021 events, and they’re $20 for a replay.

There are 8 BLP shows up right now. A few of them are joint shows with GCW, though.

I scrolled all the way to the bottom of GCW search results and it looks like the oldest are events from 2020. And you get the shows live when they air (with the replay being added a few hours after it’s over). There will be exceptions I’m sure, where some stuff is PPV only. But maybe I’m wrong. But as it is right now - archives back to 2020, and events live as they air. This past Friday, Saturday and Sunday they did a show a day and all of them were live on FITE+

I think this might be the best place to ask, if not maybe someone can point me in the right direction, but KC Navarro has recently been announced for a local here in Melbourne. I'm completely out of the loop with US indies, does anyone have any recommendations of matches or promos to see of his? 

35 minutes ago, Horangi said:

I think this might be the best place to ask, if not maybe someone can point me in the right direction, but KC Navarro has recently been announced for a local here in Melbourne. I'm completely out of the loop with US indies, does anyone have any recommendations of matches or promos to see of his? 

• Like 1

Went to another WPW show last night. They had to scramble a bit, because weather (we got hit with a huge storm yesterday), injuries, and customs issues prevented Devon Monroe, Riley Jackson, Kody Lane, and Blair Onyx from getting in. Also some dude named The System, that I have never heard of.

The show opened with local band The Haileys playing in the ring. They're young, all shoot named Hailey (I think one is Haley) and play Veruca Saltesque rock. They were pretty fun and a decent way to start the show.

Jody Threat had to do double duty and both were bangers. First against Masha Slamovich in the pre-intermission main. WPW has been rotating show to show which title main events, the men's or women's, and whichever one doesn't closes out the first half.

Match was as fun as you'd expect, they ended up fighting up the entrance stage. Jody kept taking shots from crowd member's drinks which, damn Wild Child, Covid is still a thing. Jody won to retain her title.

Later in the show, Tootie Lynn came out to complain about her opponent, Onyx, no showing and challenged Jody to a match. I've never seen Tootie before, but I'm a fan. Green, but she throws great kicks. Jody won again, I'd be very shocked if she lost the belt any time this year.

Main event was champ AJ Sanchez defending his belt against Sweet Bobby Schink (he gains powers by drinking straight from a maple syrup bottle). I'm not huge on Bobby, but the crowd absolutely loves him. They've been building to a title change for the last several shows. AJ has been retaining his title through ref bumps, low blows, and interference and shoving it into the promoter's face. He beat Bobby in the summer with shenanigans and then Bobby had to go through his henchman to get the rematch. Crowd was molten throughout the whole thing, ref gets bumped, AJ tries to cheat, promoter comes in and dramatically ripped off his shirt to reveal a ref shirt, and Bobby ends AJ's 3 year reign (if you count the 2 years they didn't run shows because of the pandemic). Bobby celebrates with the crowd and pours maple syrup in their mouths and everyone goes home happy.

Other matches:

Red Hot Summer (Sammy Peppers/Bryce Bentley) d Technical Difficulties (Moses the Deliverer/Rahim de la Suede)

Kevin O'Doyle/Chad Daniels d Marcus Muncherson/Josh "Cheeks" Holliday

"Real Deal" James Roth d Sweet Daddy Soul.

"Jacked Jesus" Tommy Lee Curtis d Mo Jabari

Sidenote: at the last show I sat beside Kevin O'Doyle's mom and she's a really nice lady. He's billed from Boston but actually went to the same high school as me.

Not my pic, but here's a shot I like of Schink celebrating with his belt and maple syrup

FM7Psnu.png

Edited by elizium
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

99% positive nobody in the Manitoba (or Alberta) wrestling scene ever believed Covid was real.

WPW has been good. They didn't run any shows in 2020 or 2021. Their first show back was April 2022 and the one last Thursday was the first since coming back that they didn't scan vax cards.

Can't speak for CWE, I've actually never been to any of their shows. They're always way off on the ass end of Winnipeg somewhere. I believe you on that one though, other than a couple month break from March-June 2020, they've been running non-stop.

PCW seems dead. They ran one show in a tiny town in 2021, but otherwise have not run any shows since before the pandemic. That was Omega's home promotion, so curious to see if he ever appears anywhere else when he does random local shows.

3D Pro Wrestling started up in 2022, ran two shows, but hasn't ran any since.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 11:46 PM, elizium said:

WPW has been good. They didn't run any shows in 2020 or 2021. Their first show back was April 2022 and the one last Thursday was the first since coming back that they didn't scan vax cards.

Can't speak for CWE, I've actually never been to any of their shows. They're always way off on the ass end of Winnipeg somewhere. I believe you on that one though, other than a couple month break from March-June 2020, they've been running non-stop.

PCW seems dead. They ran one show in a tiny town in 2021, but otherwise have not run any shows since before the pandemic. That was Omega's home promotion, so curious to see if he ever appears anywhere else when he does random local shows.

3D Pro Wrestling started up in 2022, ran two shows, but hasn't ran any since.

Isn't PRIMOS in Winnipeg, too? They seem to be busy again.

CWE owner, Danny Duggan, was super anti-vax and got in trouble out west for being in several protests while on tour. He even moved to North Dakota for a while.

Apparently yes? I've actually never heard of them, but looking them up on facebook, they had a show a week ago.

That might explain why Danny Duggan hasn't been on a WPW show since they came back, after being on each of their first 5 shows before the pandemic.

• Like 1

At first I was super pissed at myself for not realizing my wedding was booked on WrestleMania Los Angeles weekend.  Now I feel like I need to add a line to the budget that says 'Money saved by not going to Wrestlemania weekend events' because I can't even imagine how much I would have spent if my schedule was totally free and I could go to everything that's been announced for that week.