DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK FIFTEEN

RIPPA

13 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Insane, did they forget it was tied and they weren't behind??

I really want to know what Meyers thought Mac Jones was going to do with the ball 55 yards from the end zone.

Mac Jones failing miserably to tackle Cameron Jones but then nearly tripping him as C. jones trampled him makes me laugh more than it should.

Edited by Mario
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Imagine having to go into the locker room knowing you (maybe, who knows) cost your team the game because you lined up in the wrong spot.

Hey - at least he didn't try to throw a backwards 35 yard lateral

• Haha 1

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

Imagine having to go into the locker room knowing you (maybe, who knows) cost your team the game because you lined up in the wrong spot.

Yeah. It's the absolute correct call, a crystal clear rule... But it also had absolutely no impact and cost the team at least a shot at the win. And could end up being decisive in missing the playoffs. Just brutal.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah. It's the absolute correct call, a crystal clear rule... But it also had absolutely no impact and cost the team at least a shot at the win. And could end up being decisive in missing the playoffs. Just brutal.

that call was correct.  The missed pass interference on 4th down wasn't.  He was all over him 

Edited by hammerva

My energy for the rest of the year is going to being fueled by Washington fans - whose team has gotten every break all season long - complaining about pass interference not being called

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The funny part was dopey Collingsworth saying they didn't call the Pass Interference that changed the result of the play because the referees "don't like to call fouls" at the end of a game, right after they threw the flag on the illegal formation which had no impact on the play. The formation call was right of course, but the commentary comment was just silly.

I hate the Commanders to but next to Cris Collinsworth talking out of his ass? Go Commanders. They call that every time on GWDs. They call it when it’s not PI on most GWDs. Then that dummy talks like they don’t, and says he feels bad for the official. 

Now all of that aside, that whole sequence smelled funny. I know the penalty before was the correct call but he asked the ref first and the ref didn’t say anything. Then there was no protest by the WR. There wasn’t a protest after the PI either. That was really freaking weird unless...they didn’t GaF. Riverboat Ron is a good coach but he does have the effect on players. They get tired of his cowboy act and tune him out.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Hey - at least he didn't try to throw a backwards 35 yard lateral

that really needs to be the next play to enter NFL lore under a catchy nickname.

best I can come up with so far is "The Patricide"

• Haha 2

That was definitely DPI on that last play. It helped The Giants win but bad reffing is bad reffing. I thought for sure it was going to be another 20-20 tie. Tense game but love how it shook out. That long drive with the multiple 10+ Barkley runs was a killer.

I think one more win gets The Giants in. Vikings are so hot and cold, but I don't see The Giants being able to stop them. Then there's The Colts. Winnable, but also one of those match ups that don't look too favorable on paper if Jonathan Taylor was healthy. So I can only hope The Eagles have the number 1 wrapped up by week 18 and everyone goes on vacation. I would absolutely take a garbage win to get into the playoffs.

Predicting Lions get the 6 spot at 10-7. Giants get the 7th spot at 9-7-1. Then The Seahawks get to 9-8 but don't get in. And Washington also doesn't get in at 8-8-1. But we'll see. I kinda hope all 4 NFC East Teams get in just for how weird that would be.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

that really needs to be the next play to enter NFL lore under a catchy nickname.

best I can come up with so far is "The Patricide"

Not exactly a catchy name, but "Proof that spontaneous human combustion is not real, because if it had been there would have been clouds of ashes all over new england, and a nuclear sized combustion coming from where Bill Belichick stood"