DVDVR Message Board

WINTER IS COMING III - DYNAMITE - 12/14/2022

DEAN

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

For a second, I thought that said De-lizardation and Luchasaurus was getting a gimmick change.

I now want A my Fair Lady storyline where Keith Lee teaches Luchasaurus the ways of man

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1602793573598253057?s=21

I'm unreasonably hyped they got ROUNDBALL FN ROCK. Very, very cool for those of us of a certain age

Dynamite presented by The John Tesh Radio Program

• Like 1

Will she blade?  WILL SHE?  Tay IS hardcore.  But first, number four of seven!  Oh no!  Nick Jackson is injured!  BRANDON! BRANDON! CUTLER!  Omega is wrestling for SEVEN!  This is awesome.  PENTA hits the GNARLIEST PILEDRIVER of the week so far!  GREAT nearfall by Omega.  NICK RETURNS!  He's wrestling on one leg!  HAMMER TIME!  NICK TAPS!  Death Triangle is 2/3rds EVIL!  WEAPONS MATCH!  NO DQ!  So fun!  Nick should have stayed out and Omega should have killed all three of Death Triangle.  Tonight's match was set up next week's match, which is fine.  Oh no!  They are setting up the Acclaimed versus Jeff Jarratt and Jay Lethal!  I guess they can't wrestle FTR every week.  YES!  BAN THE GIANT SWING! IT IS BARBARIC!  IT's Brian Cage versus Jungle Boy Jack Perry!  Now that Cage has the trios title, he can put over everyone in singles matches.  Brian Cage IS Dax Harwood!  GREAT Vertical Suplex off the second rope by Brian Cage!  In picture in picture, Brian Cage beats on Jack Perry to get the crowd behind his struggle to escape the Kanyon-influenced offence of Brian Cage!  The crowd is molten for Perry!  Cage is cutting off Perry with a truly hellish Lariat!  Cage taps while Prince Nana distracts the ref!  Brian Cage is gonna win!  Perry reverses it for the roll-up!  Oh man, Lee Moriarty versus Jack Perry will be thoroughly awesome.  BIG BILL!  It's HOOK!  Okay, this is a wad of fun!  Wait!  Waitwaitwait!  Blackpool Combat Club versus Hangman and the DARK ORDER?  AWESOME.  House of Black takes on the Factory!  The Factory are destroyed by House of Black!  Skye Blue SPEAKS!  Blue versus Britt Baker will be perfectly fine.  HEY! It's Action Andretti!  I assume Jericho will make him look so good that he gets signed.  AND HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!  Jericho is a fucking Best Bout Machine.  The heat is fucking amazing.  Action with the Lariats!  Man, Jericho is fucking awesome.  So many GREAT fucking NEARFALLS.  WHAT THE FUCK!  WHAAT THE FUCK!  ACTION ANDRETTI GETS THE PIN!  Chris Jericho is the greatest wrestler in the history of wrestling.  This is the what? fourth guy he's MADE on TV this year.  SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.  That was great.  Dallas is the wrestling capital of the world, it seems.  FTR versus the Ass Boys will COMPLETELY fucking rule.  Tay Melo is wearing red.  Hmmmmmm.  I don't know if she is blading.  Oh man, this match is fucking great!  Ruby Soho is totally fucking laying it in.  Tay is built for brawling.  This is great.  GOTCH STYLE PILEDRIVER by Tay FOR TWO!  Ruby Soho kicks her in the face!  Destination Unknown!  That was fucking great.  POSTMATCH!  Anna JAS breaks Ruby's face!  I was hoping Willow Nightingale would make the save.  It's the main event!  I can't believe that this will be the THIRD best match of the night- behind Soho/Melo and FRICKIN JERICHO/ACTION ANDRETTI!  This match is good though.  Basic solid wrestling.  MJF is awesome doing the Old School Abdominal Stretch with added extra CHEATING!  Nice Lariat by Starks.  GREAT NEARFALL on the Tiger Driver!  GREAT NEARFALL on the Powerbomb to the knee by MJF!  GREAT Arm Submissions by MJF.  LOWBLOW FOR THE WIN!  That was fucking great.  That was a VERY Heavyweight Championship styled match.  Postmatch!  AMERICAN DRAGON!  AEW RULES THE ENTIRE MOTHERUFCKING FUCKING MOITHREFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

You know how a band will put out a concept album just to prove that they can play anything?

