DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17 (Clean Version)

Just Adam Bay Bay

Kenny Pickett is far from a top 10 QB but fuck he is clutch when he needs to be.  Some great throws in that last drive

Every time people think they can finally put a nail on the coffin on Mike Tomlin as a head coach for the Steelers for whatever stupid reason, he pulls off a run to a winning season and hell even a playoff berth.  And not one of the 4 teams have to fuck up scenarios either.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your Saturday Week 18 games:

• 4:30 PM Eastern - Chiefs at Raiders
  • 8:15 PM Eastern - Titans at Jaguars

Both of those games will be on ABC/ESPN.

Remainder of Week 18 schedule coming tomorrow after Bills/Bengals, though I'm assuming this makes Lions/Packers the Sunday Night game.

Edited by Gonzo

22 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Your Saturday Week 18 games:

• 4:30 PM Eastern - Chiefs at Raiders
  • 8:15 PM Eastern - Titans at Jaguars

Both of those games will be on ABC/ESPN.

Remainder of Week 18 schedule coming tomorrow after Bills/Bengals, though I'm assuming this makes Lions/Packers the Sunday Night game.

Titans get 8 days rest going into a division-deciding game while the Jaguars get 5 days.

Also, interesting to release the Chiefs assignment already when the Bills/Bengals game could end up being pretty important for them too.

The Lions' defense has been not-great for big chunks of the year but the future is bright:

- Aidan Hutchinson is the first rookie DL in NFL history to have 3 INTs

- James Houston set an NFL record with 8 sacks in his first 6 career games

And Jared Goff really likes playing at Ford Field this year: 9 games, 2472 yards, 23 TD, 3 INT

Edited by Tabe

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

What about those Steelers???

Kenny looked like a seasoned vet. That last drive looked like one of Big Ben's comeback drives. 

Helluva win.

He got an away win against the hated Ravens, so he's okay with me.

Now the planets must align and we have to beat the equally hated Browns next weekend and hope that the Jets kill Miami.  I am confident that Buffalo will whoop up on the Pats.

And if all that happens..... Steelers vs. Chiefs... at Arrowhead....   My stomach hurts already.

6 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also, interesting to release the Chiefs assignment already when the Bills/Bengals game could end up being pretty important for them too.

Only for the #1 seed - actual playoff spots will always take precedence... especially when you can put Green Bay in prime time

And if the Bengals lose tonight - the Bengals/Ravens game next is for the AFC North so that is > than KC next week too

The Texans and Bears will (likely) have the top two picks in the 2023 NFL Draft.

If Houston loses at Indianapolis on Sunday, they get #1. Should they win and the Bears lose to Minnesota at home, Chicago will jump to #1 (and subsequently trade that pick for a metric assload of draft capital).

There's a chance that the Bears could drop as low as 4 if they win on Sunday, with Arizona and Denver having a chance to leapfrog them.

Edited by Gonzo

BTW - tonight's Bills/Bengals game does not kick off until 8:30 pm (EST) as the NFL is delaying the start a little in deference to the Rose Bowl

It is cute they think the Rose Bowl will be over by then

• Haha 2

Also of note, Buffalo must win tonight to stay on pace for the #1 seed.  

I hate football, btw.  

Put Tua in a sensory deprivation tank until game time next Sunday, god damn it.  

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - tonight's Bills/Bengals game does not kick off until 8:30 pm (EST) as the NFL is delaying the start a little in deference to the Rose Bowl

It is cute they think the Rose Bowl will be over by then

MNF is also on ABC tonight and the Rose is only on the ESPN’s, they’ll be a huge amount of people switching channels at 8:30.

So maybe I'm thinking too much about Ron Rivera's stupidity, but something doesn't add up.  There was a report earlier that Howell would be starting next week if the Commanders were eliminated, so someone HAD to know it was possible after this weekend.  Could Rivera have known but simply forgot during the postgame conference?  Or did someone on the staff know but wanted to undermine Rivera and not tell him?

(Knowing the Commanders, it's probably the latter...)

Lost a little in the Packers destroying the Vikings was Justin Jefferson becomes so frustrated that he almost nails a ref in the back of the head with his helmet.  Luckily he saw it in coming in the last minute because oh boy that could have been bad

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1609681059418882050

Not sure why I can't get the tweet to embed like usual 

Edited by hammerva

I almost hate that the Bills and Bengals play tonight. That’s going to be such a physical game and both of those quarterbacks have flirted with disaster all season. They have 2 more to go and this big game is 1 of them. 

The real and only difference in that Packers/Vikings game was the center. The Vikings could take them if they could go a sequence without a false start or illegal procedure. But of course all everybody is saying is that the Packers are going to win the SB. Every year. Somehow. That’s the prediction. Anyway I think it’s obvious that the NFC will come down to the 49ers and Eagles. Obviously Hurts has to come back and rejuvenate his team, but I think it’s a safe bet that that happens. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

48 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Packers/Lions has been flexed to Sunday night next week. 

Which is a bit odd and unfair to Seattle. Now if the Seahawks win the Lions will know they have no path to the playoffs, which might effect effort and such.

Also slightly unfair to the Packers if Seattle loses, because then Detroit will know that all they need is a tie.

When presented with the opportunity to either a) show a game that's "win or go home" for both teams involved independent of the other 15 games on the schedule or b) kiss Aaron Rodgers' ass for three hours, the National Football League happily chose "b."

I saw the highlight and I don't know if I have ever seen someone stand up after that kind of hit and then immediately fall back.   If it is neck how did he even have the strength to bounce up like that.  Was it heart related?  

Shit they administered CPR on Hamlin.  

Edited by hammerva