DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23 - WEEK 18

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Joe Flacco will start for the Jets this week as Mike White is still hurt and Zach Wilson still sucks

That'll be brutal since Flacco has all the mobility of Boris Karloff's Mummy.

a short list of NFL stadiums and their possible availability for January 29th

1. State Farm Stadium: the Chiefs kicker got hurt on the Cardinals turf to start the season
  2. Mercedes-Benz Stadium: probably on the list because every flight goes through Atlanta
  3. Bank of America Stadium: probably not but the weather might not suck in Charlotte
  4. Soldier Field: Ancient dinosaur that the Bears want to leave
  5. FirstEnergy Stadium: would be a more hilarious site for the Bengals than Pittsburgh?
  6. Mile High 2: "Please play a neutral site game at an absurd elevation"
  7. Ford Field: doing offseason construction would that time
  8. Lambeau Field: LOL
  9. NRG Stadium: Monster Jam is probably booked that weekend
  10. Lucas Oil Stadium: Monster Jam is booked there over the bye week
  11. Allegiant Stadium: eh
  12. US Bank Stadium: will probably be available once the Vikings lose in the playoffs
  13. The Superdome: probably not on the short list for the NFL
  14. Acrisure Stadium: Would be an absurd site advantage for the Bills
  15. Nissan Stadium: Titans want to replace it, but it's apparently a candidate
  16. FedEx Field: No. Mahomes would drop into a sinkhole there.

Not including the stadiums of (almost all) the playoff contenders on that list.

My feeling is, if you’re going to play at a neutral site, it should be somewhere that mimics the weather conditions of the teams’ home stadiums in January.  Does anyone want to see a January Bills- Chiefs game played in a dome?  Or in a warm weather climate?

Send them to Green Bay or some such.

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

My feeling is, if you’re going to play at a neutral site, it should be somewhere that mimics the weather conditions of the teams’ home stadiums in January.  Does anyone want to see a January Bills- Chiefs game played in a dome?  Or in a warm weather climate?

Winnipeg.

Keep the extra 10 yards on the field and everything. They'll probably still each score 40.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Need to put some money in my fanduel so I can bet Under on the MIA/NYJ game, that game is gonna suck.

Oh boy, the Dolphins have announced Skyler Thompson will start this weekend.   Tua has been ruled out.  Bridgewater is "Questionable" (his finger was dislocated, he's not questionable, he's out).  

Reminder, since this week has been so different, there are two games today

KC @ Vegas - 4:30 PM (EST)

Tennessee @ Jacksonville - 8:15 PM (EST)

Both games are on ABC/ESPN

Saints and Michael Thomas have agreed to a restructured deal

Basically - Thomas will be released with a post-June 1 designation and the Saints will be able to save money (it spreads the dead cap hit over two seasons)

Thomas, besides ensuring he will be a FA this offseason, got what amounts to a $900K bonus this week for agreeing to it

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I’ll make a note to try and avoid having Chiefs plays spoiled for me by Twitter because my TV is located in a land that is several seconds behind normal TV feeds

And there’s a difference between the standard def and high def channels here too

Same Here Standard def is 7 seconds ahead. 

The people complaining about the tweezer picked details that don’t add up need to either play or watch or coach the game with the big boys or go home with the baby boys. Just like on the sandlot. It wasn’t going to be perfect because perfect is impossible in this case. Perfect would be that nobody got hurt to start with. Meanwhile the one who got hurt woke up he asked who won the f’n game. I’m still not over that. 

what in the Cinnamon Toast FUCK was that play.

"A Bully Circle/Ring Around the Rosie Huddle with a Wildcat QB pitching to the REAL QB who throws a pass."

Got called back due to a penalty, but someone's having fun, and it ain't the raiders

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

The Saints have given the Broncos permission to talk to Sean Payton

If it gets to the point the Broncos (or any team) hire Payton - they will have to work out compensation with the Saints

23 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I absolutely do. Give me a track meet. Stick them in a Minnesota, New Orleans, wherever. Gimme 55-50.

• Like 2

The idea that a playoff berth is dependent on the play of Joshua Dobbs in 2023 is something.   Derrick Henry should get the ball a minimum of 30 times today

Jesus these are some incredibly dumb plays by both teams.  

Edited by hammerva