I think that’s Chris Jericho’s 2022. The dude has had practically every match type possible this year and has knocked it out of the park. Traveling champion stuff? Brawls? Hoss fights? Tags? Garbage marches? And now jobber upsets. And all bangers.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Will she blade?  WILL SHE?  Tay IS hardcore.  But first, number four of seven!  Oh no!  Nick Jackson is injured!  BRANDON! BRANDON! CUTLER!  Omega is wrestling for SEVEN!  This is awesome.  PENTA hits the GNARLIEST PILEDRIVER of the week so far!  GREAT nearfall by Omega.  NICK RETURNS!  He's wrestling on one leg!  HAMMER TIME!  NICK TAPS!  Death Triangle is 2/3rds EVIL!  WEAPONS MATCH!  NO DQ!  So fun!  Nick should have stayed out and Omega should have killed all three of Death Triangle.  Tonight's match was set up next week's match, which is fine.  Oh no!  They are setting up the Acclaimed versus Jeff Jarratt and Jay Lethal!  I guess they can't wrestle FTR every week.  YES!  BAN THE GIANT SWING! IT IS BARBARIC!  IT's Brian Cage versus Jungle Boy Jack Perry!  Now that Cage has the trios title, he can put over everyone in singles matches.  Brian Cage IS Dax Harwood!  GREAT Vertical Suplex off the second rope by Brian Cage!  In picture in picture, Brian Cage beats on Jack Perry to get the crowd behind his struggle to escape the Kanyon-influenced offence of Brian Cage!  The crowd is molten for Perry!  Cage is cutting off Perry with a truly hellish Lariat!  Cage taps while Prince Nana distracts the ref!  Brian Cage is gonna win!  Perry reverses it for the roll-up!  Oh man, Lee Moriarty versus Jack Perry will be thoroughly awesome.  BIG BILL!  It's HOOK!  Okay, this is a wad of fun!  Wait!  Waitwaitwait!  Blackpool Combat Club versus Hangman and the DARK ORDER?  AWESOME.  House of Black takes on the Factory!  The Factory are destroyed by House of Black!  Skye Blue SPEAKS!  Blue versus Britt Baker will be perfectly fine.  HEY! It's Action Andretti!  I assume Jericho will make him look so good that he gets signed.  AND HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!  Jericho is a fucking Best Bout Machine.  The heat is fucking amazing.  Action with the Lariats!  Man, Jericho is fucking awesome.  So many GREAT fucking NEARFALLS.  WHAT THE FUCK!  WHAAT THE FUCK!  ACTION ANDRETTI GETS THE PIN!  Chris Jericho is the greatest wrestler in the history of wrestling.  This is the what? fourth guy he's MADE on TV this year.  SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.  That was great.  Dallas is the wrestling capital of the world, it seems.  FTR versus the Ass Boys will COMPLETELY fucking rule.  Tay Melo is wearing red.  Hmmmmmm.  I don't know if she is blading.  Oh man, this match is fucking great!  Ruby Soho is totally fucking laying it in.  Tay is built for brawling.  This is great.  GOTCH STYLE PILEDRIVER by Tay FOR TWO!  Ruby Soho kicks her in the face!  Destination Unknown!  That was fucking great.  POSTMATCH!  Anna JAS breaks Ruby's face!  I was hoping Willow Nightingale would make the save.  It's the main event!  I can't believe that this will be the THIRD best match of the night- behind Soho/Melo and FRICKIN JERICHO/ACTION ANDRETTI!  This match is good though.  Basic solid wrestling.  MJF is awesome doing the Old School Abdominal Stretch with added extra CHEATING!  Nice Lariat by Starks.  GREAT NEARFALL on the Tiger Driver!  GREAT NEARFALL on the Powerbomb to the knee by MJF!  GREAT Arm Submissions by MJF.  LOWBLOW FOR THE WIN!  That was fucking great.  That was a VERY Heavyweight Championship styled match.  Postmatch!  AMERICAN DRAGON!  AEW RULES THE ENTIRE MOTHERUFCKING FUCKING MOITHREFUCKING WORLD!

That was one heck of a show with the Crowd of the Year.

• Like 11

I thought this show felt like one of those really fun chaotic ones right after the quarantines started getting lifted and AEW went back out on the road. I'll have full thoughts tomorrow, but there was only one segment on this show that didn't actively rule and even that one didn't totally suck ass...

• Like 4

stuff I remember from this episode (my first try at this was eaten by the board)

If Nick Jackson didn't want to get hit in the leg by a hammer, he shouldn't have come back to the ring, McMahon.

Various stuff happened in-between the opener and Jericho. Prince Nana is on live TV. Brian Cage would be teaming with the Warlord if this was 1987. Jack Perry wrestles Brian Cage without anybody dying. Jack Perry gets beat down by Big Bill and friends. Hook makes them all run away. The House of Black wins a squash. There's a show on TNT TBS in a few weeks about people slapping each other.

Jericho losing to Andretti was a welcome swerve because on paper, there wasn't a lot going on in-between the opener and the main event. So that was a welcome surprise and I await Andretti's next appearance on Dynamite in 2 weeks.

Hangman Page talks. Chris Jericho hits a traffic cone with a chair. The Blondeish ladies continue their feud with non-blondes. Moxley faces Sammy on Rampage.

The Main Event had MJF digging up some heel stuff and also being unable to get powerbombed cleanly most of the time (so he's not as good as Billy Kidman). Starks got people to hope a little bit and then MJF wins by kicking Starks in the dick.

Danielson shows up and we got our next MJF title match in a few weeks.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2