DVDVR Message Board

ROH FINAL BATTLE- 12/10/2022!

DEAN

Could be a sneaky good show. The Dog Collar match is what sold me, but the women's title match, STP vs SIOG, Garcia v Yuta, & Joe vs Juice all have high ceilings. I almost feel like the Jericho match is the only dud, because at least the six man will have fun Dalton shenanigans.

Jericho has been having good matches and I've been into the open challenge thing. But I just don't find this match that interesting. Either we get Claudio wacky sports entertainment, or more likely Claudio wins the title back. But I feel like Claudio should be an AEW guy not an ROH guy. And unless someone new debuts there's no ready made next challenger for either outcome.

• Like 3

• DEAN pinned this topic

The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Mike Bennet) vs. Top Flight (Darius Martin and Dante Martin)  

2.0/Jericho Appreciation Society (Angelo Parker and Matt Menard) vs. Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger and Eli Isom)    

Mascara Dorada vs. JEFF F'N COBB!!!

Added as preshow matches during Rampage, as well as:

Blake Christian & AR Fox vs Ingobernables (Rush & Dralistico) 

on the main card.

In addition to:

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli,  Singles match for the ROH World Championship & If Castagnoli loses, he will have to join the Jericho Appreciation Society
Daniel Garcia (c) vs. Wheeler Yuta, Pure Wrestling Rules match for the ROH Pure Championship
Mercedes Martinez (c) vs. Athena, Singles match for the ROH Women's World Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Juice Robinson, Singles match for the ROH World Television Championship
Swerve In Our Glory (Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee) vs. Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and JD Griffey)   
Dalton Castle and The Boys (Brandon Tate and Brent Tate) (c) vs. The Embassy (Brian Cage and Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun and Toa Liona)) (with Prince Nana), Six-man tag team match for the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship

FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) (c) vs. The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) DOUBLE DOG COLLARS, BABY!!

It's at 5 am tomorrow my time, so that means... I'll be going to bed early tonight!

if it were up to you, would you put the World Title or DOUBLE DOG COLLARS on last? 

I figure if you're ever gonna main event the tag belts over the world title, now is definitely the time.

I COULD see them going with FTR vs Briscoes to open HAWT, as well...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gordlow said:

if it were up to you, would you put the World Title or DOUBLE DOG COLLARS on last? 

I figure if you're ever gonna main event the tag belts over the world title, now is definitely the time.

I COULD see them going with FTR vs Briscoes to open HAWT, as well...

This is the third ROH PPV I've ordered and ALL of them were ordered because of FTR being on them.  FTR moves the needle so put them on last.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

This is the third ROH PPV I've ordered and ALL of them were ordered because of FTR being on them.  FTR moves the needle so put them on last.

This is the second ROH PPV I've ordered, FTR vs Briscoes II was obviously the main reason for the previous one, but I think Rush vs Dragon Lee by itself was already worth throwing 21e at it. For that price, this too seems like a lot of pretty unique stuff. Probably well worth it. Double Dog Collar goes last, absolutely.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The “right” answer is obvious, but the presence of Jericho on a Ring of Honor show might lead the person who matters to think otherwise.

Oh, I don't care when it's on.  I just can't imagine Jericho wanting to follow THAT.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't see how FTR/Briscoes can't go last, even with how good Claudio and The Ocho have been. 

Hey, maybe Claudio can regain his title in a semi-competitive sub 10-minute squash in the opener, just like last time? Obviously, not really, but if The Ocho had had even longer reign at this point, maybe Honky Tonk Man at SummerSlam'88 treatment WOULD be in order?

Edited by Shartnado
One e too many
  • Like 2

When you're tired, wanting to sleep but you've got things going on all the same date today:

• Tea at either Pizza Pieces or German Doner Kebab before...
  • Batman Returns (1992) at The Light Cinema. One of the only Batman films I've never seen on the big screen. Get the chance as it's the 30th Anniversary. I was able to see Batman (1989) the same way. 5:00pm start but it won't till 5:15pm, I reckon.
  • England vs. France in the 2022 FIFA World Cup Quarter-Final. 7pm kickoff. I'll miss the start so I'll either find a pub or watch it at home.
  • ROH Final Battle 2022. A rarity, a USA wrestling show starting at a great time over here, 9pm. Couldn't believe it. To me it's a one match show, #FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers III in a double dog collar match. Gave both matches *****.
  • Like 3

Posted this in the ROH Thread before this one:

#FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers III has to go on last right? It's the biggest match on the show overshadowing Jericho/Castagnoli. Brings back the talk whether the big match gets the main event or the world title as it's the most important title in the promotion.

Can't see Briscoes going 0-3 vs. #FTR. Briscoes also had a visual pinfall on #FTR in the second match when the referee was out. Briscoes regain the ROH World Tag Team Titles.

• Like 1