DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

Just for the record, not counting tonight because it's not over, in December there have been 12 prime time games. 7 were decided by one score, 5 weren't. In one of the 7 close games, the losing team never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead in the second half. So exactly half came down to the wire. Of the five decided by two scores, none were closer than 12 points, and two were by 30+.

• Like 1

LOL,

People on twitter were predicting Tom Brady to be the hero and have a big comeback drive to win the game before it even happened.  The Washington-NY game that had obvious pass interference in the end zone but they didn't call it and it ended up being the difference maker.

The Raiders were all over Pittsburgh until the huge 40 yard run by Josh Jacobs gets called back. From that moment forward the Raiders couldn't catch a break and every call went Pittsburgh's way. 

The miracle comeback by the Vikings.  You mean to tell me the Colts can put up 30 plus in the first half and do absolutely nothing in the second?!  Come on people wake up. 

Even if you don't agree with me you have to at least think that Colts-Vikings was fishy. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Pedro said:

LOL,

People on twitter were predicting Tom Brady to be the hero and have a big comeback drive to win the game before it even happened.  The Washington-NY game that had obvious pass interference in the end zone but they didn't call it and it ended up being the difference maker.

The Raiders were all over Pittsburgh until the huge 40 yard run by Josh Jacobs gets called back. From that moment forward the Raiders couldn't catch a break and every call went Pittsburgh's way. 

The miracle comeback by the Vikings.  You mean to tell me the Colts can put up 30 plus in the first half and do absolutely nothing in the second?!  Come on people wake up. 

Even if you don't agree with me you have to at least think that Colts-Vikings was fishy. 

So, basically, data that backs up your point is important, but the data that contradicts it isn't?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, basically, data that backs up your point is important, but the data that contradicts it isn't?

We went through this circle before in a different thread, you're wasting your time. Conspiracy theorists will always find a justification for their conspiracies, just the way it is.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And about that Colts game in particular, keep in mind they scored on a blocked punt and a pick six. Their offense only had one touchdown drive in the entire game. Even when it was 33-0, the underlying stats like yards and yards per play said it was a much closer game. It's an extraordinary comeback, but the Colts also got a few lucky breaks to build that huge lead.

As for Tampa last night, it doesn't take a clairvoyant to think the team with a good defense and a terrible offense would likely be in a rock fight with the bad team missing it's QB, and that Tom Brady has two decades of putting together two minute drives to win football games. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

We went through this circle before in a different thread, you're wasting your time. Conspiracy theorists will always find a justification for their conspiracies, just the way it is.

How is it a conspiracy theory? You really don't find it funny that on a Saturday afternoon when only 1 game is being played that they have the biggest comeback in history. All the while a team who was on fire the whole first half putting  up 30 pts, couldn't score at all in the second?  

On the flip side, the team who couldn't score at all in the first have puts up 30+ in the second all of a sudden?

What about the miracle drives at the end of games, where teams cannot move the ball at all all game long only to move down the field with ease with 5 mins left in the game. Happens all the time.

Answer this question;  Why does a referee need headphones/earpice while they are looking at a monitor to review a play? Google when ref's started wearing the updated earpieces.  Right when gambling become legal.  What a coincidence.  

But heaven forbid anoyne bring up points that differ to yours. 

Also Brian to your point.  Your data helped me. 7 games out of 12 coming down to one score.  It's all about the ratings. 

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

How is it a conspiracy theory? You really don't find it funny that on a Saturday afternoon when only 1 game is being played that they have the biggest comeback in history. All the while a team who was on fire the whole first half putting  up 30 pts, couldn't score at all in the second?  

On the flip side, the team who couldn't score at all in the first have puts up 30+ in the second all of a sudden?

What about the miracle drives at the end of games, where teams cannot move the ball at all all game long only to move down the field with ease with 5 mins left in the game. Happens all the time.

Answer this question;  Why does a referee need headphones/earpice while they are looking at a monitor to review a play? Google when ref's started wearing the updated earpieces.  Right when gambling become legal.  What a coincidence.  

Also Brian to your point.  Your data helped me. 7 games out of 12 coming down to one score.  It's all about the ratings. 

No one is stopping you from bringing it up, just no one is agreeing with you, there is a difference.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you think my data helped you, I don't think you understand statistics or data analysis very well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

If you think my data helped you, I don't think you understand statistics or data analysis very well. 

more than 50% of the games coming down to one score. Yeah proves the point. Go back to before gambling was legal and see how often that hit. Nowhere near as much. 

People do agree with me they just aren't posting because they don't feel like arguing with you guys.  

One thing I will say is if you bet football take the pts on the prime time games and you will make out more than not. It's worked for me the past few yrs. 

Also for the data freaks out there:

It all looked to be over for Green Bay but look what happened this week. Everything fell in to place for them. How convenient. They will somehow make the playoffs just like Tom Brady with a losing record will make the playoffs. It's what the NFL wants.  Shit, I wouldn't be shocked to see Tampa-Green Bay in the playoffs.  Big $$$ for the NFL  Aaron Vs Tom one last time.  

