DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/26 - 1/1/2023

The Natural

Tuned in to see John Cena, and they capitalize that by... having Charlotte return from a months-long hiatus to immediately win the title! Lmao! New boss seems a lot like the old boss sometimes, don't care here. Keep leaning into how people see her, keep stirring that pot. Never change. I cackled. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

somehow I think John Cena's baldspot would be less prominent if he had less hair.. if that makes ANY sense.

It is weird because last time he came back his hair looked a bad toupee.   Almost Beatles like it was awkward 

To be fair Cena could have hidden his bald spot but apparently Charlotte had to steal all the hair in the back.  Jesus somewhere a hair extension company is swimming in a pool of money 

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

To be fair Cena could have hidden his bald spot but apparently Charlotte had to steal all the hair in the back.  Jesus somewhere a hair extension company is swimming in a pool of money 

with people getting haircuts less often over the last 3 years, if only we had Brutus the Barber returning as a heel angry that people are letting their hair grow out.

One of the biggest issues with Cena trying to be the indie workrate guy against guys like Owens and Styles and Rollins was that he blatantly yelled his shit in the ring trying to do it.   I don't remember him being this obvious when he was doing the Kevin Nash style of move set 

Sheamus/Solo was good fun.

Raquel/Ronda was so damn good and easily the best either woman has looked all year. Charlotte coming back to win the title immediately wa some weird WM IX shit that made me laugh more than anything else. It was dumb and a shitty way to get the belt off of Rousey. Hopefully they lean into the terribleness of it and have Raquel beat Charlotte for the belt at Wrestlemania. 

The Imperium/Strowman segment was nice outside of Ricochet catching poor Gunther on the head with the chair.

Roman/Sami vs. Cena/Owens was too short but still pretty fun overall despite Cena and Carr clearly calling spots for the final tag.

A 2 match episode but two fine matches they were. 

Edited by Eivion

Every time I think bray wyatt stuff can't get worse. That is some high level cringe, corny cartoon shit.  LA Knight does seem to be trying his absolute best though. And now they will do battle.... in The Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match!

Raquel looked legit excellent here, super star quality vibes. Post-match was bizarre and I'm a big Charlotte fan. Charlotte returning suddenly ultra babyface was very odd. I had previously thought they would end up doing Charlotte/Bianca at WM and just today there were reports around that Ronda/Becky plans had suddenly changed to Ronda/Rhea which definitely seemed random. 

Main event was underwhelming with Cena working about a minute of it.  Slow... slow..... Tag!   But I'm glad he kept the 'wrestle every year' streak for 20 years of Cenamania. 

• Like 4

That was a fun two hours of professional wrestling. I'm loving the Bloodline/ Sami/ Owens story and it's about time Charlotte Flair came back to squash Rousey. Charlotte Flair is a Pro Wrestling Star and Rousey's return's been a flop. The best thing about her character is Shayna as her lackey. Because Shayna can talk and has pro wrestling charisma. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Red King said:

People think Uncle Howdy is one of these following guys...Bo or Vincent or Vic Grimes.

Today is the last day of Goldberg's contract.  

Cameron Grimes right? I’d read that rumor the last time they had Howdy on, because of the way he was tipping his hat. Plus he’s been off of NXT, and supposedly called up to the main roster for awhile now.

42 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Is there a reason the did they title change here and not at the Rumble? Something up with Rousey?

Feel like they could have thrown out an "open challenge" and teased it a little. 

Probably figured there’d be a lot of eyes on Smackdown with Cena returning. And Meltzer reported yesterday that Becky vs Ronda is off at Mania. My guess is they somehow move Bianca (and the Street Profits) to Smackdown since she keeps talking up that she wants Charlotte at Mania.

• Like 1