DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/19 - 12/25/2022

Dolfan in NYC

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/update-on-december-26-wwe-raw-episode

It appears that WWE won't be airing a new episode of Raw the day after Christmas.

On last night's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE won't be taping next week's episode of Raw tonight. While not confirmed, it looks like WWE will be airing a type of "Best-Of" episode on December 26 instead.

Meltzer said:

By the way, tomorrow for the Raw, it is only a single taping, from what I was told. Two weeks ago, it was like it's either going to be a double taping or it will be a single taping and a 'Best-Of' show on the 26th because they’re not taping on the 26th. So I guess -- I haven’t been told it’s a 'Best-Of' show, but when I was told two weeks ago it's going to be one or the other, it is certainly not the one because I was told today that they are taping one show tomorrow.

The Raw roster will be in Columbus, Ohio for a holiday tour house show on December 26. There's also a SmackDown house show at Madison Square Garden that night.

This Friday's episode of SmackDown has already been taped in advance. Spoilers for the show can be found here.

SmackDown will be back live on Friday, December 30. Raw will be live on Monday, January 2.

Tonight's Raw is taking place live from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa.

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Waiting for the AEW-haters to start complaining about how bloated the WWE roster has become.

I won't hold my breathe.

Hasnt it always been that way, even after the various cullings?  Isn’t it a problem with both companies? 

• Thanks 1

It's Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford and Akira Tozawa UP AGAINST Damien Priest, Finn Balor and Dominick Mysterio!  Again!  Ford is once again a freakish athlete.  He and Priest are fun in the ring together.  Dawkins has transformed right before our eyes into almost a Body Guy.  Angelo Dawkins IS the Butcher.  I just realized that this is a four-man tag.  Dominick and Akira are just kinda skulking around.  Tozawa throws SOMETHING (pee, Vodka, both) at Domincik, BURNING HIS INJURED EYE and Rhea Ripley punches Tozawa DEAD IN THE FACE!  That was fucking awesome.  Akira Tozawa and Rhea Ripley have a match.  Ripley VADERS Tozawa like a motherfucker.  The crowd seems to die.  THEN! They fuck up a bunch of stuff!  The Street Profits CRUSH Balor and Priest with dueling Tope Con Hilos!  Tozawa hits a pretty beautiful Toprope Senton To Nowhere to allow Ripley to CRUSH him and get the pin!  That was questionable.  It's the Good Brothers taking on the Chad Gable and Otis.  Gable goes GATOR ROLL Crazy!  Karl Anderson and Gable trade many armdrags!  Luke Gallows is the best possible Kevin Nash on offense.  Gable is wrestling for five.  The crowd POPS for Otis.  Otis hits a very nice Psicosis Bump shouder first into the ringpost.  The Magic Killer!  THEN the Bloodline attacks!  HEY! The Usos finisher and the Good Brothers finisher are basically the same- slight variations on the Dudley Death Drop.  Dexter Lumis and the Miz are having a ladder match!  I spend the beginning of the match trying to decipher Lumis' tattoos.  This is the calmest crowd in the history of ladder matches.  I guess this isn't the Hardys versus Edge and Christian or Darby Allin or something.  Needs blood.  Needs a lotta blood.  Superplex by Lumis!  The Miz makes a fun face as Dexter Lumis crushes his (the Miz's) testicles!  They do some falling off the ladder.  This gets better when Johnny Gargano bumps around for Miz.  Lumis dives off the top of a ladder and misses the Miz on the announce/POUNCE table.  IT'S JONAH!  Well, that was best part of the match.  The Miz wins!  That was a strangely heatless deathmatch.  It had a couple of neat bumps.  I'm glad Jonah showed up.  It's Sami Zayn taking on top five in the world, AJ Styles.  We wonder if Sami will wrestle this El Generico or wrestle it as Terry Funk.  Terry Funk it is!  AJ Styles is all DYNAMIC and shit.  Oh man, Sami is bumping like a FREAK for AJ.  AJ then bumps like a FREAK for Sami.  Cool Blue Thunder Bomb Variation by Styles.  FUCKING GNARLY Brainbuster by Sami.  Styles doesn;t miss on the Pele Kick!  Nice Exploider into the turnbuckle.  Solo Sikoa CHEATS!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB for the win!  That was good.  BIGTIME BECKS vs Bayley!  The announce team notices that Becks is going all World of Sport.  I love that they start beating the hell out of each other.  Becks caps it off with a SWEET Exploider.  This match is fucking great.  Dangerous Backdrop by Bayley!  Belly to Belly by Bayley! FOR TWO!  DIAMOND DUST by Becks!  So Des Moines is the shittiest wrestling town in America?  They barely POP when IYO and Dakota are kicked out.  Bayley CHEATS as the ref is yelling at the tag team champs and gets the win. That was good.  Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens take on Jey and Jimmy Uso.  Kevin Owens is awesome.  He assumes role of sympathetic babyface in peril as we go to commercial!  Seth Rollins makes the hot tag!  Owens hits a Fat Boy Love Machine Splash FOR TWO!  Owens hits a Fat Boy Swanton onto Jimmy's knees!  The Good Brothers show up to beat on Solo Sikoa!  Nice Tope Con Hilo by Rollins!  Austin Theory takes out Rollins.  Super Kick by Jimmy!  FOR TWO!  Owens wins with the Pop Up Powerbomb!  That was good for something booked eight ways to Sunday.  The last two matches saved the bacon of this episode.  Crappy crowd, decent wrestling. 

