DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 AEW Discussion Thread

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Shartnado said:

How much does Honor Club or Watch ROH app/ usage cost per month (or year)? I couldn't find that pivotal info on the website. I may need to get it due to the tragic events of yesterday.

It's 9.99 a month, I don't know if there is an annual option.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, porksweats said:

It's 9.99 a month, I don't know if there is an annual option.

Thanks! Further question. So, it's just that website, not an App I can download on my Smart tv, like FITE.tv? I would like to watch the material from my TV, if possible. The price is not bad at all.

8 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Thanks! Further question. So, it's just that website, not an App I can download on my Smart tv, like FITE.tv? I would like to watch the material from my TV, if possible. The price is not bad at all.

That I haven't got a clue on, I mainly watch everything on my Desktop.

10 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Ok, I guess I could just access the site from the Smart tv internet browser, but that seems like a bunch of unnecessary work.

If your TV supports it you can also do screen mirroring/AirPlay from a computer or phone/tablet to your TV.  I have an old ipad that's pretty much just for streaming wrestling from google drive to my roku.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Ok, I guess I could just access the site from the Smart tv internet browser, but that seems like a bunch of unnecessary work.

If your smart TV browser is anything like mine they can be highly unwieldy and not worth the hassle.  I tried IWTV many times on there and it was frustrating navigating around.  But I would say your best bet would be the ROH app on your phone and there should be an option to cast to the screen.  As long as it finds the TV it should ideally work.  I've been using that method and so far it works pretty well.  Now if this takes off once the show starts then I'm hoping they have one for smart TVs assuming it's not hot garbage.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If your smart TV browser is anything like mine they can be highly unwieldy and not worth the hassle.  I tried IWTV many times on there and it was frustrating navigating around.  But I would say your best bet would be the ROH app on your phone and there should be an option to cast to the screen.  As long as it finds the TV it should ideally work.  I've been using that method and so far it works pretty well.  Now if this takes off once the show starts then I'm hoping they have one for smart TVs assuming it's not hot garbage.

Yeah, it's not my first choice, either, the TV Browser. The problem was that I couldn't find an App that I could download on my phone or tablet from in either Play or Galaxy Store. Getting that would be the first option!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I hope it's not region-locked but a search for Ring of Honor on Play Store brought it up for me.

It might be, unfortunately.

Yup, comes up empty! Well, let's try this:

Hey, Tony! Europe wants to watch ROH, too! Can you fix this?

Edited by Shartnado
let's see if this will work?
  • Sad 1

Continuing the conversation from the Dynamite thread, but I've been obsessing over the idea of Bandido/Takeshita singles and a tag team for days now as "The Aces" or something. And I have the answer as to who could be their third... Wardlow. Or is he too invincible and their team would be too strong? If they're a new version of the shield he'd be the Roman, but it wouldn't have to be an every week alliance, just have each other's backs type of deal. 

BTW vs Elite, Dark Order, Ingobernables, Death Triangle~!, Undisputed, Best friends. 

Like I said, I've been thinking about it too much.

• Like 1

Fancied a go at the top ten AEW Women's matches ever:

10. Thunder Rosa vs. Serena Deeb. AEW Double or Nothing, 30th May 2022.

9. Ruby Soho/Willow Nightingale vs. Tay Melo/Anna Jay. AEW Rampage, 13th January 2023.

8. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa. AEW St Patrick's Day Dynamite, 16th March 2022.

7. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander. AEW All Out, 5th September 2021.

6. Serena Deeb vs. Riho. AEW The Buy In: Double or Nothing, 30th May 2021.

5. Athena vs. Marina Shafir. AEW Dark, 10th January 2023.

4. Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. The Bunny/Penelope Ford. AEW Rampage, 31st December 2021.

3. Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida. AEW Rampage Holiday Blast, 21st December 2022.

2. Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter. AEW Full Gear, 19th November 2022.

1. Thunder Rosa vs. Dr. Britt Baker. AEW St. Patrick's Day Slam Dynamite, 17th March 2021. *****.

Honourable mention to Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose at AEW Double or Nothing, 23rd May 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

It appears that Punk is training in-ring now - AJ Mendez commented on Facebook that she left for a day and came back and now a ring is set up in their garage.

Just in time to get that WrestleMania payday obviously!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

agree with your #1.

your #4 is my #2.

your #2 is my #3.

(edit): now i remember loving your #6 match. i'll put it as my #4.

can't go further than that since my memory sucks.

Edited by twiztor
memory stuffs
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:03 AM, The Natural said:

10. Thunder Rosa vs. Serena Deeb. AEW Double or Nothing, 30th May 2022.

9. Ruby Soho/Willow Nightingale vs. Tay Melo/Anna Jay. AEW Rampage, 13th January 2023.

8. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa. AEW St Patrick's Day Dynamite, 16th March 2022.

7. Dr. Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander. AEW All Out, 5th September 2021.

6. Serena Deeb vs. Riho. AEW The Buy In: Double or Nothing, 30th May 2021.

5. Athena vs. Marina Shafir. AEW Dark, 10th January 2023.

4. Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. The Bunny/Penelope Ford. AEW Rampage, 31st December 2021.

3. Jamie Hayter vs. Hikaru Shida. AEW Rampage Holiday Blast, 21st December 2022.

2. Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter. AEW Full Gear, 19th November 2022.

1. Thunder Rosa vs. Dr. Britt Baker. AEW St. Patrick's Day Slam Dynamite, 17th March 2021. *****.

Honourable mention to Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose at AEW Double or Nothing, 23rd May 2020.

You know what I realized looking at your list?

My top 3 AEW Womens matches are all bloody, hardcore matches

Rosa/Baker, Ford/Bunny v Anna Jay/Tay Melo and Willow/Ruby v Tay/Anna Jay.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm sleeping on some other matches but I ahve to say, the women in AEW absolutely rise to the challenge when they have to get violent.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I'm not sure if it's because I'm sleeping on some other matches but I ahve to say, the women in AEW absolutely rise to the challenge when they have to get violent.

AEW do them really well. Better than the men tbh.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

If you haven't seen the Athena-Shafir Dark match, it's stiff and borderline uncooperative in all the best ways without any blood or special hardcore spots.

• Like 2