DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 Pro Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Say what you want about Low-Ki being a mini-egomaniac, but he was legitimately talented and could have been a star if he'd took his work more seriously than he took himself. With that said,  his absolute buy-in on himself is probably what made him as successful as he was.

I think an Undertaker vs. Low Ki program built around Undertaker beating him up unmercifully and Low Ki having to employ this kick and run style offense so the big monster won't kill him could be the greatest and funnest thing in WWE history.

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think an Undertaker vs. Low Ki program built around Undertaker beating him up unmercifully and Low Ki having to employ this kick and run style offense so the big monster won't kill him could be the greatest and funnest thing in WWE history.

I 100% agree,  and I'll go a step further and say that I think the matches could be legitimately good. Taker and his fandom of MMA would understand exactly how to sell the leg kicks and would probably be down to put his offense over. Low-Ki is an underrated seller and bumper and he could get all his shit in before Taker kills him dead. We don't get nearly enough good David vs. Goliath matches,  and Low-Ki had the exact type of offense and the right persona to make him credible against much larger opponents. 

• Like 5

Low Ki in 01 and 02 was so clearly a future star. His round robin and the theeeway with Daniels and Danielson, it would have seemed like a safe bet that Low Ki was the one with the brightest future. 

As for a worker, in 05ish he was a vital part of me staying a wrestling fan when I was getting tired of the WWE. 

Now fantasy talk, would Vince had looked at his intensity and drive as a plus, or would his stiffness and size be too big of a detriment? Maybe he’d be in the lower midcard with a Podiatrist gimmick. 

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 5

So Vince says "Hey, you boy, can you do a Mexican accent?" and Low Ki says no, so Vince sends him home for 18 months until his contract expires.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Wasn't that pretty much how the Taker vs Tajiri match went?

1) My life sure does not suck.

2) If your life sucks: Sorry! I am not trying to rub it in that my life aggressively does NOT suck. My intention is to share the joy.

3) 30 Rock taught us to never go to a second location with a hippie. Allow me to suggest that you should ALWAYS go to a second location with a Japanese professional wrestler.

Hang on. I gotta switch browsers to post pictures. I'll spoiler them.

Spoiler

Vk3W70w.jpg

Spoiler

XpDbz8V.jpg

Spoiler

pFmDUXK.jpg

Spoiler

jde5m7K.jpg

Spoiler

iOF04UZ.jpg

Spoiler

TcMZemk.jpg

Spoiler

cyTAVNy.jpg

Spoiler

fIHB1Vu.jpg

Spoiler

66LbBPC.jpg

Spoiler

YDP5DL6.jpg

Spoiler

pdpo64Z.jpg

Edit: A certain 8-tentacled poster did a nice thing and lightened up the pic of Dotonbori Pro wrestler Captain Amemura (who, rumour has it, really likes Takoyaki).

Spoiler

dzPKPK3.jpg

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Buffalo Bills Offensive CoGordinator, Ken Gordsey’s picture did not appear for me. I will patiently wait for the completion of this bit.

Edit: Parks n Rec’s Chris Traeger, played by the famous Rob @Gordlow, edited his post and the pictures are now up. When I get money I will fly to Osaka and drink with the Gordsaka pro Wrestlers.

Edited by Octopus
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

What about a Low/Ki Taker reluctant partnership and eventual feud where Michelle McCool plays 1997 Debra?

This would be tricky because there are only so many camera tricks you can do to hide that McCool is taller than Low Ki.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Would he Low Ki or Kaval in these scenarios? 

I've seen one Low Ki match live, and one Kaval match live.

In one match, Low-Ki knocked Danny Maff out for no reason with a shoot kick, causing mass confusion among both fans and workers, ending in multiple ambulances arriving.

In the other, Kaval got to hang out with the Bella Twins after 2.5 mins of work

Brother, I can tell you who I'D rather be

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've seen one Low Ki match live, and one Kaval match live.

In one match, Low-Ki knocked Danny Maff out for no reason with a shoot kick, causing mass confusion among both fans and workers, ending in multiple ambulances arriving.

In the other, Kaval got to hang out with the Bella Twins after 2.5 mins of work

Brother, I can tell you who I'D rather be

The worst part about this is I'm pretty sure which one Low-Ki would rather be, and it ain't the one who is hanging out with the Bella Twins.  

• Haha 1