DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News 2022

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Anybody excited for the Haney-Kambosos rematch this weekend?  Didn't think so.  Last time 2 judges managed to find 4 rounds to give to Kambosos so Haney better be on his toes

I forgot it was happening up until a few days ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

So Holyfield's still broke then?

There are bunch of ex and current athletes (including pro wrestlers) in that business now. It has replaced starting a restaurant in terms of get rich quick schemes.

It looks like the matchup between Ryan Garcia and Tank Davis has been finalized for next year. Tank will have basically what is tuneup bout in early January and then move to fight Garcia. It looks like it will on Showtime PPV and also available on DAZN.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Fury is only 34? Christ, he's faked retirement so many times already I figured he had to be in his late 30's at least.

I mean up until he fought Wladimir, he was still considered a prospect and that was like 2015. He's just been around for what seems like forever.

That said, 34 in recent years hasn't been that old for a HW. I would think that the party lifestyle and other personal issues he had he had took maybe a couple years off his prime. It also helps that he is facing guys like Whyte who I always felt might have been a little overrated based on his fight with Joshua and Chisora who he already beat twice. Chisora is older than him.