DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK 14

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

But also give Baker and his receivers credit, there were a couple of really damn good throws into really tight windows that led to really good catches after the penalty.

Mayfield made multiple GREAT throws tonight. Throws that would be great if he'd been with the team for 2 years let alone 2 days. It won't last but he played well. 

I watched the extended highlights version of the game and here’s what made those throws so great in 1 regard - they were all right on time. Some of them were off target, and some of them were ill advised into coverage, but they were all where they were drawn up to go. That’s something that some good backups who have practiced all season can’t do when they get into a game. I hope he’s the Rams quarterback next year and that they do something about the OL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Good. I didn't see the game, but in general fines need to be higher to match player salaries. The union will never agree, but what's 5k to a guy making millions? 

I just wish they'd say if the game stops due to a player being injured, that player has to miss the rest of the series, not just the next play. In theory if you are injured enough to not be able to get to the sidelines on your own, most of the time you'd also be too injured to play again 45 seconds later. Cramps being the main exception, but if such a rule slowed down the fake injuries I'd be all for it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Good. I didn't see the game, but in general fines need to be higher to match player salaries. The union will never agree, but what's 5k to a guy making millions? 

He got a $50k fine. That's getting into "think twice about it" territory. 

And it looks like Pickett is hurt.  Whether it is a knee or a concussion not sure.     yeah this is going to be an ugly offensive game.  

If the Cowboys have the starters in this Texans game at the 4th quarter they should just award them a loss.   

Edited by hammerva

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:

And it looks like Pickett is hurt.  Whether it is a knee or a concussion not sure.     yeah this is going to be an ugly offensive game.  

If the Cowboys have the starters in this Texans game at the 4th quarter they should just award them a loss.   

I said last week that the Cowboys deserved to cut lose and have fun out there. They did. They have been trying to win every single year and it just hasn’t happened. Even when they made the playoffs the end was always near. So here they are with the Texans and Jags. Then it’s the Eagles, Titans, Commanders. They better have their heads screwed back on right...you know