DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17 (Clean Version)

Just Adam Bay Bay

The fact that they all just assumed they would keep playing just shows that when there's enough money involved every one of these fucker owners and league is Vince McMahon at heart until someone has the guts to step up (the two coaches I guess) and say no.

Good on McDermott and Taylor for realizing they have the power to shut it down and doing it.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Definitely don't want to see what happened to Hamlin but this is freaking me out. Hope things end up okay. 

But they did just suspend the game with the crowd respectfully clapping so that's something. I would not continue the game though. 

I would agree they should  cancel the game and maybe play tomorrow but depending on what actually happens if that is too soon.  I do love the players forming a shield around Hamlin so that the vultures at ESPN and NFL can't show close up of it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The shield need to cancel the game, give both teams a tie and move on.

Probably a bad time to mention this but... that idea could have consequences for playoff seeding and also possibly cause these teams to play each other again in 3 weeks. So there really isn't a "good" solution here, just a "least shitty" solution.

Stopping this game feels like a very big moment in what's left of our collective conscience. Whatever happens, if they had just kept going and we all just shrugged and said "of course, what else can you don?" it would have been hard to ever think of ourselves as anything other than a death cult.

I mean, it doesn't mean we're not a death cult, but it say something that I'm genuinely surprised they stopped it.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Stopping this game feels like a very big moment in what's left of our collective conscience. Whatever happens, if they had just kept going and we all just shrugged and said "of course, what else can you don?" it would have been hard to ever think of ourselves as anything other than a death cult.

I mean, it doesn't mean we're not a death cult, but it say something that I'm genuinely surprised they stopped it.

I love football, but Jesus if they made those guys just keep playing as soon as they got Hamlin off the field... 

This is horrific.

Just now, elizium said:

This should be cancelled

Apparently he has a pulse, but they are breathing for him. This is scary and thoughts are with him 

It will be, the Bills players most likely have their pads off and are getting Uber’s to the hospital. 

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Probably a bad time to mention this but... that idea could have consequences for playoff seeding and also possibly cause these teams to play each other again in 3 weeks. So there really isn't a "good" solution here, just a "least shitty" solution.

I don't disagree, but it might be the least worst. . .

Just now, hammerva said:

Seriously there has to be something better to show than talking heads say the same things over and over again.     Especially when there is no update

Those poor announcers and studio panellists have no idea what to say. And you can't possibly blame them, there's nothing to say.

They need to just throw some archive thing on or something. This is just

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Didn't Len Bias and and hank Gathers both collapse and die from heart conditions during play?

Bias partied himself to death the night of the NBA draft and died of a cocaine overdose.

Edited by Mario

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

Didn't Len Bias and and hank Gathers both collapse and die from heart conditions during play?

Len OD'd celebrating be drafted, not in play, but yes on Gathers.

The fact that the coaches had to tell New York to fuck off and go into the locker room, tells you all you need to know. Obviously a mans life is bigger than legacies and other bullshit, but this will be Goodells. "Five minutes". . . 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I don't disagree, but it might be the least worst. . .

the decision probably would have already been made by now if it was Texans/Colts or some other similarly 'irrelevant' game

This game also has implications for Week 18 scheduling (for when the Bengals play next week). So the League is basically in a giant fucking mess right now.

Supposedly a player in 1970 for the Lions did die on the field during a game.  No idea if they knew he died during the game but given how the NFL was back then probably didn't matter anyway

So the "5 minutes" thing is an actual thing that happened?  If so thank god the coaches had a lick of sense and hopefully these officials never see a game until September 2023

Edited by hammerva