Wait for it and remember I told ya so.

Also, everyone was predicting Bills to win the Super Bowl this year. It won't be them. It's going to be an NFC team. Probably 49ers. beating the Bengals

The game, along with basic human nature, benefits offenses in clutch situations. And it benefits offenses even more in double clutch situations. The most crap offense in the world can convert a 4th down in a clutch situation. At the end of a game, in a double clutch situation, they can convert a 4th down or score a touchdown. If they can’t a ref will do it for them. I think it’s human nature more than it is human intent. When that game is on the line they just always throw that flag for the poor offense trying for that poor touchdown.

Also, the offense starts the play and the defense reacts to it. That gives the advantage to the offense, especially in clutch situations where human nature kicks in. You think to much, you try not to screw up, then if you try to cancel that out and make a play you screw up even bigger. And it’s worse now with the advantages defenses had before this era. 

That applies in comebacks to. Even if the comebacks don’t completely happen...who doesn’t smell them before the route is even over sometimes like when the Chiefs came back against the Texans? The dumpster fire Mariota Falcons were going to win that Bucs game earlier this year had the refs not robbed them. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's been swatted down earlier this season in another thread.

--------

Here's something you don't see everyday; a QB being investigated for a potentially dirty hit. Specifically Mac Jones for diving in front of Eli Apple's feet during a (later ruled incomplete pass) fumble return attempt. Apple didn't have the ball and Jones was apparently trying to make sure he couldn't catch up to block a player pursuing the play.

He got side eye from people earlier this season for kicking a dude in the nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DvBzmkZ9nA

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Good GOD.

Exactly the kind of hit that SHOULD draw an ejection.  And a huge fine.  James is asking to paralyze himself with that hit.  Ugh.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Also for the data freaks out there:

It all looked to be over for Green Bay but look what happened this week. Everything fell in to place for them. How convenient. They will somehow make the playoffs just like Tom Brady with a losing record will make the playoffs. It's what the NFL wants.  Shit, I wouldn't be shocked to see Tampa-Green Bay in the playoffs.  Big $$$ for the NFL  Aaron Vs Tom one last time.  

Wait for it and remember I told ya so.

Also, everyone was predicting Bills to win the Super Bowl this year. It won't be them. It's going to be an NFC team. Probably 49ers. beating the Bengals

To your Green Bay making the playoffs somehow proves the league is rigged point I say this. How is it even remotely unexpected that these losses all take place in the same week:

NY Giants at Minnesota (Minnesota with an extra day of rest, better receivers than NY, and home field)

Seattle at Kansas City (What kind of fantasy world does one live in that has Mahomes losing at home to Geno fricken Smith?)

Washington at San Francisco (Gee which of these teams has been hotter recently? Which one is also at home, and playing for a shot at the #1 or at worst #2 seed?)

Detroit at Carolina (Carolina needed the win to have any shot at the NFC South title, Detroit isn’t done mathematically by losing this one, again the team playing for seeding won)

And don’t even try to claim the refs handed Rodgers that game. If he didn’t overthrow Watson by a good five yards in the first quarter the game wouldn’t have even been that close. Plus Tua’s three INT’s weren’t caused or aided by the refs. Green Bay was the better team Sunday.

I love too how one of your “big” points is Brady coming back to win Sunday night, and it being predictable. Here’s a nice link to show you why that is, and why it’s not anything to do with refs:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Yeah when you’re accomplishing it for the 45th time in your career people can predict it. Just like I can predict that Kansas City will win the West every year Mahomes is healthy. Some things just are.

Really going out on a limb there with your Super Bowl prediction too. Especially now that basically everyone is off of Buffalo due to the Von Miller injury.

Edited by LF2

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Next time grow some balls and tag me in the post @LF2   and yeah go back and look at the games decided by the final drive this and last season.  How about the UK games too. 

But I guess if my opinion is different than yours you are going to cry about it.  Go back to your "lesser quality sites"  

Oh but before you do make sure to watch tonights "nailbiter"  Foles hasn't played in how long? But is tied at 0 with a team who makes the playoffs by winning tonight.  Makes sense doesn't it?

So the guy trolling says what exactly?

Foles ended up losing 20-3. So that’s a nail biter in what universe? They never had a lead, and never came close to leading. But yeah I’m sure the league is fixing games. 

Also how did I cry? I just pointed out how stupid your premise was, and how I thought nonsense like that didn’t fit in here. I’ve yet to see anyone but you say I was wrong. 

I also can’t wait to hear you explain how the referees with ear pieces (that are necessary so they can talk to the replay officials in NY) somehow caused Foles three picks, and without that Indy would have won. Especially since you’re on the Indy bandwagon, and you don’t understand how they pissed away a game against a better Vikings team last week.