• Like 2

Becky/Bayley was a really good match. Liked the shadiness at the end to continue the program.

I'm not opposed to intergender wrestling. I enjoyed how it was presented in Lucha Underground but tonight's match was certainly a...choice. 

• Like 1

Street Profits vs. Balor/Priest was decent. Rhea/Tozawa happening right after it was odd. The crowd was into the idea of it, but Tozawa never really hitting and a few close flubs right after each other kind of killed it aside from Rhea murdered Tozawa with her finish for the win.

Alpha Academy vs. Good brothers was another decent enough match. The post match attack by the Bloodline ended up being the highlight.

Miz/Lumis was unsurprisingly heatless though they got the crowd into some bits of it. The match itself was actually ok, but I have been tired of this feud for a bit now. Really shouldn't have gone past 6 weeks. Jonah's return/debut was surprising. It worked well here though i still think he is an idiot to come back unless they offered him stupid amounts of money. Felt like NJPW was positioning him as a main eventer before this. Kind of feel sorry for the rest of TMDK.

Sami/AJ was good stuff.

Becky/Bayley was easily MOTN and the best Bayley has looked since her return. Considering this is the first big singles between them the chemistry was surprisingly great. Finish wasn't too bad though it could have been executed slightly better. Still leaves things open for a rematch which I certainly don't in this case.

Usos vs. Owens/Seth was kind of all over the place in mostly good ways. Part of me feels the Usos should have won, but given how dominant they were throughout the night it made sense the for Raw roster to get a victory in here.

The crowd kind of sucked tonight, or maybe the mic was screwed up. A lot of the matches seemed to pull them in at points, but it never fully stuck for whatever reason.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Seriously if Vince does come back to power in the WWE, the roster a couple weeks after it is going to look like a brand new territory to clean up all these rehires.  

So if we are to believe TMZ, Mandy Rose's OnlyFans has made close to a half a million in the last week after his firing.  If true then either wrestling fans are stuck in the saraha desert level of thirsty or she did a terrible job of advertising her stuff.  

Edited by hammerva

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So if we are to believe TMZ, Mandy Rose's OnlyFans has made close to a half a million in the last week after his firing.  If true then either wrestling fans are stuck in the saraha desert level of thirsty or she did a terrible job of advertising her stuff.  

giphy.gif

Seriously though, I'll bet there was a big chunk of the audience who didn't even know about it until after her release. It's not like she was going around NXT with a shirt that said "See What's Underneath! at whatever.com"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

How is Toni Storms Numbers currently? I'm sure she's not getting anywhere close to the same amount of subscribers as when she started her OF. She probably still pulling some strong numbers given that she's still on National TV and still near the top of the Women's division but the buzz of her doing that content isn't what it was when she started. Mandy's buzz of doing this type of content might last a little longer especially she's actively posting edgier content to keep people hooked but alot of those subs will taper off eventually to the point where it becomes less edgier and they'll consider bringing hee back. I see Mandy riding this out till it dies down enough for her to be brought back which was probably they deal from the beginning of this being an issue 

Being gay has it's weird little perks like having several peers who have OF pages.  

