DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 12/5 - 12/11/2022

The Natural

Start of the new week needs a new thread. We've NXT Dead1ine which falls on @Dolfan in NYC's Birthday. Happy Birthday, fella. On that date, I'll be seeing Batman Returns (1992) at the cinema for its 30th Anniversary. One of the few Batman films I've never seen there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Well, Raw is now ripping off Impact. They should shitcan Layfield and throw several rolls of cash at the Swingman. It would be fun to see MLW or GCW or somebody have a dice game in an alleyway. Cesar Duran wants you to play for your lives! 

Jesus, you think Asuka/Bayley/Rhea had enough saves and kickouts? 

Booby beating the taste out of Rollins' mouth was extremely satisfying. Did Rollins try and bust out a frickin' Iron Claw in the scrum on the floor?! (Speaking of which, it's always fun seeing Riddle get beat up too, but that Pillmanization needed juice.)

Seeing cowboy Bradshaw on Vice today and remembering him as a midcarder makes me laugh that he's actually in the HoF now. Maybe he gave Vince insider stock tips for it. 6-man was perfectly fine, ending was a fun little finisher-fest. 

The main was your more typical 3-way, where one person is on the floor most of the time (boooo) instead of the workrate fest above. Lynch busted out an INSANELY fast Exploder at one point. 

Wow I watched a lot of Raw tonight.

• Like 1

The Usos take on Matt Riddle and Kevin Owens!  Owens is awesome.  He starts off by beating the crap out of Jey.  Moonsault on Jimmy!  Riddle tags in one has to assume that he is going to become our face in peril and before I can finish typing, he is already taking an ass beating.  Riddle makes the hot tag and Owens starts off with a Swanton!  SUPERKICK PARTY!  Solo Sikoa and Kevin Owens would be fun.  Usos hit a Dudley Death Drop on Riddle for the win.  That was good.  Postmatch, Solo Sikoa does the Umaga Spike onto Riddle!  HE then CRUSHES Riddle's head in a chair!  OH NO! A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!  I hate triple threat matches.  It's Asuka versus Rhea Ripley versus Bayley!  Ripley is still VADER and she is a total monster, throwing Asuka and Bayley all around the ring.  Asuka and Bayley finally start double teaming Ripley and then turn on each other.  Asuka is awesome battling against Ripley.  They do very elaborate things.  Asuka is the glue to the match.  I want to see Ripley versus Bayley.  They have a lot of nearfalls with the third person making the save.  Ripley with a beautiful Northern Lights Suplex.  Ripley takes herself out. Bayley pins Asuka!  That was like every triple threat match where there were a lot of hints at how good a singles match would be between all of those involved.  Rhea Ripley is so awesome. That was good for a triple threat match.  Mustafa Ali and Austin Theory have a match for the US belt!  Nice Tope by Ali!  Ali bumps all over the ring for Theory.  Awkward moment off the top in the corner into a beautiful DDT by Ali as Theory sells it like a circus acrobat.  Dolph Ziggler comes in and randomly causes a dq.  BOOOOOO!  The OC takes on Baron Corbin and the Alpha Academy.  Chad Gable is top six in the world so we await Gable versus number five, AJ Styles.  En Lieu of that, he battles the Good Brothers which is fine.  Great Lariat by Corbin.  Styles finally tags in and he succumbs to the treachery of the Alpha Academy.  We finally get Gable and Styles in the ring together.  Nice Blue Thunder Bomb by Corbin.  Nice Spinebuster by Karl Anderson.  NICE Suplex by Otis on Luke Gallows.  The Good Brothers hit the Magic Killer on Chad Gable for the win.  That was really good.  Akira Tozawa takes on Dominick Mysterio!  Dominick hits a nice Love Machine Splash for the win.  OH NO! A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!  I hate triple threat match.  So what I'm taking away early is that I really need to see Big Time Becks versus Alexa Bliss.  Becky hits an EXPLOIDER on Nikki Cross!  Becky outclasses Cross and Bliss by a lot and Bayley versus Becky will be good.  They still do the match.  Nikki Cross is the glue to this match.  IYO SKY and Dakota Kai hit the ring and take out Becky!  Alexa Bliss pins Nikki Cross!  I imagine Bliss loses to Bayley next week.  That was a good episode of RAW.

• Like 4

Owens/Riddle vs. Usos was good. Loved the post match murder of Riddle by Solo. Solo busting out the Samoan Spike was great. Love how much the Usos and Solo are taking form their uncle.

