DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2023

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Superman (1978) back in cinemas last Sunday as it turned 45 this year. All these years later Christopher Reeve is still the definitive Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman, he's on the Mount Rushmore of comic book castings. Seeing Clark Kent, you'd never think he was the Man of Steel. Margot Kidder is still my Lois Lane. So sad what happened to both. The opening titles set to John Williams' main theme remains one of the greatest opening credits ever. Out of the big three superheroes, Batman has always been my #1 then Spider-Man and Superman last.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And speaking of The Man of Tomorrow...

Lot of pressure on Superman: Legacy (2025) kicking of the new DCU by the co-runner James Gunn who wrote this script and will direct as well. I'd say Superman is the hardest comic book hero to cast needing someone tall who can put muscle on, look the part but more importantly act. Like I said in my Superman (1978) review, 45 years on Christopher Reeve is still the best Clark Kent/Superman. Looking at both you'd never think Clark was Superman and vice versa. Big gap between Reeve and the rest. After Reeve, I'd say Brandon Routh/Tyler Hoechlin. I used to think when I was younger Supes and Captain America were boring for their nobility representing the USA. I was wrong.

Well, nevermind.  Here it is...

THE FLASH

Starring Ezra Miller, Sashe Calle, Michael Keaton, and Michael Shannon

Directed by Andy Muschietti (Mama, It Chapter 1 & 2)

In theaters June 16

• Like 2

On 4/25/2023 at 8:03 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

THE FLASH

In theaters June 16

I'm going to this solely for Michael Keaton returning as Bruce Wayne/Batman for the first time in 31 years. Watching Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992) alongside Batman (1966) TV show and Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995) growing up are the reasons for my Batman fandom. This is probably the last time we'll see him and Ben Affleck in the part. Sashe Calle looks good as Kara Zor-El/Supergirl. Never liked Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash long before Miller's troubles.

Edited by The Natural

On 4/25/2023 at 8:03 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

THE FLASH

In theaters June 16

6/16. DC x Marvel Forbidden Door 2023!

Sorry for the triple threat:

"I always thought that Poison Ivy was really fun. So maybe something like that would be cool. Honestly, if James asked me to play an alien that sits in the background of a shot and doesn’t talk, I would say yes [laughs]. Because working with him has been one of the great joys of my career so far."

Karen Gillan

Yes, please. I want Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy as baddies again either under Matt Reeves or in the new DCU.

Edited by The Natural

• 3 weeks later...

The more I watch the Blue Beetle trailer, the more I am like "Yeah, they totally stole the idea for that suit from The Guyver."

I will buy tickets anyway because Beetle Ship and because Xolo and George Lopez are fucking awesome.

Edited by J.T.

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The more I watch the Blue Beetle trailer, the more I am like "Yeah, they totally stole the idea for that suit from The Guyver."

I will buy tickets anyway because Beetle Ship and because Xolo and George Lopez are fucking awesome.

THANK YOU! When I saw that trailer I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was reminding me of, but it was definitely of something from when I was a kid or teenager. You rule.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I support this.

Agreed. The Menu showed he was quite good at playing a smug prick (seriously if anyone hasn't seen The Menu, watch it!)

• Like 2