DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Speaking of live action adaptation's - Universal is going ahead with a live action How to Train Your Dragon

Dean DeBlois - who wrote and directed the animated trilogy - will write and direct the live action version

Tentative release date is March 14, 2025

Haunted Mansion has been moved up a couple of weeks. New release date is July 28, 2023. This was the date that was just vacated by The Marvels being delayed.

Haunted Mansion was scheduled for August 11 so it is only moving a couple of weeks

Today in comedians playing fictionalized versions of themselves

About My Father

The Machine

This one is technically a red band trailer due to language and a little blood

What's funny is both movies come out Memorial Day weekend as counter programming to the live action Little Mermaid which is a... bold strategy

I’ve never even heard of either comedian.  And one of them is the funniest man in America, according to the trailer.  Trailers don’t lie, so it must be so,

Just another weekly reminder that I am hopelessly uncool.  Youth culture has passed me by.

The first time I heard The Machine story was on Bob & Tom a million years ago. The movie looks like stupid fun. A nice twist would be having The Machine from 8MM show up so they can do battle to see who the true Machine really is.

I wish Dennis Farina was still alive because he would've been perfect in Deniro's role. Just Chicago up those accents.

Edited by driver

MAFIA MAMMA

Starring Toni Collette and Monica Belucci

Directed by Catherine Hardwicke (Lords of Dogtown, Twilight, This is Us)

--

I'm just assuming if you watch the 3rd Hour of the Today Show, you're automatically mailed tickets to see this.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Peter Pan & Wendy

Directed by David Lowery(Pete's Dragon, The Green Knight)

Yes that is Jude Law playing Captain Hook 

Doesn't look bad, Jude Law is an interesting casting. Weird how the actress playing Wendy looks exactly like Rachel-Hurd Wood in the 2003 Peter Pan movie. Which makes me feel really old knowing that came out 20 years ago.