DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I had told myself I wouldn't even consider a PS VR2 until Beat Saber came to it

And it has a Queen pack...

Fuck...

Guess I am not paying rent this month

• Haha 5

I know we talked about this in reference to Jedi Survivor, but my current living situation has a data cap on internet. With all major releases clocking in at over 100GB now, I'm curious to see what the download size will be for FF16 on the disc version. I very rarely get a disc copy since the early PS4 era, but in cases like this, it may make sense if I can get most of what I need off the disc for a game that sounds like it will not even have a day 1 patch. However, the file size issue and blu ray discs probably means it's just an access key to a download. 

I started watching the new Spider-Man 2 footage and had to stop because it looks incredible and I want to be as surprised while playing it as I was watching the first few minutes of the video. The way Peter sounds different while using the black suit is just perfect, cannot fucking wait!

• Like 2

This was a from weeks ago but Microsoft announced an XBOX Games Showcase on June 11, followed by the direct showcase

The reason I bring this up is because Xbox did a tease yesterday that sure seems to be leaning towards the announcement of the next Fable game

I'm waiting to see if my 4 year old laptop will have good enough specs to play Starfield. 

I'm loathe to buy a Series X since I got my PS5 in Xmas and still have a long list of things to play on that (like Ragnarok, which came with it). 

I forgot that E3 died again so that XBOX showcase is part of the larger replacement stuff.

Other things of note around that time

• June 8 - Summer Game Fest (This is the one hosted by Geoff Keighley)
  • June 8 - Day of the Devs (indie game showcase. Takes place after Summer Game Fest)
  • June 10 - Wholesome Direct
  • June 10 - Future Games Show Summer Showcase (hosted by GamesRadar+)
  • June 11 - PC Gaming Show (Happens after XBox and Starfield)
  • June 12 - Ubisoft Forward

Looks like I will be bumming my kid's PS5 from her in October.

Now if someone could convince David Cage to go back to the Heavy Rain universe for another story.

Edited by J.T.

Can’t remember who it was that talks about this and the Switch port, but it appears that Aspyr has scrubbed all mention of the KOTOR 2 Restored Content DLC from their socials.

maybe @JLSigman? I honestly can’t remember.

Edited by Casey
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Can’t remember who it was that talks about this and the Switch port, but it appears that Aspyr has scrubbed all mention of the KOTOR 2 Restored Content DLC from their socials.

maybe @JLSigman? I honestly can’t remember.

I don't know if I specifically mentioned it here, but yeah.

6 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

There is a voodoo hex on KOTOR2. Only explanation

😞

I doubt it happens, but if that Expanse game is successful, it would be neat to do a season 7 of the show in video game form. I would imagine all of the actors would be on board for doing voice work since basically all of them are free except for Cara Gee because she has her role on Strange New Worlds. 

On 6/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, SirFozzie said:

There is a voodoo hex on KOTOR2. Only explanation

On 6/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, JLSigman said:

I don't know if I specifically mentioned it here, but yeah.

😞

• Sad 1