DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 Pro Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

I know it's rare nowadays. Like when Perry Mason would pop on in a made for t.v. movie in the 90s every so often and he hadn't been around for so long but you watched and ate popcorn and it felt good.  It's just like that when threads align and Big Dave does something cool and someone posts Big Dave doing something cool and so it's time...

FOR BATISTA FASHION WATCH

Hide contents

Gerard Way during his brief Zakk Wylde phase when he worked at GNC.

Like a nice warm blanket.

• Like 4

Is there a Dressage Dave Meltzer*? Like, is there an SRS for the world of Symphony Orchestras, discussing contract tampering between London and Oslo? An Alvarez of Archery reporting a move to six-sided targets? I suppose there must be, but it seems like such a prowrestling thing.

*I, too, am picturing top-hat and tails Meltz

• Haha 2

May I just have a post where I get to boast about all the awesome live wrestling I’m about to enjoy in my neck of the woods?

2/18 New Japan in San Jose. I’m so excited for this match, we were supposed to get Sasha and Bayley vs Sky Pirates on a special takeover that never happened and this seems like a crazy make up for that. I’m expecting a big fight feel, plus we get and iwgp heavyweight championship match, probably Okada vs o’khan but still. And a strong title match and Jay white vs Eddie Kingston means this is shaping up to be a pretty unique card. 

3/1 AEW Dynamite at the Cow Palace. AEW finally makes it’s Bay Area debut, I’ve complained about it for years, and they choose the worst building imaginable. But I’m ringside so it doesn’t matter which building it’s in, and dynamite is almost always a blast to watch. And this is the go home show. 

3/5 AEW Revolution at Chase Center. It’s gonna be a too long show but it will be full of awesomeness I’m sure. I hope Will Hobbs gets a big meaningful victory here. I’m lower level 3rd row at the half court line. My favorite seats if I can’t be ringside. 

3/11 PWR in San Jose. Hijo del Viking Northern California debut, I get to see a future legend in a high school gym. The shows are always super fun with a red hot crowd. They sure hate Border Patrol!

There are more shows happening in this little period but I’m already ditching my family a bunch here to watch people play fight. What a time to be a fan!

• Like 6

I read an article about a $15,000,000 Ming Dynasty folding chair that was recently auctioned and I thought: there's not reason this can't be bought in a few years with Shad Khan's Discount Bumpers/Sweet Saudi Blood Money, given to a rich heel gimmick who sits in it every time he promos for half a year, and then has it cracked over his head by an on-the-cusp babyface during the go-home show before their PPV match.

Spoiler

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsothebys-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fdotcom%2F4f%2F79%2F42d38fff4b0591917b4997189e68%2Fred-h-016.jpg

I hope whoever the buyer is has a sense of history.

I really hope that the last McMahon show ends with Ted Dibiase and IRS knocking on Mr McMahon's office door, an assistant letting them in, DiBiase looking into the camera and deadpanning "well, everyone's got a price" and closes the door behind him as the screen fades out.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Red King said:

Another thing is Vince could just sell his shares to someone else or some people in the company.

Why would he do that? Clearly there’s multiple interested buyers for the company as a whole. Which will generate more money for him off of those shares. Even for Vince that would be a stupid move. 

22 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Don't know Bun B but when Tyson is the least sleazy of the rest of them, holy crap!

Bun B is by far the least sleazy of all of them. Man is a college lecturer and restauranteur. I can't think of any legal trouble he's ever been in? Other than shooting that guy that tried to steal his car.

• Like 3

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

Bun B is by far the least sleazy of all of them. Man is a college lecturer and restauranteur. I can't think of any legal trouble he's ever been in? Other than shooting that guy that tried to steal his car.

A brief Google search brought no dirty details and a bunch of pics of dude's wholesome smile, so that's good to hear!

10 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

And he had "Big Pimpin" with Jay-Z. 

Underground Kingz will forever be an appropriate name for Bun B and Pimp C. Bun B is your favorite rapper’s favorite rapper, unless your favorite rapper is a tattooed face TikTok trapper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3