DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXVI - 1/28/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Guess HHH likes to have his Sundays off because this is on Saturday January 28th!  

THE CARD!

30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE MEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA*

30 WOMAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP AT WRESTLEMANIA*

FOR THE UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Bel Air (c) vs. Alexa Bliss

MOUNTAIN DEW PITCH BLACK MATCH - LA Knight vs. Bray Wyatt

--

I'm assuming Ronda will get a rematch and Bianca will  probably defend against whatever Alexa Bliss becomes.

* - The winner must choose what title they will challenge for.  Women can choose between NXT, Raw & Smackdown.  Men can choose between NXT, WWE & Universal.  

Figure Cody Rhodes is the favourite for the Men's if he's cleared. You do Roman Reigns/Sami Zayn at Elimination Chamber in Zayn's hometown. Zayn's been great in the Bloodline but he's not going to main event WrestleMania and the crowd will be at it's hottest rooting for the hometown boy.

Women's Royal Rumble, Becky Lynch or Rhea Ripley. I think it'll be Ripley so Bianca Belair/Ripley for the WWE RAW Women's Championship with Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship. Outside shot, Bayley. Bayley really should have won the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble match when Sasha Banks was WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion to get Banks vs. Bayley at WrestleMania XXXVII. Fucking criminal we'll never get that match headlining WrestleMania.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

* - The winner must choose what title they will challenge for.  Women can choose between NXT, Raw & Smackdown.  Men can choose between NXT, WWE & Universal.  

I didn't watch Raw, did the announce it this way on the show?

100% I get it from a behind the scenes - merge the titles sense, but just curious how they make sense of it in kayfabe. Every defense for almost a year has been a unified title match. But now all of a sudden if you win this major accomplishment, your prize is less than what you would get in a normal match over the last 7 months? Messy.

2023 Royal Rumble

https://www.wwe.com/mens-royal-rumble-match-2023

Kofi is in the men's Rumble.

The Elmination Chamber for men will most likely will be for the other title not picked by the future men's Rumble winner. But they could make that matcg for IC title or US title instead.

Then again WWE could decide the Men's Rumble winner gets title shots for both belts.

What I want -

Spoiler

Sami wins the Men's Rumble. Roman talks him into a match at Elimination Chamber instead. Rock interference leads to Sami pulling an Eddie and winning the WWE Title. Roman still Universal Champ.

Then redo the NXT ending with KO celebrating with Sami before trying to cripple him and turning heel in the process. KO can claim that Sami spent months licking Roman's boot and is an embarrassment as Champion. Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens for the WWE Title night 1. Sami doesn't appear live until that night, doing all his promos via satellite.

Roman vs The Rock night 2. Cody can wait until MITB, SummerSlam or the return of KOTR.

Alexa Bliss wins the women's rumble and goes to SDL to face Charlotte, pairing back up with Wyatt in the process.

We can get to Ripley vs Belair without the Rumble IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

What I want -

Hide contents

Sami wins the Men's Rumble. Roman talks him into a match at Elimination Chamber instead. Rock interference leads to Sami pulling an Eddie and winning the WWE Title. Roman still Universal Champ.

Then redo the NXT ending with KO celebrating with Sami before trying to cripple him and turning heel in the process. KO can claim that Sami spent months licking Roman's boot and is an embarrassment as Champion. Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens for the WWE Title night 1. Sami doesn't appear live until that night, doing all his promos via satellite.

Roman vs The Rock night 2. Cody can wait until MITB, SummerSlam or the return of KOTR.

Alexa Bliss wins the women's rumble and goes to SDL to face Charlotte, pairing back up with Wyatt in the process.

Belair wants Charlotte at Mania and has stated it in multiple media interviews recently. So it’s pretty clear who’s fighting Charlotte at Mania.

I don’t see them holding off on Cody either. They need to strike when he’s mega over, and he’ll be that way the moment he returns. Plus the match you want for Night 1 wouldn’t draw casual fans at all. Cody has more name value for that.

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

What I want -

Hide contents

Spoiler

Fiend with Alexa Bliss is my least favourite iteration of Bliss by far. Fiend physically attacking Alexa - I hate males attacking females in anything. So uncomfortable by it.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Matt D said:

If the Rumble ends with Sami inadvertently winning and staring down at his hands and shouting "WHAT HAVE I DONE!" with tears in his eyes then I will start watching WWE again.

Got to admit that it's a bit of a relief not to have to start watching WWE again.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, The Natural said:

Hell of a moment.

Most of the modern era Royal Rumble matches are more about moments and most of them are so telegraphed in the past 10-15 years but that Rumble was probably one of my favorites of this era. It's one of the of this era I see myself going back and watching. Brock was so entertaining and sort of surreal seeing him out there so long and working his butt off and at the same time having fun too 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 5:52 PM, Lawful Metal said:

So who’s the favorite to win each Rumble? I have no idea. God I hope it’s not Cody. How boring would that be?

I hope Rhea wins the other one. It’ll probably be Ronda, huh?