The Rhea/Asuka/Bayley 3-way was generally decent-solid. The flubs brought it down a bit, and it was a bit too typical of what is expected of 3-way. Would have preferred Rhea won though why she was in this when she is technically owed a shot already from earlier in the year I have no idea.

Ali/Theory was nice while it lasted. Didn't care for the dq ending.

The JBL Poker tournament was dumb but fun for Lumis and later matches it built up.

OC vs. Corbin/Alpha Academy was good fun. 

Dom/Akira was short but solid.

The Becky/Alexa/Nikki 3-way surprised me. It was way the hell better than the first triple threat of the night that had a better array of wrestlers involved. Was just a nice everyone out for themselves kind of affair with no purposeful double teams, some neat spots, and all 3 having their moments to shine. Was happy Alexa won as the eventual Bianca match should provide something fresh despite arguably being the worst choice out of all the possible opponents in both triple threats. Good match all around, probably the best Alexa & Nikki have looked in a while.

• Like 1

What the fudge is going on with: this week, the WWE and fucking Triple Threat matches.  Are they trying to get me to no longer watch their wrestling?  Anyway, Von Wagner, Axiom and Andre Chase have a match together, the three of them.  Von Wagner has hilarious hair.  He IS a UVA coed.  So the takeaway from this match is that Axiom and Andre Chase would be good.  Wagner sells for Axiom, which is good.  Wagner's power overtakes the match while we are in picture in picture.  Wagner has decent punches.  Dueling Cobra Clutches by Wagner.  Wagner is fun in this.  TRIPLE COBRA CLUTCH!  I'm trying to figure out who the WORKER of the match is.  It's Andre Chase.  Wagner is totally game though.  Fun nearfalls as Wagner powers back!  Hey, Axiom pins Wagner!  That was good for a fucking Three Way.  Xyon Quinn is back!  Tony D'Angelo is back!  This should be good.  Nice Lariat by Tony!  Nice Spinebuster by Tony.  That was quick.  It's Charlie Dempsey!  It's Hank Walker!  I assume- at some point in time, Charlie Dempsey and Brogan Finlay will beat the living shit out of each other.  Pictures of Lilly- Liiiilyyy on lily.  Dempsey is awesome.  Walker looks good in this.  GREAT finishing submission by Dempsey.  That was good.  Pretty Deadly aren't wearing ridiculous shirts.  Sad.  BULGING SACKS~!  Thea Hail takes on Isla Dawn!  Hey! According to cagematch.net, Dawn was trained by Malakai Black.  That explains the House of Black VIBE~!  And that was quick.  Will Alba Fyre take another ridiculously awesome bump?  Soon.  It's Malik Blade and Edris Enofe!  They are taking on Briggs and Jenson.  Nice Toprope Elbow by Enofe.  Von Wagner attacks the dude Blade and Enofe comes out with.  A distracted Enofe gets Totally Eliminated!  That was quick but DYNAMIC!  Another Triple Threat.  Here we go.  Indi Hartwell is winning this, right?  Wendy Choo and Fallon Henley round out the cast.  Choo and Henley lay it in!  Nice punch to Choo's face by Henley.  So this is basically a Choo/Henley match with cameo appearances by Hartwell.  So the TAKEAWAY is that Henley vs Choo would be good.  Fallon Henley looks good in this.  Nice Overhead Belly To Belly by Choo onto Henley.  Gnarley Toprope Superplex Powerbomb Thingy.  GREAT Brainbuster by Choo.  On Henley.  Henley and Choo wrestle the match and Hartwell gets the pin.  That was good.    God, after this week, I want no more three ways, four ways or five ways.  That was good little episode of NXT.

• Like 1

Wagner/Chase/Axiom was pretty good, probably the best 3-way in WWE this week. Loved how over Chase was with the crowd and how behind him they got at times.

Quinn/Tony was alright. The post match with Lee and Dijak was a swell. After this week I just hope it isn't another 3-way.

Dempsey/Hank was decent stuff with hank showing off his power and passion while Dempsey stretched him throughout. Gulak appearing was nice. Not sure if I'd rather Gulak and Dempsey wrestle each other other or team up. I figure it will lead to good things whichever way they go.

The Pretty Deadly segment was fun. Did not expect New Day to pop up and set up a title match. That feels so weird and kind of too big even for NXT. Still can't deny how much I  am soooo looking forward to this match on Saturday.

