DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

Marvel is suing Reddit to find out the IP addresses of whoever leaked the Quantumania closed captioning track before the movie released.  The Marvel spoilers subreddit has gone private and everyone involved is freaking their geek out right now.

• Haha 3

On 3/14/2023 at 3:24 PM, Zimbra said:

Marvel is suing Reddit to find out the IP addresses of whoever leaked the Quantumania closed captioning track before the movie released.  The Marvel spoilers subreddit has gone private and everyone involved is freaking their geek out right now.

You make it sound like it’s a bad thing….

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Almost the same exact thing happened to one of the newer trilogy Star Wars movies, and Disney didn’t lift a finger to do anything about it.

Marvel is their golden goose, and they’re more protective of it now more than ever post-pandemic. They’ve famously had the Marvel “snipers” on Twitter and Reddit to DMCA stuff, but this is on another level. I remember reading a full movie summary of Infinity War with screengrabs, and then the same thing for Endgame + clips of key scenes (!) and all that happened was the post was DMCA’d and taken down.

It's looking like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023) will have a runtime that, simply put, is out of this world. 

While nothing is confirmed at this stage, the Atom Tickets website reveals that the Marvel Studios threequel will clock in at a whopping 2 hours and 29 minutes. That's 12 minutes longer than Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and ties it with Avengers: Infinity War (2018) as one of the MCU's longest movies to date. 

In fact, it's only surpassed by Avengers: Endgame (2019), Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022), and Eternals (2021).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

One of the benefits of having a villain with infinite variants is how easy he is to recast.

It’s amazing in 60 years, none of the actors playing the Doctor were replaced due to personal scandal. 

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

Well that was a rather fast rise and fall.

Can't think of a faster one. Cast as the next Marvel Studios MCU Big Bad as Kang (I was really wanting Doctor Doom) to Creed III and where we find ourselves now.

Edited by The Natural

I didn’t say I believed the recant.  I’m not a jump to conclusions sort, but I figure the odds Majors is completely innocent here are low.  Take with as much salt as you need.  Per the article I read yesterday, the victim had visible marks on her neck, so I’m guessing the police didn’t think she was just having an emotional episode

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, Craig H said:

Well now they're trying to get the video from the taxi to show that nothing happened in the taxi, which was where the assault happened. So who even knows at this point. 

To add to the confusion, there’s a rumor that Majors had to call police earlier in the day on the girlfriend.  Also, the people who spoke out calling him an abuser and other names have since deleted the relevant tweets.  So, yeah, it’s kinda murky.

i didn’t know the  incident took place in a taxi.  Doesn’t that imply there was a witness (the cab driver) in addition to security cam footage?

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

19 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

To add to the confusion, there’s a rumor that Majors had to call police earlier in the day on the girlfriend.  Also, the people who spoke out calling him an abuser and other names have since deleted the relevant tweets.  So, yeah, it’s kinda murky.

i didn’t know the  incident took place in a taxi.  Doesn’t that imply there was a witness (the cab driver) in addition to security cam footage?

Yes to both. My guess is that Majors and his attorney think they have a strong enough case to prevent him from being outright fired by Marvel. I mean, shit, they fired Gunn within a couple days of some alt-right troll exposing old ass tweets that were jokes Gunn was making. 

My guess is that Marvel and Majors part ways if Majors attorney doesn't pursue any sort of testimony from the cab driver or isn't able to produce a video that would be shown in private. Majors' attorney has talked a big-ish game so far in terms of his client's innocence, but if he doesn't produce anything, then it's just obvious bullshit and I wonder if we're not at that point anyway. Then again, I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea how fast something like this should move, but in my mind getting some kind of statement or the video from the cab shouldn't take this much time. Plus, I hate to blame things on dudes and steroids, but dudes are historically pretty shitty towards women and he looks like he's on a ton of gas, soooooooooo, yeah.

In one of those... "oh, this might have some effect on the product down the line" news...

Disney has fired Ike Perlmutter, chairman of Marvel Entertainment, in part of the cost cutting layoffs.

Never forget though....

• Like 1

Wasn't Ike Perlmutter the one who had some really shit ideas for what the TV product should be? Also, while the switch from Howard to Cheadle may have been racist as fuck, it was at least a good move considering that Cheadle is a better actor who wouldn't create the massive headaches Howard did. 

But then again, maybe they would have straight up killed Rhodey off in Civil War if Howard were still in the role.

• Like 1