DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2022 - THREAD 2

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, AxB said:

Apparently Bryan Danielson asked for his opponent on the Seattle show to be... Tony Nese!

Love to see it, it'll be even better than his match with Page this week. Hope it leads to a match against Woods as well, or back into Firm territory running back his match in E' against Big Bill Morrissey

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Soooo, if there really is a chance that Punk returns, it has to be in LA to cost The Elite of their trios titles. That’s a license to print money if everyone will play nice.

I was thinking the same exact thing except I doubt Punk is healed up to do anything. But a trajectory of Punk costing the Elite the titles, leading to Death Triangle feuding with and dropping the titles to the House of Black, while also leading to FTR and Punk vs the Elite would be a hell of a way to start the year.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Danielson requesting a match with Nese makes complete sense, since Nese says Danielson wanted to work with a lot of the 205 guys in WWE. He should be requesting all the fun lower-card guys he wants. TK will get him back around to the big matches when the moment calls (like, say, vs MJF at Revolution), meanwhile Danielson is partaking in something he finds rewarding. 

Edit: Tony, offer Danielson a match with Mascara Dorada for his birthday.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 4

After also listening to the Dax podcast imagine the HEAT~! If we do get the desired Joe/Punk 4 which gets Punk the TNT title, FTR get the tag titles, Elite gets the trios and we get a 6 man for all the gold? 

But first we need a FTR+Best Friends team up 5 on 5 (survivor series style?) against Ingobernables or HoB. (Dax said he drinks with Best Friends after Dynamite a lot.)

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, JLowe said:

Soooo, if there really is a chance that Punk returns, it has to be in LA to cost The Elite of their trios titles. That’s a license to print money if everyone will play nice.

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

I was thinking the same exact thing except I doubt Punk is healed up to do anything. But a trajectory of Punk costing the Elite the titles, leading to Death Triangle feuding with and dropping the titles to the House of Black, while also leading to FTR and Punk vs the Elite would be a hell of a way to start the year.

Punk doesn't even have to be there, just playing Cult of Personality to distract The Elite would do the trick. The tease of his return and feud with The Elite would cost them the titles. Just playing his music would set the anticipation to a fevered pitch IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1