DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News 2022

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, there's no need for a rematch. Kambosos hit a really nice left hook in round 2 IIRC but that was about it. Haney is incredible. No holes.

Tuesday we got Inoue/Donaire 2. Let's go. 2:30 AM Pacific. ?

21 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Raced home from the midnight shift to catch that mugging. Donaire will probably soldier on. He has said he can go down to 115. Best to go somewhere Inoue isnt. Would Inoue dare try to fight Fulton at 122

I get a gut feeling he would probably fight Akhmadaliev before Fulton. 

As for Donaire, his career revival of sorts sprung up because he's basically entered in that Roy Jones Jr./Floyd Mayweather stage where he can basically train himself and run his own damn camp. You know you're head and shoulders above just about anyone else when your "head trainer" is your wife who has a Olympic TKD background. He can fight on because he hasn't entered that sad, pathetic stage where he looks like a shell of his former self. That said, I think he should fight 2-3 more fights against big name opponents in the 115-118 range and hang them up. He was clearly a Hall of Famer well before he fought Naoya the first time. There is no super duper Hall of Fame. Get a few more big names on the resume and be done with it. 

• Like 3

I think my girlfriend's sister's newish boyfriend is fighting on TV next week. 

Update: okay wasn't 100% sure it was official but Péter will be on UK's Channel 5 fighting against "Pretty Boy" Josh Kelly this coming Friday night.

https://uncia-info.translate.goog/kramer-peter-nagy-bejelentese/?fbclid=IwAR1UQmqlkKQCGC146LRQd1PQzBl91MxMFOMU9qpklUox7SaWo2DIMXUc87E&_x_tr_sl=hu&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

I mean yeah, it is what it is, he knows - but a million people watch these so it's a good opportunity.

Edited by RunningFromAmerica

I was very surprised at how aggressive Joe Smith was at the beginning of the fight. I thought that was a bold move. Then, Beterbiev said "fuck it" and just overwhelmed him. He also landed some sneaky fast shots. That first knockdown looked like a slip and then on the replay, you see Joe Smith leap right into Beterbiev's cuffing right hand. From there, it was just an onslaught.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another notable heavyweight fight: Deontay Wilder will make his return vs. Robert Helenius on 10/15 on Fox PPV at Barclays Center.

Shelly Finkel seemed deadset on getting Helenius as the opponent. That's not exactly a soft touch.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...