DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-25-13

MGFanJay

If y'all love drinking beer and whooping @#$ then give me an AMEN!

"There's no such thing as a hero anymore" "What?" "I said there's no such thing as a hero any more" "What?" "All the heroes are gone, for good"

Of course, their choir group is horribly off key.

Bryan was kidnapped by the Wyatts and 10 minutes later his fiancé is trying to get a football signed by Michael Strahan.

If she doesn't care why should I. That in a nutshell is everything that's wrong with WWE: there is no emotion and nothing is treated seriously.

More on the "if she doesn't care, why should I?" front: 

I guess after Eva Marie got eliminated at the PPV, she was celebrating on her way out.  And Meltzer is saying that it wasn't just Eva Marie being dumb; that's actually what WWE wants them to do.  They want them to play their character as they leave the ring rather than acting disappointed that they lost. 

the downside of Stone Cold as a Messianic cult leader is that there's no way he wouldn't be cheered in any role these days

Austin: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.

WWE fans: What?

Austin: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!

WWE fans: What?

Austin: You're all different!

WWE fans: WE ARE AWESOME! *clap clap clapclapclap*

CM Punk fan: I am...

WWE fans: Ssh!

"ERICK ROWAN, GOT DAMN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO WORK OUT YOUR BRAIN, HAVE YOU NOT BEEN KEEPING UP ON YOUR LUMOSITY? IT'S BASED ON THE SCIENCE OF NEUROPLASTICITY"

"WHAT"

"I SAID IT, NEUROPLASTICITY,  LUMOSITY GIVES YOU CUSTOMIZED ONLINE WORKOUTS, IT'S LIKE GAMES, IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES A DAY, YOU'LL BE MORE FOCUSED IN THE RING.. HMM I LOVE IT.. I'M THINKING LIKE A DAMN SCIENTIST, TELL THEM YOU HEARD IT FROM ME, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN THE LEADER OF THE WYATTS"

• Like 4

Bryan was kidnapped by the Wyatts and 10 minutes later his fiancé is trying to get a football signed by Michael Strahan.

If she doesn't care why should I. That in a nutshell is everything that's wrong with WWE: there is no emotion and nothing is treated seriously.

More on the "if she doesn't care, why should I?" front: 

I guess after Eva Marie got eliminated at the PPV, she was celebrating on her way out.  And Meltzer is saying that it wasn't just Eva Marie being dumb; that's actually what WWE wants them to do.  They want them to play their character as they leave the ring rather than acting disappointed that they lost. 

We need you to be a smarter, sexier Bushwhacker Luke, if that's even possible.

• Like 5

"FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS"

"WHAT?"

"I SAID, FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS......TO ONNIT DOT COM SLASH STEVE TO GET YOUR DISCOUNT, YOU MIGHT BE THINKING HELL SON, I'M A MESSIANIAC CULT LEADER ADONIS, I DON'T NEED NO T-PLUS, I'M ALREADY AS SATANIC AS IT IS....."

Ill be so heartbroken if this never happens...

"FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS"

"WHAT?"

"I SAID, FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS......TO ONNIT DOT COM SLASH STEVE TO GET YOUR DISCOUNT, YOU MIGHT BE THINKING HELL SON, I'M A MESSIANIAC CULT LEADER ADONIS, I DON'T NEED NO T-PLUS, I'M ALREADY AS SATANIC AS IT IS....."

You would have had ALL the likes if you mentioned a flag pole being at full salute.

• Like 1

So...is that true, about the head writer leaving after after Summerslam? Isn't that the second or third head writer to leave or be fired this year?

You try working for Vince McMahon without going insane. Honestly, I'm surprised the writers just quit and haven't been throwing themselves off the top of Titan Tower.

Raw got a day-after-PPV bounce last night, averaging 4.13 million viewers. up nine percent from last week.

It's a strong number for this day and age against another good NFL ratings, with the game doing 13.16 million viewers.

The negative was that they started strong, which is the PPV curiosity, but lost a lot of audience in the third hour, which is becoming the pattern.

The three hours saw:

8 p.m. 4.32 million

9 p.m. 4.29 million

10 p.m. 3.80 million

The rating should fall between a 2.9 and 3.1

"FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS"

"WHAT?"

You would have had ALL the likes if you mentioned a flag pole being at full salute.

Would you settle for a valet being found for the group off Cougarlife.com?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-11-25/brie-bella-tout-reaction-to-daniel-bryan-taken-by-wyatts-26167051

See, Brie just didn't know at the time that her fiance was kidnapped, and possibly sodomized by a redneck cult.

I have a feeling while they attempt to find Bryan, Punk will comfort Brie during this difficult time. Heck now I think Punk is the "Devil that made him do it", and set this all up to nail Brie.

• Like 1

The main event was really least interesting part of the show. Despite the big names, I couldn't have been the only one to think "you know, I really have no desire to see that match" when it was being announced. It was interesting for the 5 minutes or so Show was selling the head injury, but nothing significant came out of it.

Loved Cena's opening promo for all the wrong reasons. "These people are chanting for Daniel Bryan because they want to see John Cena vs. Randy Orton." Sure. That said, I do think the TLC match will be good until the fuck finish. God I really hope the crowd shits all over it if the do the (likely) thing where each guy gets one belt. Hearing the announcers act shocked when literally everybody called it as soon as the stip was announced will be terrible. I'd kill for a ppv with a "non-controversial" ending these days.

Everything with Punk/Bryan, The Shield, and The Wyatts was really good. Reigns' spear to a wounded Punk out of nowhere was Kanyon Cutter levels of awesome. Good to see the Shield get a strong win in a return-to-form great 6-man too. I hope Bray gets some more ring time soon, because he was really working the gimmick in that tag match. It'll be interesting to see what the ppv payoff is for the angle on this show. A Shield/Wyatts vs. Punk/Bryan/Usos/Rhodes elimination table match would be really fun, but the rest of the card would be hurting for decent matches.

Why can't the announcing team just acknowledge pop culture references and leave them at face value.  Cole had to make up some story about Xavier Woods striving to better himself everyday when in reference to the "Over 9,000" logo on Xavier's gear.  Victator knows it. Fowler knows it. Quite a few of us know it is a reference to Dragonball .  Just struck me as odd.

The Divas vs Non Divas feuds annoy me.   Just let me see Tamina Snuka (or better yet a returning Awesome Kong) just crumple up Eva Marie and JoJo.  Those last two are just waste of space.

A Xavier Woods/Brodus Clay feud over the Funkadactyls could be interesting.  Hopefully, they might go that direction.  Let Xavier go with an Ike Turner gimmick

• Like 1

Since this was talked about a lot in this thread. From today's WON update

--In the weekly HHH interview with Michael Cole, he clarifies that the 12/15 Randy Orton vs. John Cena main event is a title unification match and the company's goal is to have only one champion.  He said there is no more need to have two champions.

Why can't the announcing team just acknowledge pop culture references and leave them at face value.  Cole had to make up some story about Xavier Woods striving to better himself everyday when in reference to the "Over 9,000" logo on Xavier's gear.  Victator knows it. Fowler knows it. Quite a few of us know it is a reference to Dragonball .  Just struck me as odd.

I didn't know it.