DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Today's State of Play was completely underwhelming. The only exciting things were that Tchia and Goodbye Volcano High got release dates and Resident Evil 4 brought back the suplex~! (and Street Fighter VI have new fighters).

Suicide Squad made me 'nope' out of the game really fast. It looks like Guardians of the Galaxy meets Fortnite meets Sunset Overdrive. What happened to you, Rocksteady?

I’m very intrigued by Humanity, but, yeah, I was underwhelmed too.  

I'd been wanting to play Tchia since it got shown on a Direct a couple years ago. I was trying to figure out if I should get it for Switch or PS5, but uh, nevermind. PS5 it is.

I expect so little from State of Plays that Tchia on Plus actually made this whole show a plus for me.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

12 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Suicide Squad made me 'nope' out of the game really fast. It looks like Guardians of the Galaxy meets Fortnite meets Sunset Overdrive. What happened to you, Rocksteady?

WB told them to make live service multiplayer looter shooter because that’s what was popular…like 5 years ago when they started making this game. They were forced to chase a trend and, now by the time they’re delivering the game, everybody is already sick of those types of games.

I feel bad for them. 0% chance this is what they wanted to make.

That Humanity demo is pretty good. The real puzzle in the levels is getting the goldies safely to the goal. This is the sort of weird game that Sony of the PS1-PS2 era would put out with the chill music and the general weirdness, and I am here for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

This is the sort of weird game that Sony of the PS1-PS2 era would put out with the chill music and the general weirdness, and I am here for it. 

Yeah -similar in style/vibes with Echochrome on the PS3.

• Like 2

The Wolf Among Us was legitimately great, so they actually have a lot to live up to. 

It even got me to read a trade of the comic TWAU is based on, that's how good it was. And considering how terrible I found the actual comic, that they made such a good adaptation of it is impressive. 

1 hour ago, Andrew POE! said:

I'm fine that they delayed it. I'd rather a Telltale game be a functional, fully working game as opposed to sometimes glitchy, sometimes stuttering messes we've seen them rush through (Game of Thrones for instance).

The Telltale GOT is my video game Niagra Falls. 

It's funny we're talking about Telltale, because I just got the Game of Thrones game in the mail.

Guess what? I can't download any of the episodes on 360, despite it being the Season Pass disc. It's either stuck at 1% or it signs me out of Xbox Live. I know it's delisted, but as recent as a year ago the episodes were still able to be downloaded if you had the SP disc.

Ughhhhh. Luckily I didn't pay too much for it, but I still really wanted to play it. I enjoyed their Walking Dead and Batman games a lot.

8 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

What does that mean? Is the game visually spectacular?

He actually went over the game in a barrel somehow. 

It was spectacular. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

He actually went over the game in a barrel somehow. 

Well no wonder Casey's disc won't load if Odessa rolled over it in a barrel. Kind of a dick move, Odessa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Well no wonder Casey's disc won't load if Odessa rolled over it in a barrel. Kind of a dick move, Odessa.

After playing (and Platinum'ing the game....twice), Odessa rolling over it with a barrel is probably the best thing to happen to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t really want to bump the thread from 2021, so I’ll do it here: the Outer Worlds next gen upgrade is out tomorrow. $59.99, but if you have the game + DLC it’s only $9.99.

higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting and environments, improved performance and load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap, and more

Honestly I just want the game in 60fps, it’s kind of brutal playing it in 30fps now that I’ve become used to higher framerates. And I bought the DLC a few days ago, never played it before, so that’ll be fun. Still got some trophies to get that I didn’t get on my first playthrough, too.

Paradox Interactive is announcing a bunch of new games.. now.

Lamplighters League and the Tower at the End of the World: Indiana Jones type adventures in a XCOM format, done by Harebrained Schemes, who did the Shadowrun and Battletech series

Crusaders Kings 3 Tours and Tournaments - Focused on RP/Intrigue type stuff.

Across the Obelisk - The Wolf Wars. DLC based in the wolf wars timeline (Late March)

Mechabellum - A Mecha/Sci Fi Autobattler (May)

Knights of Pen and Paper 3: Ok, not a super AAA game, but I've enjoyed the previous games in the series (out tomorrow)

Life By You- Looks like a Simlike, full announcement coming 3/20

Europa Universalis IV- Domination Adds a bunch of stuff to most played EUIV nations

Age of Wonders IV: I want this. A lot. Been seeing some of the previews for this, and the amount of customization for your nation-species types is insane.

Victoria 3 1.2 update (out next week)

Stellaris: First Contact DLC (Available next week)

Surviving the Aftermath Rebirth Expansion

and the big thing: Cities Skylines 2 (Undated 2023 release)

Edited by SirFozzie

3 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

and the big thing: Cities Skylines 2 (Undated 2023 release)

As long as it's as moddable as 1 is (I'll live with Paradox's "Kill 'em with DLC" life cycle model)  The DLC is fine, but it's the mods that make it 1000x better than SimCity ever was.