DVDVR Message Board

A New TV Commercial Thread

RIPPA

The last thread was almost a full decade old (and boy I don't want to start thinking about that) so I decided to start a new one.

This isn't new but I discovered today (via a Youtube ad) that Jane Seymour of all people is doing ads for a mobile game

Side note - my wife seemed more than a little bitter that Jane somehow looks younger now than when doing Medicine Woman

From the things I never knew/totally forgot about - John Witherspoon did an Eastern Motors Commercial

I guess no Washington players were available that day

• Like 1

That commercial seemed to follow me for quite a while when watching different channels.  It's one of those "I kind of like it but also hate it at the same time" commercials and I think the frequency of it airing had me lean towards the "hate it" category.

As far a local dumb car commercials go I loathe any from Antwerpen Automotive where they feature an old white dude (Jack I'm assuming) and he has a slogan "Jack says Yes!" while he does the Daniel Bryan/Diego Sanchez taunt.  There's too many examples to note but it did have me missing the Easterns commercials as that was at least catchy.

EDIT:  I'm sure you've seen this @RIPPAbut here's the one with Commanders players from 2021.  And yeah there's a lot there on their Youtube page.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, hammerva said:

I assume that these new commercials popping up on Youtube now are going to be Super Bowl commercials.  If so then the Busch Light Commercial featuring Sarah McLaughlin will be a top 5 for me   😆

22 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

These X Chair commercials can go fuck right off, too. "Synthesizing the universe's elements"... Too bad they can't synthesize some polonium in the brain of whoever dreamt that up.

Don't forget that they list "all the elements of the universe" as "heat" "cold" and "touch."

Also u have to subscribe monthly to the chair.

And speaking of commercials about circulation, these LegXercise commercials are fucking killing me.  "Have you had pain? Swelling? Stiffness? Trouble bending?  Numbness? Chills?  Have you had legs at any point in your life at all as we describe everything that could possibly afflict you?? Try this!"  Aghghghadfevemvoenfgeihf