DVDVR Message Board

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year.

The Natural

I'm lying in bed in a hotel room watching this year's rendition of Heavy Metal Christmas (Raskasta Joulua) after a pretty heavy Christmas Dinner and decent amount of drinks. Members of Nightwish, Amaranthe, BattleBeast and Sonata Arctica are bringing the joy to the audience!

• Like 4

Back from seeing my much missed Mum having a drink and mince pie with her.

Hope you're having a good un.

My presents:

• Batman: The Animated Series jumper.
  • Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile and Batman by Jada.
  • Batman assorted figures.
  • A Terrific Son and Brilliant Brother cup which moved me.
  • A magnet of me and Alyson in the shape of a heart which also moved me..
  • Metallica Master of Puppets Backpack.
  • A new jumper.
  • Fudge. Loved fudge since a boy.

My WWE hoodie still hasn't shown up. First time we've had a mare from there. It's one I've wanted for years.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all! We have such an amazing community and I really appreciate the camaraderie and good vibes we all share! Wishing you and your loved ones nothing but the best 🎅☃️🎄🎉🍻

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to you all. For the first time ever my mom of all people got me wrestling shirts. She's always said no but while they're mainly bootleg they're pretty awesome nonetheless. I still count it as a minor Christmas miracle. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It was a very small/quiet Christmas for me as has become the thing as I get older and am still single, but at least Christmas dinner with mom went off without a hitch and was all very high quality. Ate until I needed to sleep, as one should now and again.

Now that I've gotten into hot sauces I've basically doubled my range of condiments for leftover sandwhiches, it's a good time.

• Like 5

Christmas was exhausting, but went well considering.  I had chemo Tuesday so it was hitting me pretty hard over the weekend.  Really just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep all day.   Everything was exhausting.  Instead, I went to church, played games with my family, opened presents, went to the in-laws, had my dad and siblings over, etc.  Probably dumb to push myself that hard, but I dunno how many more Christmases I get.  Probably not enough.  Sleep when you’re dead.

Feel somewhat better yesterday and today.  Planning to go back to the office tomorrow.  Got two weeks before round 3, so somewhat hopeful I can pull myself together and be productive next week and a half.  

Probably need to find new oncologist.  I didn’t pick this one.  She inherited me five or so years ago when my oncologist left the hospital.  By then, I was in remission and only needing six month scans, so she was fine.  She’s fine medically, but she’s surprisingly young and full of millennial attitudes that I could do without.  Last straw was when my wife called to get a prescription for nausea and doc suggested medical marijuana.  When we balked, she confided to us that she likes edibles.  She also showed us a few of her tats during an office visit.  I think she’s trying to make us comfortable with her, but it’s having the opposite effect.  Once chemo is over, I’m looking for a nice 60-ish oncologist who thinks pot smokers are doing the work of the Devil.

Edited by Mario
  • Like 4

On 12/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, The Natural said:

FkoVYqPX0AASNdU?format=jpg&name=small

Now do Gremlins 2 - The New Batch! ... or just Gremlins, I don't recall if the sequel takes place anywhere near Christmas, or not?

Edited by Shartnado
Is the sequel even a Xmas movie?
  • Like 2

Happy Holidays all!

the XMas season is a usually a bit rough for me, but i do appreciate that it brings people together as much as it does. i got nothing but love for everyone here. now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to hibernate till it's all over.

• Like 2