DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Jesse Marsch out at Leeds. 

Totally unsurprising, given the team's form.  Hope they can turn it around, but interim managers can't score goals, so...

I can't tag aXb. I can't tag Pete about this either:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

Manchester City charged with more than 100 counts of breaking financial rules.

FIFA confirmed that the US, Mexico and Canada will all automatically qualify for the 2026 World Cup

They also confirmed that CONCACAF have 6 spots in the expanded pool but the 3 automatic qualifiers will take 3 of those slots.

I am, I just haven't gotten around to buying it, as it's pretty much the only way to watch MLS and I need to watch RBNY be mediocre yet again.

ETH has been a revelation and it's a sight to see when a hardass gets back in the Manager's position and is willing to tell players where to fuck off if they won't get in line.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I am, I just haven't gotten around to buying it, as it's pretty much the only way to watch MLS and I need to watch RBNY be mediocre yet again.

ETH has been a revelation and it's a sight to see when a hardass gets back in the Manager's position and is willing to tell players where to fuck off if they won't get in line.

ETH doesn't take any shit. Refreshing. My favourite of that is getting rid of Ronaldo and making the players on their day off run the distance Brentford beat them by the day before when Brentford won 4-0.

You want to read this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64730932

Nobody at the start of the year thought Manchester United would be in this position. Still challenging for the Premier League, FA, Europa League and Caraboa Cup. What a turnaround especially from last season.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, I'm really happy that United is starting to come back into prominence, but it sounds like the ownership change shenanigans could end up wrecking that.

I'm bummed I haven't fit more PL into my schedule as I'd like to be a bigger Man U fan than the casual one I've been my whole life (one of the main things I want to do when I go to the UK finally is see a game at Old Trafford).

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, I'm really happy that United is starting to come back into prominence, but it sounds like the ownership change shenanigans could end up wrecking that.

I'm bummed I haven't fit more PL into my schedule as I'd like to be a bigger Man U fan than the casual one I've been my whole life (one of the main things I want to do when I go to the UK finally is see a game at Old Trafford).

There's a theory out there that United's success might mean thar the Glazers won't sell now, or at least sell their majority stake and just take on financing. 

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There's a theory out there that United's success might mean thar the Glazers won't sell now, or at least sell their majority stake and just take on financing. 

Yeah, but if it's Qatari financing, it could still bring about a lot of changes and make that situation queasy. The US backed firm is a slightly better solution, but I know part of the issue is the supporters want American ownership out of there.

13 hours ago, Raziel said:

If you want to go to the matches they are offering essentially a $199 season ticket that is the 17 regular season home matches with no Red Member benefits and you can pay in installments. Only catch is you can't forward the tickets so only you can use them. Even if I only get to 10 matches I still save $7 per match over the cheapest available single match pricing. For an average of less than $12 per game the price was too good to pass up (It's less than a Hartford Athletic season ticket. Seriously). It's also nice that the soda overlords are actually going out and signing young DP's with better resumes than the Celtic reserve squad or Norwegian 3rd division.