DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17 (Clean Version)

Just Adam Bay Bay

The NFL shouldn't put it up as an option but I wouldn't even care if the Bills forfeited. Things like "playoff seeding" become a lot less important to me when a player is getting CPR on the field. I don't know the best solution but I know playing tonight isn't it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Can someone tell me why the fans at the game know about the suspension before apparently ESPN hasĀ 

I could theorize, they may have seen the equipment being packed before we did or some other sign. Also ESPN was probably waiting for an official-official announcement before saying it, while the fans had assumed it would happen based on what they saw.

• Like 1

The crowd being largely quiet this whole time is surreal. I can't imagine being in the crowd or especially a player or family member seeing all this happen. Fucking hell.Ā 

EDIT: Hearing Joe say critical condition hit like a ton of bricks.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

The entire stadium being quiet with absolutely nothing going on probably inspired quite a few people to start checking their phones or talking to stadium employees to hear what was being rumored.

Cincy is where John McSherry died on opening day 1996, so there's probably a few people who were at that game in the stadium tonight.

18 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

hopefully Skip Bayless' tweetĀ tonight sinks him, as opposed to it being something he shakes off like every other awful thing he's ever said/typed (considering he kinda gets paid to be shitty, I'm being too optimistic here)

He still has it up despite everybody trashing him for it. Never liked the guy but he can fuck off with that.Ā 

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

He still has it up despite everybody trashing him for it. Never liked the guy but he can fuck off with that.Ā 

Ā 

All the usual twitter scumbags are going into auto-mode. I would like to think that at least a few of them will catch some actual consequences given how many people are watching this in real time.

24 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

hopefully Skip Bayless' tweetĀ tonight sinks him, as opposed to it being something he shakes off like every other awful thing he's ever said/typed (considering he kinda gets paid to be shitty, I'm being too optimistic here)

aJJwG6j.jpg

How many decades of Skip Bayless' media career took place after he spread rumors about Troy Aikman being gay? 2 and a half?

Well, at least a shitty media personality went there first instead of someone people actually liked typing that stuff and sending it to the world.

1 minute ago, Mario said:

In this thread or Twitter? Ā Or both?

No no no Twitter...definitely Twitter. And Iā€™m not even on that crap site or Ap or whatever they call it. I just seen some of them when I finally went and looked up Skipā€™s Tweet.Ā 

Edited by BloodyChamp

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

How many decades of Skip Bayless' media career took place after he spread rumors about Troy Aikman being gay? 2 and a half?

Well, at least a shitty media personality went there first instead of someone people actually liked typing that stuff and sending it to the world.

Yeah but now we are getting even shitty and lower level media personalities trying to leach some clout to appeal to I guess the "stick to sports" groupĀ 

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah but now we are getting even shitty and lower level media personalities trying to leach some clout to appeal to I guess the "stick to sports" groupĀ 

There's no way i'm checking Clay Travis' feed right now, fuck that shit.

Anyways, Skip has like $16M left on his deal and he works for a network used to having to deal with certain employees saying things. He'll probably do one of those apologies that he quickly undermines.