To a person, they've all said, the first couple of months are great if you hit.  After that, the bottom drops out and unless you're CONSTANTLY churning out content, the bottom drops out quick.  

I'm guessing the wrestlers who do OF/JFF/etc, experience the same thing.  

I've said before, the best line in any Cypress Hill song, is just the spoken word, "it's a fun job, but it's still a job."

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Point of order: Dollars?

I forget where I read it, but I saw Toni Storm was pulling in somewhere in the $30 thousand dollars range a month based on her subscribers at the time.

EDIT: I missed most of the show last night. Saw some of what I missed in clips. I saw the tail end of Becky and Bayley. That was a pretty good match.

Edited by Phantom Lord
  • Like 1

Only saw the ladder match and did I hate that.  Match was probably ok, but the crowd didn’t care a bit (I don’t blame them) until they started using the ladders to take stupid bumps.  I am well past the age where I enjoy these sorts of matches.  I mostly cringe when guys take bumps from the top of the ladder to the ropes, or, worse, clear the ropes and take a bump to the floor.  Like Bruce Willis and Danny Glover, I am too old for this shit.  Reminded me of the indie shows  went to 20 years ago where the solution to crowd apathy was to up start trying to cripple each other with poorly-planned high spots.

• Like 1

NXT IS TAPED TONIGHT!  Awesome!  Carmello Hayes takes on Axiom!  The UK contingent is like a bunch of ringers amidst the green folks.  Welcome to FREAKISH ATHLEETICISM!  This is total Strange Style.  Is Arez hanging out at the performance center?  I guess its roots are in Axiom channeling World of Sport Johnny Saint-ism.  Hayes hanging with him is impressive.  Hayes seems ready to get called up.  GREAT Dropkick by Axiom!  CRAZY Rana off the top!  Trick Williams CHEATS!  Hayes takes advantage and wins!  Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark starts on the way to the ring!  Lyons seems ready to be called up.  Zoey is the GATEKEEPER of NXT.  You have a feud with her, learn how to put a match together and move on up.  Stark CHEATS!  And WINS!  Wendy Choo and Cora Jade have a fun pull apart!  OH NO! ANOTHER FUCKING TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!  Paxley Tatum is our SECRET good little wrestler.  Karter and Chance are spunky.  Great Frankensteiner off the shoulders of Karter by Chance.  Jaycie Jayne is best wrestler in the match.  Finish was awesome!  Tatum Paxley is our breakout star!  There is an Elektra Lopez sighting!  It's Indi Hartwell!  Nice Elbow Drop by Lopez.  Hartwell looks good in this.  BRASS KNUCKLES!  It's Sol Ruca!  I don't know if she is big enough of a name for Alba Fyre to bump like a lunatic for her, but we will see!  Awesome!  Isla Dawn!  She's EVIL!  It's Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods!  It's Briggs and Jenson!  They do some wrestling and it's face versus face so it's odd HEAT!  Briggs hits a nice Lateral Suplex while we are enjoying picture in picture.  SOS!  Jenson makes the ropes!  Briggs IS JD Drake!  TWICE!  Fun nearfall on a complex double team pinning predicament!  Noce Moonsault by Briggs!  Briggs IS the Great Muta.  Fun finish!  Briggs was our SECRET Wrestling Machine.  WHO KNEW?  Well, that was good little episode of professional wrestling.  

• Like 2

Hayes/Axiom was good.

Lyons/Stark was nice while it lasted. Dug how things began before the bell.

Women's tag titles match as fun. Not big on 3-ways, but they made it work decently well. The big rana spot was awesome, and Tatum got a in a nice showing all around.

Indi/Elektra was ok. Felt like it kind of ended just as it began though the finish was well done.

New Day vs. Briggs/Jenson was good stuff and probably the best showing Briggs/Jensen have had so far. 

4 hours ago, Mario said:

I thought Briggs was a big, beefy Ray Traylor type when he was brought in.  Did he lose a lot of weight or am I just wrong?

The latter. Similar height but leaner build. Its the shirt and jacket that probably fooled you.

• Like 2