DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/2 - 1/8/2023

The Natural

I'm LATE!  Had to watch the AEW live!  It's Santos Estobar!  He is taking on Kofi Kingston!  This is good.  Santos kicks out of the SOS.  NICE Kick To The Face that Kofi leaned into like a CHAMP.  Escobar goes over!  So Vince isn't running things yet!  AWESOME! Scarlett is wrestling!  She's awesome in the ring.  She and Emma lay it in!  GREAT fucking SUPLEX BY SCARLETT!  SCARLETT! SCARLETT! SCARLETT!  Madcap and Karrion Kross look pretty good in this but it is all about Scarlett.  NOT ENOUGH SCARLETT!  Sonya Deville and Charlotte Flair wrestle!  Deville is fucking LAYING IT IN!  Nice Yakuza Kick by Charlotte!  Deville looks fucking GREAT in this.  She is also making Charlotte look fucking great in this.  Flair with the Figure Eight!  That was good.  Needed more time.  Ricochet takes on Top Dollah!  Evil Top Dollah is fun.  BEAUTIFUL Shooting Star Press by Ricochet.  GREAT actual HEEL TURN!  YAY!! Brawn Strowman makes the save!  The matches will be more fun than good, which is fine.  The Usos- Jimmy and Jey- take on Sheamus and Drew McIntyre!  Well, THIS should be good.  GREAT Belly to Belly Suplex by McIntyre.  Jey leans into McIntyre's punches and Lariat!  This match is great because it is basically who can throw better punches- McIntyre or Jey. Eh, Jey wins that by a quarter Murdoch.  This match is great!  DOUBLE TOPTROPE AIR RAID CRASHES!  FOR TWO!  McINTYRE WITH THE MOTHERFUCKING TOPE CON HILO!  CLAYMORE, but Jimmy makes the save!  This match is fucking great!  DUDLEY DEATH DROP!  But Sheamus makes the save!  Yeah, this match is a hoot!  Sheamus comes off the top to the floor!  Jimmy/Jey rolls up Sheamus and Jimmy/Jey helps get the pin!  That was great.  I await Vince to completely fuck all this up soon. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Red King said:

Good news 

Vince McMahon is back.  Now watch him change his mind on selling WWE and just does the tv rights renewals. They're all in on it, Triple H and Steph too. They did manipulate the stock to get higher up than it was.

For now Triple H and his team are in control. For now...

God you’re as bad as the guy they banned for saying silly things about the NFL.

If they truly manipulated the stock they’d have sold when it hit its high point. Or do you really think this gimmick of yours is amusing? 

Vince didn’t manipulate the market so much as correctly predict how it would behave and use that to his advantage.  It seems likely he leaked the info the WSJ printed on Thursday, “knowing” that it would send the stock price higher and mute any criticism about his return.  Going public about his plan to return also puts the board in an awkward solution, since it gives Vince leeway to point at the stock price and ask why the board isn’t doing what’s best for business.

I know internet fans tend to assume Vince is a buffoon who isn’t as smart as they are, but Vince really is a smart, shrewd businessman who surrounds himself with smarter people (I think it’s fair to say he doesn’t always listen to advice from those smarter people).  I’m mostly impressed by how he engineered his unlikely return.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As a certain podcaster said yesterday, what do people think Vince was doing since he left, sitting by the pool or playing pickle ball? He was plotting his strategy for months. 

I’m tying to imagine Vince playing the doting grandfather and babysitting Steph and Shane’s kids and I absolutely cannot do it.