DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 17

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

You love Britt? I thought you were the guy that would say how terrible she was in the locker room when she was working Indy’s? 

I wouldn’t. Carr has way more bad weeks than good, and Jacobs already said he won’t come back next year. So if it’s Jackson/Dobbins/Andrews vs Carr/Jacobs/Adams give me Baltimore every time. 

You have Jacobs on your team then? 

I'm not the guy who hates Britt I've said it many times and will continue to 

You are right on Carr he's not my choice for QB nor is Mcdaniels my choice for a coach.  I do like Adams and Jacobs though.   

Yes sir I have Jacobs on my team. 

32 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

If the NFL is rigged can we get them to book the Vikings winning a Super Bowl at some point before I die?

Not, like, ten Super Bowls or even five. Just one.

I don't think this is a big ask.

Nope, the Vikings are fated to win one playoff game and then lose the next in hilarious fashion. Then. Now. Forever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

I've been gambling on Bovada for over 10 yrs.  It's become more accessable via draft kings, fan duel, betparx, betUS, Bet Rivers, Bet MGM, the past 4 yrs roughly give or take.

Same with NFL what they can call "targeting" in one game isn't going to be called in the next. No consistency. 

So when you kept referring to gambling being made legal, you weren't referring to a specific thing? Just some vague time when Draft Kings appeared? So how are you drawing a conclusion based on a before and after? 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pedro said:I've been gambling on Bovada for over 10 yrs.  It's become more accessable via draft kings, fan duel, betparx, betUS, Bet Rivers, Bet MGM, the past 4 yrs roughly give or take.

If you are big into gambling you will also know and see that you can live bet or cashout a bet.  So imagine the people who Bet Minnesota as a leg on their parlay and they are getting crushed. Many of them I would assume cashed out instead of riding out the bet. 

@twiztor  I don't have a real answer. I can only go off of ratings and cities with bigger markets/fan bases.  Do you think NFL wants to see Jacksonville in the playoffs or Pittsburgh?   The dream scenario as I mentioned would be them getting Green Bay and Tampa into the playoffs. 

The games have also become more exciting in the past 5 years. The Hollywood endings, the huge comebacks, it was rarer in the 80's and 90's, the flags also weren't as huge an issue as ref's would let the teams play the game.  

I'm watching the Georgia Southern-Buffalo game right now and these ref's can't even decide what is targetting and what isn't.  Same with NFL what they can call "targeting" in one game isn't going to be called in the next. No consistency. 

Cowboys-Titans should be a Dallas blow out thursday, but watch Sunday's Baltimore-Pittsburgh game. It was flexed into primetime and will be decided on the final drive likely with flags playing a factor.  Same thing for Monday's Bengals-Bills.  Let it play out and we can come back Tuesday AM and talk about it. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. 

Ummm, the Steelers and Ravens playing a close game that comes down to the end is the norm, it’s rare that one of them wins by 10+ points. That’s what happens when two teams that are consistent playoff contenders play twice a year. 

With the sharing of tv revenue, the draft, contract and free agency rules the NFL is set up so that every game should be competitive and every team having a shot at the playoffs. That isn’t some secret, it’s been known since the days of Bert Bell and it’s why the NFL is the #1 league by a massive margin. 

On targeting, judgement calls in all sports at all levels will never be consistent. 

• Like 1

A) Next time some one posts about the NFL being fixed - it will be the last time they post about it being fixed

B) Dolphins have confirmed what everyone already knew - Tua suffered a concussion and most likely will not be playing this week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

You're all arguing with a fucking idiot.

youshould be banned for this outright harrassing comment. The fact that the mods will allow it is very very telling.  But if you want to compare IQ's I'm game. 

6 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Well, there seems to be the thought that if the Commanders don't make the postseason Rivera gets dumped, so he's basically hoping Wentz saves his job.

I honestly can't see them getting rid of Rivera, the team loves him and he is one hell of a morale booster. The video of him telling his special teams player that he made the pro bowl was great.  Ron believes in his team and is willing to bet on them by making some risky calls. I'm not a Commanders fan but their games are always entertaining to watch. 

I could be wrong but Ron was the first coach in the NFL to really go all in on 4th and 5 or longer. You have to also factor in the health issues he has had which I'm sure don't make things easy.  Cam Newton is someone I can't stand.  Oddly enough I used to work with his aunt and she snapped on me for laughing at his Super Bowl Press conference when the Broncos beat them.  

As a Commanders fan I hope they make the playoffs for you. 

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

youshould be banned for this outright harrassing comment. The fact that the mods will allow it is very very telling.  But if you want to compare IQ's I'm game. 

I should mention how much I despise passive aggressiveness.  

And regardless of whether or not he's paintedbynumbers (he is -- both had Pittsburgh area IP's).... whether or not the NFL is rigged or not (it's not, cf. Occam's Razor, Hanlon's Razor)....  whether or not, well, a lot of stuff...  This just isn't a good fit.  

This was gonna happen sooner or later. 

tumblr_oiq01hxTXy1u1ljrzo1_500.gif 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic