DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17 (Clean Version)

Just Adam Bay Bay

Well again - they are treating tonight like a preseason game since it is essential meaningless

Willis will start next week (well I guess unless Dobbs goes crazy and throws 4 TDs or something)

Decided that since my regular Thursday night listening experience is off this week, I should acknowledge the Thursday Night game for once. So i'm listening to the Cowboys radio feed (hey, if one of their affiliates keeps their stream up) instead of bothering to watch it through Amazon (also, the Alamo Bowl).

Aside from the one time that the Chiefs played on Thursday night, I haven't made much attention to these games this season. Wonder if there's any way for them to quantify the success of putting NFL primetime games on Amazon.

(Edit: the radio halftime experience now means that I'm aware that Dak endorses a crypto service, insert jokes here)

Edited by Cobra Commander

BTW - to go back to the Bills fact that Kevin brought up - I got bored and looked at all the team's schedules

So the Bills have 7 non-Sunday games

The next closest are the Patriots with 5

The average this year seems to be basically be 4

The other interesting thing about the Bills schedule is that they played 3 times on Thursday night but since one was Week 1 and the other two were back to back weeks - they actually only played on a short week once

Five teams still have a chance to land the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, but it's really a two-team race.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

• Houston Texans: 63% (Remaining schedule: vs Jacksonville, at Indianapolis)
  • Chicago Bears: 35% (at Detroit, vs Minnesota)
  • Seattle Seahawks (via Denver Broncos): 2% (at Kansas City, vs Los Angeles Chargers)
  • Arizona Cardinals: <1% (at Atlanta, at San Francisco)
  • Indianapolis Colts: <1% (at New York Giants, vs Houston)

If Houston and Chicago both lose this weekend, it will officially be a two-team race as nobody else will be able to catch those two teams.

David Blough (Cards) and Jarrett Stidham (Raiders) are both scheduled to start at QB this week

They will be the 63rd and 64th different starting QB this season which ties the NFL record in a non-strike season (the '87 strike year had, ironically, 87 starters)

The Cards and the Rams will both have used 4 different starting QBs this year

with how many teams have went from 3 active QBs to 2 active QBs, 64 starting QBs has to be a pretty large % of QBs that have snapped a ball this year and that's before we get to week 18 and any starters who sit to rest for the playoffs.

Longish time ago, Rich Gannon did an assembly at my elementary school and I forget the exact opening but I think I got to publicly guess there were 90 QBs in the NFL at that time (3 per team) during some thing about how tough it was to be a QB on the NFL roster or whatever. Later on I got quoted in the newspaper for asking him about the QB controversy involving Steve Bono (and he came into the next game at halftime). Then they let him go in favor of Elvis Grbac but that's another story.

So yeah, it's not 90 active QBs anymore.

• Like 1

So the Packers need to win out and have the Commanders lose a game? And the Giants to lose out?

And the Bucs have to either win this week period or lose then win next week and the Panthers lose next week?

The Packers have what looks like a long list of help needed but the Commanders and Giants are totally deflated. The Giants will lose atleast 1 IMO but it might not be this week because they get the Colts who are in total disarray. The resting Eagles should still beat them but who knows. The Commanders have sat Heinicke again which is really freaking dumb IMO. Meanwhile the Lions and Vikings always hand it to the Packers at the end. Always. Every time no matter what they do to them early in the season. I think the Lions actually have the better record vs the Packers since Favre but it just doesn’t seem like it because they never win the second game. Then if the Vikings do win the second game they lose the 3rd game 💩💩💩. The Vikings lose 1 more since they’ve ran out of ways to steal games. Surely it will be against the team they always lose to when it matters. 

Then there’s the Bucs and Brady luck. I’ll tell you what, I could run through the holes that the Panthers OL has been making, but watch them not even appear this week. Wtf. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

Just now, dogwelder said:

I am so looking forward to the Sam Howell era starting next week

Well since Washington will still win this game like 13-12 - they will have to start Heinicke next week to get into the playoffs