DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/12 - 12/18/2022

The Natural

22 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

Despite people recognizing the impact of MNF on the ratings?

Weren’t the ratings strong at the beginning of the season?  We’re about three months into the NFL season.  I thought ratings held up fairly well during early weeks of the season. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, worldcupfever said:

Despite people recognizing the impact of MNF on the ratings?

Near record low. This isn't the only year football has happened.

Ratings usually slump when Monday Night Football starts, but they took a bigger percentage drop this year. Brandon Thurston thinks this was the people tuning in to try HHHWWE just going back to football. Ratings were still higher year-over-year at first, though. I guess not now. 

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1

Tomorrow is today.   Bray's new theme has been released to all music platforms.  

Also, something big is supposedly happening tonight.  Possibly the debut of "Uncle Harper", whomever that may be.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tomorrow is today.   Bray's new theme has been released to all music platforms.  

Also, something big is supposedly happening tonight.  Possibly the debut of "Uncle Harper", whomever that may be.

I think this night might be the one when the Bloodline take Sami Zayn out.

IYO SKY!  DAKOTA KAI! TEGAN NOX! LIV MORGAN!  This is the first time I've seen Tegan Nox wrestle.  Tegan Nox is the Danny Glover to Liv Morgan's Mel Gibson in their Lethal Weapon of a tag team!  Nox with the enormous PLANCHA off the top to the floor!  Oh man!  SUNSET FLIP POWERBOMB TO THE FLOOR!  Great Dropkick by IYO!  Someone kicks Tegan Nox in the face!  Fucking BEAUTIFUL Moonsault by IYO for the win!  That was fun!  Iiiiit's GUNTHER!  It's Ricochet!  This will be a clash of styles.  GUNTHER is more fun not in style clashes.  He's more of a guy who does well against other guys who beat the shit out of dudes.  Ricochet spends the early part of the match avoiding GUNTHER's skullcrushing.  THEN!  GUNTHER kicks him over the top rope and starts beating the hell out of him and we go to a commercial.  We return and GUNTHER just REALLY beats the shit out of Ricochet.  GREAT fucking BACKBREAKER by GUNTHER.  Jesus, it must just SUCK to wrestle GUNTHER.  GUNTHER is fuckin' Wahoo McDaniel.  Ricochet's offense looks so weak in his comeback but he presses forward!  SUWA Dropkick on Ricochet!  Dropkick off the apron by Ricochet. A very large ASAI MOONSAULT!  TOPE CON HILO by Ricochet!  Jesus, what a fuckin LARIAT by GUNTHER.  Shooting Star Press FOR TWO!  The crowd is MOLTEN!  POWERBOMB! FOR TWO!  GUNTHER WITH THE EMERALD FROZIEN!  FOR THE WIN!  That was great!  Ricochet did the Rey Mysterio match and GUNTHER sold it all like a champ.  That was great.  Oh gross!  A tag team TRIPLE THREAT!  I don't see any of these dudes takin the belts off the Usos.  Legado del Fantasma are all about the springboards.  Top Dollah doesn't hit the Tope Con Hilo!  The gals get involved!  Hit Row are going to beat the Usos?  Oh, I don't know.  That GUNTHER/Ricochet match fucking RULED.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FkJdbvGWAAENTK9?format=jpg&name=large

Back for a match so John Cena's 2002-2022 streak will continue.

Look, if you're just gonna put up pictures of plain brick walls, we're just gonna stop having you post pictures all together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Io/Dakota vs. Liv/Tegan was good fun. Liv and Tegan made for a better team than expected, and the finish was well executed. 

The Bray/Knight was segment was alright.

Hit Row vs. Viking Raiders vs. Legado del Fantasma was pretty fun though that failed dive by Top Dolla was scary as fuck, and I'm mostly happy he was fine enough that we can laugh about it. the sad thing he was looking perfectly fine before that spot.

Ricochet/GUNTHER was fantastic, probably the best match Ricochet has had in WWE. He ate Gunther's offense so well and had some wonderful fired up comebacks, especially towards the finishing stretch.

The final segment with Bloodline was solid, especially with Cena announcing himself as KO's partner for the final show of the year. 

3 matches on a two hour show feels wrong, but at least they were all pretty fun with one being legit amazing.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3