DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

48 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Love & Death starring Elizabeth Olsen and Jesse Plemons looks interesting. Can't work out how to embed it, but the trailer's out there now.

I put the trailer in the TV thread since it is actually a limited series

I guess technically this is a book post, but since they seem to be moving forward with the movie adaptation, I’m putting this here:

I’m reading HEAT 2, and it absolutely sucks that Michael Mann can’t build a time machine to bring back 1988 Al Pacino to play Young Vincent Hanna. I can’t tell you how badly I NEED to see Pacino pop out of a closet with a shotgun and say “April Fools, motherfucker!”

The mental image alone is giving me so much joy right now.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 9:13 AM, EVA said:

I guess technically this is a book post, but since they seem to be moving forward with the movie adaptation, I’m putting this here:

I’m reading HEAT 2, and it absolutely sucks that Michael Mann can’t build a time machine to bring back 1988 Al Pacino to play Young Vincent Hanna. I can’t tell you how badly I NEED to see Pacino pop out of a closet with a shotgun and say “April Fools, motherfucker!”

The mental image alone is giving me so much joy right now.

I was listening to Mann on a podcast a while back and he was talking about the book. He happened to mention that he had Hanna being from Herrin, IL. I grew up right next to Herrin, and my dad worked there. It's not the tiniest town around there, but not one of the "bigger" ones either. Such an odd choice.

Killers of the Flower Moon - the next Martin Scorsese movie - has been given release dates

Oct 6 for limited release

Oct 20 for wide release

It will then stream via Apple TV+

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Killers of the Flower Moon - the next Martin Scorsese movie - has been given release dates

Oct 6 for limited release

Oct 20 for wide release

It will then stream via Apple TV+

I CANNOT wait to see this. The book is incredibly good. The story starts out bonkers and just keeps descending further and further into bonkers land. 

And it's all true. 

• Like 2

Asteroid City

The next Wes Anderson movie

Scarlett Johansson and Tom Hanks make their Anderson debut's

Also... Jason Schwartzman, Jeffrey Wright, Tilda Swinton, Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Adrien Brody, Jeff Goldblum, Tony Revolori, Liev Schreiber, Hope Davis, Stephen Park, Rupert Friend, Maya Hawke, Steve Carell, Matt Dillon, Hong Chau, Willem Dafoe, Margot Robbie, and Jake Ryan.

• Like 1

ELEMENTAL

Starring  Leah Lewis, Mamoudou Athie, and Catherine O'Hara(~)

Pixar's latest debuts in theaters on June 16.

--

Pixar: "lol can you imagine falling in love with someone you're not supposed to?"

Queers worldwide:  😐

(That said, this looks amazing.)

• Haha 1

BLACKBERRY

Starring Jay Baruchel, Glenn Howerton, Saul Rubinek, and Cary Elwes

Directed by Matt Johnson

---

I'm not sure if this will cover the time when Dennis tried to buy and move the Nashville Predators to Hamilton.

New trailer for BEAU IS AFRAID

Early word is (and these are ALL positives):  this is an absolute hellride. Joaquin gives what might be the best performance of his life. It is the worst date movie of the year. And, Ari Aster has made another masterpiece. 

Premieres April 21

--

• Like 2

Ever since it was revealed that Barbie and Oppenheimer would be released on the same day, these Twitter memes have been killing me.

Is there some connection between Nolan (or one of the 80 well known handsome actors in his film) and the LGBTQ+ community I am unaware of? It feels like there should be one based on the sheer number of memes much like when they cast Rina Sawayama in the last John Wick.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

HYPNOTIC

Starring Ben Affleck, William Fitchner, and Alice Braga

Directed by Richard Rodriguez (so Fitchner is probably a vampire)

Premieres May 12

Or a Night Stalker...

• Like 1