Dawn/Thea was short but decent

Enofe/Blade vs. Briggs/Jensen was another short but neat match.

Indi/Wendy/Fallon was surprisingly good. No major flubs with decent setups and solid action from beginning to end. Was pleased to see Indi take the win. Her backstage promo on Mandy was pretty good and makes me think she actually has shot of winning botht he Iron Survivor match and Mandy. Kudos to NXT/Indi making me a believer even if neither occur.

• Like 1

It's Jey and Jimmy Usos versus Butch and Sheamus!  Sheamus does that Rolling Fireman's Carry that Fit Finlay made famous with Butch onto an Uso.  Uso's hits a Decapitation variation with Jey coming down with a fist!  Butch is our Ricky Morton.  The Usos are Arn and Tully of the WWE and they cut the ring off and beat on Butch to get the crowd behind his struggle.  Sheamus is good on the apron and fun after hitting the hot tag.  Sheamus and Butch beat on the chests of the Usos!  Sheamus takes a gnarly Psicosis Bump shoulder first into the ring post.  Second Rope Air Raid Crash by Sheamus!  Air Raid Crash to the apron by Sheamus!  Great nearfall on a Spinning DDT by Butch!  Another great nearfall on a Running Lyger Bomb by Butch.  ANOTHER great nearfall on a Black Tiger Bomb by Sheamus!  GREAT NEARFALL by Sheamus after hitting a kick to the head!  Dudley Death Drop and the Usos retain!  Well, THAT was fun.  Hey!  It's the Viking Raiders!  It's the two dudes from Legado del Fantasma who aren't Santo Escobar.  One is Joaquin Wilde.  The gal from Hit Row and then Hit Row interrupts the match to beat on the Viking Raiders with chairs.  Then they beat on LdF.  I feel bad that I didn't get the opportunity to fast forward through all that.  It's Ricochet and the New Day against Imperium!  They start off fighting and then New Day and Ricochet crush Imperium on the floor!  Ludwig Kaiser and Ricochet are awesome in the ring together.  Giovanni Vinci is good.  He hasn't been wrestling much lately on TV.  While commercials were playing and I WAS PEEING!, Xavier Woods became our face in peril.  GUNTHER is the Jade Cargill of the far less hotter Baddies that are Imperium, as GUNTHER is letting Vinci and Kaiser beat on Xavier.  Kofi Kingston makes the hot tag and he is energetic and rollicking in his house afiredness.  THEN Kofi flies into the announce table!  The reason for this six man is starting to come to a head when Ricochet and GUNTHER are tagged in.  And they tag in!  Ricochet throws some low grade punches and GUNTHER slaps him across the chest.  THEN GUNTHER makes Ricochet look like he will have a chance next week.  And they tag out!  Ricochet tags back in and hits a Shooting Star Press on Ludwig Kaiser for the win!  Oh man, I assume GUNTHER will beat the living dog crap out of him next week.  That was good!  That's two fun tag matches.  It's Tegan Knox and Liv Morgan!  I assume Knox is turning on Morgan or did that annoying concept go away with Vince McMahon?  Liv hopefully will still be a lunatic and thus put up a fight against the shooter tag team of Rousey and Baszler.  Baszler and Rousey are good heels.  I like that they got over Knox' horrendous knee before the match.  Morgan isn't crazy enough.  GNARLY German Suplex by Baszler.  Knox hits Baszler with a Shining Wizard with her... questionable... knee while Raquel Rodriguez distracts Rousey and Liz Morgan makes the pin.  That was very short.  That was two fun tag matches.  I declare this a successful episode of SMACKDOWN.

• Like 3

Usos vs. Sheamus/Butch was fantastic with plenty of great action and believable nearfalls. 

The signing segment setting up New Day/Ricochet vs. Imperium. The match itself was good stuff as expected. Ricochet got a strong win and came off not too far under Gunther's level.

The other two matches were short and more segments than anything else. Didn't dislike either though the show was definitely carried by the six-man tag and tag titles match. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, The Natural said:

Start of the new week needs a new thread. We've NXT Dead1ine which falls on @Dolfan in NYC's Birthday. Happy Birthday, fella. On that date, I'll be seeing Batman Returns (1992) at the cinema for its 30th Anniversary. One of the few Batman films I've never seen there.

Happy Birthday, @Dolfan in NYC. Have yourself a good un while I'll be there watching Batman Returns.