DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2023

Just for the record, I don't think there's gonna be a need for a Shazam 2 thread, since it's probably going to bomb pretty hard.  

When the Flash comes out this summer, we'll see.  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just for the record, I don't think there's gonna be a need for a Shazam 2 thread, since it's probably going to bomb pretty hard.  

What? Even with the All-Atlantic title being renamed?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, tbarrie said:

What? Even with the All-Atlantic title being renamed?

During TK's incoherent mess of an announcement, there was a moment when I thought, "Oh, god. Are they going to re-name it the Shazam Title?!?!?"

17 minutes ago, Log said:

During TK's incoherent mess of an announcement, there was a moment when I thought, "Oh, god. Are they going to re-name it the Shazam Title?!?!?"

I was expecting the "Fury of the Gods Title", which would actually have been kind of badass.

• Like 1

Some stuff and people from the DCEU will be carried on to the DCU, while other stuff and people replaced. It's getting more obvious what is what as the months pass.

In the comics, they're undoing parts of Geoff Johns approach to the Shazam franchise. If they ever try Shazam again for movies, it will be what they're doing now, The Captain.

14 minutes ago, Red King said:

In the comics, they're undoing parts of Geoff Johns approach to the Shazam franchise. If they ever try Shazam again for movies, it will be what they're doing now, The Captain.

It’s DC. In five years he’ll be Captain BloodDeath.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

With Shazam tanking it makes me wonder if they won't just shelve Aquaman 2 and get a tax credit for it like they did with Batgirl. 

There's an off chance Momoa presence alone will carry any other issues with the movie.  Although that didn't exactly help Black Adam.

I went and saw Shazam 2. 

Out of all the superhero movies, there were plenty that didn't have anything new to bring to the table, a couple I was outright bored by, and then there was Batman vs Superman which was so bad it was almost good.

Shazam 2 is sitting comfortably in the realm of the latter two options. 3/10. Just a total mess of a screenplay.