DVDVR Message Board

January 2023 Pro Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Man, someone should start a streaming network and...

create shows that are WWE Punk'd, watching a group of wrestlers in a car and watching a group of wrestlers eat a meal?

YOU GOT IT!

Just now, Casey said:

create shows that are WWE Punk'd, watching a group of wrestlers in a car and watching a group of wrestlers eat a meal?

YOU GOT IT!

Shit, while we're spitballing, how about one of wrestling's biggest stars ever interview other wrestlers past and present so they can talk about how wrestling use to be good and fun and how things use to be at least semi competently booked in wrestling. Crazy idea, but you never know.

43 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Bischoff getting hired by Warner Bros. Discovery to spearhead their WWE bid, effectively taking over WWE and getting AEW knocked off of cable television would be much funnier

Eric wins the Monday Night Wars, it just takes him an extra 22 years

I think I'd prefer him appearing via phone on the penultimate show to announce a WWE Night Of Champions and WWE The Big Bang, and then never seen again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Bischoff getting hired by Warner Bros. Discovery to spearhead their WWE bid, effectively taking over WWE and getting AEW knocked off of cable television would be much funnier

Eric wins the Monday Night Wars, it just takes him an extra 22 years

Show us on the doll where Tony Khan hurt you…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I saw someone speculating that Vince just doesn’t want to be locked out. If the company is sold then he’s out forever. Now, he’s back in charge and can just leave everything as is. Or he can choose to sell but make his retention in the company a key part of the negotiations, like Dana white staying with ufc. As insane as that sounds to every single person who isn’t Vince. I think he just wants back in and he doesn’t care about the fallout. It’ll all just  “blow over” as his friends have put in his ear. 

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Guess there's no pic thread anymore but thought this was cool.  Bayley/Naomi/Mercedes at w/ the famous Ribera

nn7xDwv.jpg

Happy for all three of them to reach this pinnacle, but Bayley with a Ribera jacket is just so perfect.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, just drew said:

You add Mercedes & Mandy Sacs to that and let the big stiffs make the move to new ownership…

Look at that, Mandy Sacs and "big stiffs" in the same sentence! I thought there could have been a joke in there somewhere, but no, I've got nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Look at that, Mandy Sacs and "big stiffs" in the same sentence! I thought there could have been a joke in there somewhere, but no, I've got nothing.

That’s why I shouldn’t post before I’ve taken my Adderall.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Look, my local paper just records the goings on at my local shopping mall and alternates between "Barry's Vaccums Confident Latest Model Will Suck Off The Competition" and "Local Teens Apprehended After Shopping Trolley Skylark" but if that's what you want, I'm game.

The coverage of Barry from Barry’s Vacuums sex scandal with Rebecca the Pull Tab Girl was riveting.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

you get the title lineage and a brand you can rehab.

People have been trying to do that for 35 going on 36 years. It cannot be rehabbed. The best outcome that company can hope for is basically be the new USWA/Smoky Mountain/Global/late era Florida wrestling from the early 90s where it's a very good developmental/regional brand where future stars can get their reps in and reliable vets can pass through and get some good work in. However, it seems like Impact kinda has that on lock.

• Like 4