DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Will say I'm feeling MCU burnout as to me it feels quantity is getting prioritised over quality. Might be alone with that POV. Too much of a good thing as the saying goes. Still need to see Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Highly doubt I'll be seeing any of the three MCU films at the cinema this year. I'll wait for Disney+ instead. I will see The Flash just for Michael Keaton's return as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse in the cinema.

you're definitely not the only one. i feel like there's a lot of Marvel Fatigue happening, so i kind of hope they slow down a bit with all of their stuff. It really feels like you finish one movie/series, and immediately think "ok what's next?". nothing gets a chance to breathe.

i'm excited for the idea of the Ant-Man movie, but i feel like i just finished She-Hulk and i need more of a break. That being said, i'll probably go see it this weekend. i stopped buying all the blu-rays after Endgame, with my intention being to pull back from the MCU. that hasn't happened yet, and with GotG3 coming up next, that definitely won't be where i start. the Marvels is probably the project i'm least excited about, despite liking both Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel. we'll see, but my completionist attitude makes it hard to quit watching (see: why i continued to watch WWE Raw into 2007 despite not loving it since 2002).

My suggestion is to be more picky on what you watch. you don't have to follow everything (LOL i should take my own advice)

• Thanks 1

Def pick and choose time. I don't buy/read every Marvel or DC comic, so why should I, with this glut, feel obliged to consume every project? It's not the 1980s when we were suffer through Howard the Duck or the Hasselhoff Nick Fury to "support comic book movies." 

Is it considered a spoiler to say whether or not there are mid and or post credit scenes? Just so people don't feel like they're wasting time waiting...

Spoiler

There are BOTH in Quantumania.

No actual spoilers in said spoiler above.

Edited by christopher.annino

I haven't really felt a heavy burnout, but I also haven't been watching all the movies as soon as they release due to my father's health issues the past year or two throwing us off a bit.

Honestly, I'm kind of just happy with what we get. For most part it feels like they have been releasing about where they should. 

i saw a twitter post the other day that said "no Marvel movie in the last year has reached $1 Billion in ticket sales" and implied the MCU was doomed because of it.

just had to LOL and roll my eyes. the trolls are really reaching now.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 7:48 PM, Casey said:

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Steven Yeun has joined the cast of the Thunderbolts.

The rumor is that he's playing...

Hide contents

Sentry / The Void

Ah, so that's why he was recently on the thumbnail for one of Comics Explained recent videos.

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I believe there are a bunch of C and D list villains appearing in cameos. 

Aw, I was hoping he was getting the Prowler treatment and was being turned into a badass and a big part of the film.

On the other hand, if they're using a lot of obscure villains my hopes of seeing Slyde on the big screen remain alive!