DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

What is the best game on that list? I never got around to playing it but I did buy KOTOR II on the Switch when it first came out.

It depends on what type of game you want to play

KOTOR is the best game on the list but that's only if you want to play a RPG

If you just want to mow down dudes with Lightsabers and Force Powers - Jedi Outcast or Force Unleashed. Outcast is a better game but it is old. Force Unleashed is underrated - somewhat harmed by its dreadful sequel

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 6:26 PM, RIPPA said:

I thought Bungie bringing back Marathon was going to be my Bungie excitement for the night

I was very very wrong

So was I.

At least the teaser trailer is pretty.

On 6/3/2023 at 8:15 AM, RIPPA said:

If you just want to mow down dudes with Lightsabers and Force Powers - Jedi Outcast or Force Unleashed. Outcast is a better game but it is old. Force Unleashed is underrated - somewhat harmed by its dreadful sequel

The opening section of Force Unleashed is one of the most satisfying beginnings to a game. Definitely all time great casual stroll in a video game. 

so who is it that posts every so often about Bloodlines 2? @J.T.?

Dear Bloodlines fans,

It’s been quite a while between updates while we’ve had our heads down working on the game. We remain just as dedicated to delivering a great Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game as we were when we announced, and are looking forward to showing you more in September this year. 

We acknowledge it was a long time ago that many of you pre-ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.  As development continues, we will be updating the game’s editions and bonus content, and we want to provide the best value to those of you who supported us via digital pre-order after all this time. We are thus offering refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered any edition of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As part of this process, we are proactively refunding all pre-orders of physical products, including the Collector’s Edition. The digital versions of the First Blood Edition, Unsanctioned Edition and Blood Moon Edition remain, but can be refunded if you choose.

We’re excited to show you more and hope to have all of you with us in September when we reveal more. We know you are eager to see how the game is coming along so we’ve put together a fresh batch of screenshots to share with you.

For more information about refunds and how to submit your request, please visit our FAQ.

Until then, The Bloodlines Team

Yikes.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Summer Games Fest starting with a Prince of Persia game is a choice

Speaking of which:

I love the original Prince of Persia game and then the IBM version of it that people actually remember.  I do not like what I see from this game.  Aside from the awful music choice of the trailer, the whole thing just doesn't feel right.  The animation in a 2D POP game should be smooth and realistic not flashy and overly fast and just...yeah.  Not liking what I'm seeing.

Edited by RIPPA

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And then going to Mortal Kombat so all the streams gets demonetized is amusing as all get out

I said this half in jest (okay maybe a quarter in jest) and sure enough the Game Awards own trailer for it (which I posted later in this thread) got age restricted by Youtube

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I said this half in jest (okay maybe a quarter in jest) and sure enough the Game Awards own trailer for it (which I posted later in this thread) got age restricted by Youtube

Given the amount of gore in that trailer, don't blame them. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 4:20 PM, Craig H said:

Is FF7 Rebirth the first game to need two discs for this generation?

That's gotta be the first multi disc game since the switch to Blu-Ray as a medium, right? Unless I'm missing something. And I'm not counting compilations. Hell can the systems even accommodate disc swapping?