DVDVR Message Board

2023 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

Casey

And I'm back to no audio with GTA 5. Cuts out after a few seconds in the intro screen and then that's it. Not sure how much more effort I'm willing to put into it. 

My thumb is all fucked up so my ability to play games is limited, but I've been really sucked into Monster Train.  It has a lot of what I like most about Slay the Spire: totally gamebreaking combos.

I am giggling to myself because I have had my PS5 for basically 2 months and already have a stupid backlog

• God of War (currently playing maybe 50% done)
  • Whatever Ratchet & Clank game this is (The rebooted original that I stopped playing to play God of War)
  • Spiderman: Miles Morales (Christmas Present)
  • God of War Ragnarok (bundled with machine)
  • Stray (Birthday Present)

And that isn't counting the other things I need to finish/play that carried over from my PS4 (Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 2,3,4, etc...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am giggling to myself because I have had my PS5 for basically 2 months and already have a stupid backlog

• God of War (currently playing maybe 50% done)
  • Whatever Ratchet & Clank game this is (The rebooted original that I stopped playing to play God of War)
  • Spiderman: Miles Morales (Christmas Present)
  • God of War Ragnarok (bundled with machine)
  • Stray (Birthday Present)

And that isn't counting the other things I need to finish/play that carried over from my PS4 (Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 2,3,4, etc...)

When your backlog becomes a 2nd room in your house due to the amount of PS3, Vita, PS4 & PS5 games, let me know.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Do you have Rift Apart, or Ratchet & Clank? Because only the former is a PS5 game.

Just Ratchet & Clank for now. I had downloaded when it was given away for free at some point. That transferred onto my PS5.

I will play Rift Apart - I just don't own it yet (the same reason I didn't include Horizon Forbidden West in my list)

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Rewatching "Wakanda Forever" and recognizing the guy who does Odin in God Of War, crossover for the ages!!!

Lol, never thought I’d hear Richard Schiff described as that guy who was in that superhero movie and that video game.

Wiki says he’s been in 60-70 films and probably has at least that many tv credits (he’s been a regular on at least six or seven series) but I automatically think of him as Toby Ziegler.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Lol, never thought I’d hear Richard Schiff described as that guy who was in that superhero movie and that video game.

Wiki says he’s been in 60-70 films and probably has at least that many tv credits (he’s been a regular on at least six or seven series) but I automatically think of him as Toby Ziegler.

YES!  One of the all-time great characters.  Doesn't matter what I see him in, he's always Toby.  

I've been playing the latest free playtest of Dark & Darker and whoa boy this game is going to make insane bank. For those that haven't seen it yet, it's the Escape From Tarkov game loop but with Dungeons and Dragons stuff. The combat is janky Elder Scrolls style, it's easy to die, it's full of grim horseshit. It's wonderful.

I popped the trophy for completing Tsushima NG+. All that's left are these Legends trophies that I will never even try to get. MP-dependent trophies suck.

I had (and still have somewhere) a GBA SP, but I mostly played FirePro on it. The GBA NSO app is definitely the one that allows me to play stuff that I missed out on more than any of the others.

I was glad to start playing the Mario 3 port, which I still have the physical cart for. I also started Superstar Saga and Minish Cap, which are GORGEOUS games. The best GBA games had some elite-level sprite work and art direction.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I had (and still have somewhere) a GBA SP, but I mostly played FirePro on it. The GBA NSO app is definitely the one that allows me to play stuff that I missed out on more than any of the others.

I was glad to start playing the Mario 3 port, which I still have the physical cart for.

i picked up that Mario 3 GBA cart a year or so back. those extra e-Card stages are tough! i think i'm only around 1/3 of the way done with them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I've been playing the latest free playtest of Dark & Darker and whoa boy this game is going to make insane bank. For those that haven't seen it yet, it's the Escape From Tarkov game loop but with Dungeons and Dragons stuff. The combat is janky Elder Scrolls style, it's easy to die, it's full of grim horseshit. It's wonderful.

I can't begin to thank you for calling this out. Had no idea this thing even existed and this is the shit I've been waiting for. My only gripe is that it's limited to just 3 people and normally there's 4 or 5 of my friends that are online to game, but we'll just split into groups if we get more into this. 

Tried playing a cleric too and hoo boy is that hard. I think I lasted 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Yeah the first few hours are honestly suffering. Around 5 hours in I started to get the hang of it but even then I stick to Cleric for all the self healing. I've tried soloing as Rogue and for me it's just sheer pain. I've only played solo becasue, well, you've all read my posts. You know.

I was playing a bunch of Chained Echoes recently. 20+ hours in the fucker deleted ALL my save games. It got an update today on Gamepass. Afterwards I could still start it and load save games just fine. But after closing it and opening it again (a couple of hours later), everything is gone. There don't seem to be any local save files (the folder where I would expect the save files looks to be pretty "clean"), so I guess the save files should be located in the cloud. I can only hope that there is some kind of sync issue with the latest version which will be fixed (ergo the saves were not cleared). I definitely won't replay those 20 hours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I popped the trophy for completing Tsushima NG+. All that's left are these Legends trophies that I will never even try to get. MP-dependent trophies suck.

I was glad to start playing the Mario 3 port, which I still have the physical cart for. I also started Superstar Saga and Minish Cap, which are GORGEOUS games. The best GBA games had some elite-level sprite work and art direction.

I have the cart but playing Tetris brought on an insane wave of nostalgia. Man I missed playing that. If not for getting back into Halo Infinite campaign I'd do this more often. 

• Like 1