DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 Pro Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I think one of my favorite Undertaker face moments was for Survivor Series and no one knows if he's going to join the face team until he opens up his duster and it's an American flag inside of it. Or at least that's how I remember it. Kid me thought that was fucking rad.

I rented this Survivor Series tape SO MANY TIMES from Movie Gallery. Finally, my mom got it for me for Christmas. For whatever reason, that ppv just struck a chord with me. It's fucking horrible as an adult, but as a kid? Extremely my shit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I'm not mistaken, the American flag was one with thirteen stars for the original colonies. 

That's some pretty awesome fridge logic on the WWF's part; Taker's undead, so for all we know he could've been around in the 18th century, chokeslamming Hessians and tombstoning Redcoats...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Log said:

If they did that angle now, Taker would have a blue lives matter flag under his coat.

Naw, worse. It would have the thin blue line and the Punisher logo where the stars should be.

Look folks, I'm just thinking of the bullshit I've seen on the backs on many, many, many Ford F150s or whatever the fuck pickup truck that's on the road.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 1/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, christopher.annino said:

Don't know Bun B but when Tyson is the least sleazy of the rest of them, holy crap!

He's the most universally beloved person in that photo. In an industry where everyone has a massive ego, I've never heard a single rapper say a bad word about Bun B. He's someone everyone seems to genuinely like,  respect,  and that's before we get to him being a fucking beast on the microphone. If there was a southern rap Mount Rushmore UGK, his group with the late heat Pimp C, would be on it. 

• Like 3

I've been watching 91 UWFi and I've gotten pretty addicted to it. I never really understood why RAW Underground was never positioned to be like that product. Ditch the cartoon Def Jam crap, hire Josh Barnett to book, goes for a sports feel, and make it like one hour of RAW every week. Block it up and promote it at 10PM or something and see what happens. What's the worst that could happen, it fails?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'm happy this year I did not see a pick up truck flying the stars and bars on MLK Day, as i have in years past, both in MD and VA. 

Down here in Southwest Florida I'm lucky if that's the only flag I see flying from pick ups. Also glad I don't have kids since half the cars have a giant F-bomb bumper sticker.

Also gotta say that Kevin Nash video is very worrisome. He has had a rough go losing a son and close friend so close to one another, I hope he is alright. 

Edited by StevieNippz
Just watched that Kevin Nash clip
  • Like 1

I'm not cool with the whole "gun in my mouth, oh my bad, having fun" statement he made.  Nash's whole life gimmick has been "I'm above this shit," "I don't take shit seriously", but to play off a ln issue as serious as suicide, especially to people who may look up to this big fuckhead for some reason and may see it as a sign to not take their own ideations seriously enough to get help ... Yeah, well, Kev, make whatever choice you want, dog.  It's truly on you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when it comes to death and tragedies, Nash also had his father die when he was 10 and his mother die after he won the WWF title, along with all the other deaths that anybody working in the 90s might have had on their radar... and he's retired from his profession and really tall and he has mentioned his pain from travelling for things.. Nash is super-glib, which could be a bit of a shield here but it doesn't take much if he decides he's not kidding one day.. so yeah...

• Like 2

WWE

Adam Hopkins is done with WWE, he served as Vice President of Communications. He worked for WWE for 25 plus years.

WWE VP Stefanie Fiondella reportedly left, she mostly worked for WWE since 2004. She left in 2019 but came back later. Her jobs were leadership program and strategy and landing speaking engagements for company executives and for WWE Superstars at industry events. She served as co-Chairperson of the WWE Women's Affinity Group.

Their previous jobs and roles are on the usual other sites.

Vince back at getting rid of more oldheads.

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

when it comes to death and tragedies, Nash also had his father die when he was 10 and his mother die after he won the WWF title, along with all the other deaths that anybody working in the 90s might have had on their radar... and he's retired from his profession and really tall and he has mentioned his pain from travelling for things.. Nash is super-glib, which could be a bit of a shield here but it doesn't take much if he decides he's not kidding one day.. so yeah...

I get what you're saying, and my comment was fired off pretty quick.  But I'll totally put the blame on my profession and my personal experiences with people close to me who have committed suicide.

I do apologize if I have offended anyone with my take.  And I don't even know anymore if that's the good apology where I realize I was the asshole, or if it's that stupid "it wouldn't have been offensive if you weren't a pussy" one, so please take it as the former.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I get what you're saying, and my comment was fired off pretty quick.  But I'll totally put the blame on my profession and my personal experiences with people close to me who have committed suicide.

I do apologize if I have offended anyone with my take.  And I don't even know anymore if that's the good apology where I realize I was the asshole, or if it's that stupid "it wouldn't have been offensive if you weren't a pussy" one, so please take it as the former.

I wasn't really responding to your first post and I didn't have a problem with it either.

As for Nash.. I guess saying that out loud to thousands could go a few ways. Sadly it kinda sounds more like tipping his hand about a possible scenaio than crying out for help. Hopefully his friends can do some helpful things. I'm not asking or expecting Shawn Michaels or Triple H to single-handedly save the day, but i'm sure there's good things that can be done here. 

• Like 1

This is the same Nash who faked a heart attack to get out of doing a job, then came up with a secondary story that was the wonderful improvement that he ate a whole pan full of buzz brownies. He’s done nothing but pout and cry about something or another for the longest time now. When he manages to dry up, he gets right back on the Hogan sized lies that he sticks to just like Hogan does. I’m sorry about his boy, but without touching that subject I got a long ass way to go before I’ve kicked Nash as many times as he kicked Ricky Morton when he was down. What did Ricky Morton do to him anyway? I don’t want Nash to do the worst here, but I don’t want to pretend that he was ever some great person either. I think some things that he sent around have came back around. It will happen to everybody including us. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1