DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

If this thread is accurate there is potentially a trove of unseen All Japan footage out there, presuming it hasn't been tossed or mouldered away in someone's basement.

I can only assume @Matt D is already putting together a crew to take down the AJPW vault.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ace said:

People missing from the units page:
Bad Luck Fale (Bullet Club)
David Finlay (NJ Army)
Gedo (Bullet Club)
Hiroyoshi Tenzan (NJ Army)
Rocky Romero (CHAOS)

They're there, just written below the photos (I.e., Rocky, Lio Rush and Eagles for Chaos)

AJPW, I will update slowly

Spoiler

Onita won the All Asia tags back for AJPW. 

Suwama got pinned by Nagata.

Yuma's brother retained the junior title. Doi beat him down and is next.

Kento retained. 

They announced several matches. More NJPW guys (like Master Wato) are coming.

On 18.03. it's  AJPW vs. GLEAT.

Edited by Red King

Kento, the Aoyagi bros, Rising Hayato, Yuma Anzai, Ryo Inoue, and big ol’ Shuji Ishikawa apparently formed “All Japan New Era.”

It would be nice to see Kenta tag with Shuji, etc. Mix things up a bit.

N Nomura left out, since he ain’t AJPW.

Hokuto Omori I guess left out to be with Doi? And the two-person Evolution remains.

Have to wait for awhile for what they meant about Nextream and those members of AJPW army coming together. Kento and Hayato were the only two Nextream members left. 

Yoshitatsu, Fuchi, T.Omori, Black Menso-re belong to the home army.  While Hokuto Omori is too but he is allied with Suzuki and Doi.

7 hours ago, lostinube said:

Nagata is Kento's next challenger. The hook is that Nagata needs the Triple Crown to hold a "Grand Slam" of the top singles and tag titles in NJPW, NOAH and AJPW which I think only Muto, Kojima and Takayama have done.

You forgot the first in Kensuke.

Every time I see Ren Narita I think about that breakout match he had with Ishii. Which in turn gets me thinking about how when I started watching New Japan the stocky gatekeeper dads for the up and comers were Tatsutoshi Goto and Hiro Saito. Ishii is too big of an upgrade to comprehend.

Also, getting 3300 to show up for a YOH main event after running the same building the night before is a miracle. The big NJPW / NOAH show only got 5500!

8 hours ago, Salads said:

Every time I see Ren Narita I think about that breakout match he had with Ishii. Which in turn gets me thinking about how when I started watching New Japan the stocky gatekeeper dads for the up and comers were Tatsutoshi Goto and Hiro Saito. Ishii is too big of an upgrade to comprehend.

Also, getting 3300 to show up for a YOH main event after running the same building the night before is a miracle. The big NJPW / NOAH show only got 5500!

It was thinking about that the other week, I miss Mr. Backdrop! 

Hiromu vs YOH was good, crowd was even hot for YOH and sounded like they were more behind him than Hiromu which shocked me. The Sapporo double-header had some great wrestling with Ospreay/Taichi being the pick of the bunch. Catch-22/Just 2 Guys & Hiromu/YOH round up the really good stuff, while Bishamon/TMDK was fun. Umino/Naito on the other hand...just long and disappointing.